Statue Blitzway- 1/4 'Superb Scale' Marilyn Monroe full spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me "lifelike" is not a wide open area.
A "butt" or arms and legs should have normal dimensions. Why i should accept a figure with
a much bigger butt and spaghetti arms and legs only because fabric covers it.....?
Think of a STORMTROOPER or HULK figure with thin arms or legs ......:lol

... er... Whatever. I received mine last week and I couldn't be happier with it. What a beautiful piece.

Maybe i am wrong..... but for me "lifelike" is not a wide open area.
If a "butt" or arms and legs should have normal dimensions why i should accept a figure with
a much bigger ass and spaghetti arms and legs only because fabric covers it.....?
If you would have here a STORMTROOPER or HULK figure with thin arms or legs
you certainly would discuss it with more criticism.

All statues with cloth are like that...the fabric fills out the covered parts

Wow .... just wow. A production piece that actually match the prototype. She is absolutely stunning. Worst pix ever - just to prove that I actually got her.

SDC11967.JPGSDC11968.JPGSDC11969.JPGSDC11970.JPG

I have the same issues.
The foot with the peg is slightly raised from the base but the heel has contact to the base.
The other foot touches the base only with the front.
And i also have that slight wobble issue.
And there is a defect in the painting on the foot with the peg (see picture 2)
It seems your/my issues are "normal".....:dunno

View attachment 236934
View attachment 236936
View attachment 236938

thank you for confirming.

I watched a couple video reviews and noticed their statues had the same issue so apparently this is normal with one foot slightly raised (and not touching the base).

None of the reviewers noted the imbalance so maybe we're one of the select few that are bothered by it.

Body looks fine when her clothes are on....

I didn't take notice of this until a video reviewer (who happened to be female) pointed it out - but she noted that the cut of Marilyn's original dress was not so revealing. Blitzway took some liberties with showing more of the twins.

Accuracy aside, this statue is such a beautiful piece. I normally don't purchase collectibles outside of the superhero/sports/video game lines but I had to add this Marilyn statue to my collection.

Wonder if Blitzway will take a crack at the Seven Year Itch Marilyn. I don't know how they would replicate that famous pose in a mixed media format. The skirt would probably require wires if they went the fabric route.

I didn't take notice of this until a video reviewer (who happened to be female) pointed it out - but she noted that the cut of Marilyn's original dress was not so revealing. Blitzway took some liberties with showing more of the twins.

Accuracy aside, this statue is such a beautiful piece. I normally don't purchase collectibles outside of the superhero/sports/video game lines but I had to add this Marilyn statue to my collection.

Wonder if Blitzway will take a crack at the Seven Year Itch Marilyn. I don't know how they would replicate that famous pose in a mixed media format. The skirt would probably require wires if they went the fabric route.

I saw that review too. I like how she claimed the normal statue collectors wouldn't have bought up this piece if not for the in-your-face cleavage. I like to think the discussion here earlier about all the other Hollywood stars we'd buy from Blitzway challenges that claim.

Think there were a lot of us that simply fell in love with the overall beauty of this piece. I don't even collect Marilyn pieces but I couldn't pass this up. I like their new Rocky even better, judging from the prototype.

Think there were a lot of us that simply fell in love with the overall beauty of this piece. I don't even collect Marilyn pieces but I couldn't pass this up. I like their new Rocky even better, judging from the prototype.

I saw that review too. I like how she claimed the normal statue collectors wouldn't have bought up this piece if not for the in-your-face cleavage. I like to think the discussion here earlier about all the other Hollywood stars we'd buy from Blitzway challenges that claim.

I'm in the exact same boat - I don't even collect Marilyn pieces but had to get this due to the sheer beauty and artistry that went into this statue.

It doesn't hurt that Marilyn is voluptuous but I don't believe people buy this statue specifically for the in your face cleavage (as the video reviewer mentioned). The demographic that usually buy these statues or figures are collectors that have an appreciation of the finer details and accuracy to those that are being recreated in 1/6, 1/4, etc. scale.

And as you mentioned (jadekit22), there was discussion of other stars we'd like Blitzway. The only issue is none are probably as iconic/mainstream as Marilyn so I'm not sure if those will ever see the light of day. Personally I'd like to see Elizabeth Taylor, Grace Kelly or Rita Hayworth.

yeah, I'd get her if there was a promise of future actresses/actors. Trouble is I know Marilyn can carry her wait, and probably Audrey... after that most people don't have a clue who these actresses are. Sad but true, you ask people these days if they like old classic movies they say "Of course! Independence Day was awesome!" :slap

Back