Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's coming.....

just got this semi fortunate email yesterday:

"Dear Andrew,

I'm so sorry to have to be writing this email. Unfortunately we have been advised by distribution this morning of a substantial price increase for the Blitzway Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Cadillac 1/6 Vehicle. We had been assured back in January that the price increase would only affect any new orders, but this has now changed and we have just been advised that all orders will be affected. Whilst we can absorb some of the cost, we simply don't have the margin to accommodate it all. I'm afraid that this will mean that the price of your order would increase by £225. We understand that this is a substantial increase and we will happily provide you with a full refund for any money paid if you would prefer to cancel your pre-order. Otherwise we can keep you pre-order in place and send a custom invoice for the extra cost.

Please could you let me know how you would like to proceed as we need to confirm final numbers with distribution?

Best regards

Christine"

I replied saying I will pay the money (begrudgingly) and then asked if the rumours were true that the car is soon to be released and got this reply:

"Blitzway are planning to start shipping in March, so we are expecting to take delivery at some point in April. "

£225 increase. wtf.

Blitzway is slowly destroying all the good will and fanbase the got when doing the Ghostbusters line.....

Less then stellar Hannibal release, properties no one wants.....

Comeon BW your better than this.

I guess they have to pay for all those Morgan figures somehow.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

It's coming.....

just got this semi fortunate email yesterday:

"Dear Andrew,

I'm so sorry to have to be writing this email. Unfortunately we have been advised by distribution this morning of a substantial price increase for the Blitzway Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Cadillac 1/6 Vehicle. We had been assured back in January that the price increase would only affect any new orders, but this has now changed and we have just been advised that all orders will be affected. Whilst we can absorb some of the cost, we simply don't have the margin to accommodate it all. I'm afraid that this will mean that the price of your order would increase by £225. We understand that this is a substantial increase and we will happily provide you with a full refund for any money paid if you would prefer to cancel your pre-order. Otherwise we can keep you pre-order in place and send a custom invoice for the extra cost.

Please could you let me know how you would like to proceed as we need to confirm final numbers with distribution?

Best regards

Christine"

I replied saying I will pay the money (begrudgingly) and then asked if the rumours were true that the car is soon to be released and got this reply:

"Blitzway are planning to start shipping in March, so we are expecting to take delivery at some point in April. "

If you don’t mind sharing.....what was your original price? Thanks!

That's a massive bump in price. I haven't heard anything from popcultcha here in Australia but if I do I'll post it here.

I'm sure I read somewhere on there website that preorder prices are guaranteed regardless if the price of the item goes up when it lands. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Yeah a PO price is a set price, shipping is estimated but if a significant change to pricing happens I would believe is the retailer not wanting to eat any additional expense subsidizing by charging the customer more. That’s just a bad retailer in my opinion.

Blitzway is slowly destroying all the good will and fanbase the got when doing the Ghostbusters line.....

Less then stellar Hannibal release, properties no one wants.....

Comeon BW your better than this.

I guess they have to pay for all those Morgan figures somehow.

I can only imagine the problems with this thing. I wonder if they've bit off more than they can chew? Wonder what reason they have to justify a £225 increase? Makes me wonder when others are going to be told we have to pay more who've ordered from sites in the U.S. They're the company who set the price to begin with, know your **** first Blitzway.

I got mine for 1599.99 at BBTS with 320 down payment, I'll be pissed if I'm asked to pay more money. Damn shame those over seas are having to pay about 700 more for it than we are.

The price they are asking is sky high to begin with. I would definitely be concerned about them cutting corners if that email is legitimate.

Wait what?!? That would be a nearly $300 price bump for me. If this is true I might be one of those backing out, because while it looks great and I have the money... I'm just not sure it's something worth paying $1800 or so for.

Wait what?!? That would be a nearly $300 price bump for me. If this is true I might be one of those backing out, because while it looks great and I have the money... I'm just not sure it's something worth paying $1800 or so for.

Understandable. This is where you start weighing "One time cost, it'll never be made again" vs. "Crossing the value line". I wonder how many sales they'll lose from this.

Its still the same price on the Blitzway site, I don't think Blitzway has increased the price at all. This is your retailer putting the price up because they mucked up the conversion sale price and not making enough on this to justify them selling it. Or maybe they underestimated postage on this.

"We honestly didn't expect to have to be writing this mail as we had been assured that the ones we had on pre-order wouldn't be affected by the increase. The buy price increases for many items as the release date gets closer, at which point we will then increase our buy price (but all previous orders remain at the lower price). We have never had an increase like this before and we are really angry about it too. I have checked all of our other distributors, just in case we could get a better price from them, but they have sold out. "

yeah, its the distributor, not Blitzway.

No email of that sort from Timewalker. Never heard of anything like that before honestly. I’m in the camp that there’s zero chance I’m backing out now. It’s never happening again and aftermarket price is going to be astronomical to even think about grabbing down the line instead.

BlueFins nonsense again???

I spoke with Sideshow today and they said they were not increasing the price. They also said it was moving back the expected arrival date to April-May timeframe.

Back