Statue Blitzway- 1/4 'Superb Scale' Marilyn Monroe full spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am confused.
Are "Arnie Kim" and a "K. A. Kim" two different persons?
Both working for Blitzway?
Both are scuptors?

Different people. Arnie Kim is a guy. KA Kim a girl. Both extremely talented artists. Both are sculptors and work for various companies. Arnie Kim is especially good at Bruce Lee sculpts & he did HT Reeve/Superman sculpt. KA (kyung-ah) Kim has recently done amazing work for Blitzway (Marilyn & Stallone) and Star Ace (Hermione Granger).

I just bought the 1/4 scale statue but it's tempting to get this 1/6 scale too - what do we call this, a recast(?).

1/6 is more space friendly on the display shelves. And this reproduction is pretty good.

As the strains are so identically but in some areas with less details i guess the 1/6 head is a copy (scanned, resized to 1/6 and 3D-printed) from a Blitzway Monroe head.
I could be wrong but there are too much similarities. A talented sculptor would not copy every strain what is really hard work.
He would do his own thing. The face is the face but with different facial expressions and with the hair you can
offer interested people something unique what is more wanted than an exact copy of an existing work.

If so this is not a recast but imho its stolen artist work.
I would like to have a 1/6 Marilyn head but i dont support stealing.

As the strains are so identically but in some areas with less details i guess the 1/6 head is a copy (scanned, resized to 1/6 and 3D-printed) from a Blitzway Monroe head.
I could be wrong but there are too much similarities. A talented sculptor would not copy every strain what is really hard work.
He would do his own thing. The face is the face but with different facial expressions and with the hair you can
offer interested people something unique what is more wanted than an exact copy of an existing work.

If so this is not a recast but imho its stolen artist work.
I would like to have a 1/6 Marilyn head but i dont support stealing.

:goodpost:

:hi5:

I don't care how many they make, as long as they keep making more actresses from the golden age... Audrey Hepburn in her 20's would be awesome !!!!
Agree :yess:
2129434_DetailsThumb_Rev.jpg

I'd never support this theft anyway, but those 1/6th photos are kind of off-putting. The face just doesn't work with all those poses, even with the eyes widened. The proportions are alright form the waist-down, but those skinny arms put it in uncanny valley territory. Might make for a decent custom with a different outfit..

I'd never support this theft anyway, but those 1/6th photos are kind of off-putting. The face just doesn't work with all those poses, even with the eyes widened. The proportions are alright form the waist-down, but those skinny arms put it in uncanny valley territory. Might make for a decent custom with a different outfit..

It doesn't come with that body. The set is just H&C.

Having the same issue with mine. I figure it's by roughly 1/16th an inch for me and she's not too wobbly. I'm not quite sure it's a huge cause for concern but it is a little worrisome.

I'm having an issue getting her to sit flat on the base, she's very wobbly and her peg wont go in any further...

Anyone else have the same non-flush problem too?

My statue doesn't sit flush either and the peg is slightly raised from the base. One of Marilyn's heels (the foot with the peg) touches the base. But the other heel/foot is slightly raised in the air - the front foot makes contact with the base but the back of the foot/heel does not. I also have that slight wobble issue too.

Not sure what to do since statue is currently sold out and can't get a replacement from BBTS. I love the statue so the dilemma is whether the issue is minor enough where I can live with the defect.

I'm running into an incredibly bad string of luck with Blitzway - this is the third statue in a row with quality control issues. My first Enter the Dragon Bruce Lee Statue arrived moldy and with bad paint apps. The second Bruce Lee did not sit flush on the base. Now Marilyn has the same problem too... makes me wary of pre-ordering their Rocky 2.

My statue doesn't sit flush either and the peg is slightly raised from the base. One of Marilyn's heels (the foot with the peg) touches the base. But the other heel/foot is slightly raised in the air - the front foot makes contact with the base but the back of the foot/heel does not. I also have that slight wobble issue too.

I have the same issues.
The foot with the peg is slightly raised from the base but the heel has contact to the base.
The other foot touches the base only with the front.
And i also have that slight wobble issue.
And there is a defect in the painting on the foot with the peg (see picture 2)
It seems your/my issues are "normal".....:dunno

0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg

This Marilyn figure is amazing.
But what i dont understand is every male figure from Blitzway is made with the finest detail to its best.
Every tear drop was built up as it was in original.
But the Marilyn figure is in some details not correct.
The face is perfect ... but , the body is "ASIAN" looking?
Sorry to say it so but i have some figures here from asian sculptors which have all the same issues.
"Too big butt and too small/thin legs and arms"....

As the face is correct i dont think the sculptor has a missunderstanding in porpotions with the body.

Why than the body is not correct ?

Marilyn was a good looking "well rounded" female human, but not an insane asian fantasy with big butt and
spaghetti legs and arms................

This Marilyn figure is amazing.
What i dont understand is every male figure from Blitzway is made with the finest detail to its best.
Every tear drop was built up as it was in original.
But the Marilyn figure is in some details not correct.
The face is perfect ... but , the body is "ASIAN" looking?
Sorry to say it so but i have some figures here from asian sculptors which have all the same issues.
"Too big butt and too small/thin legs and arms"....

As the face is correct i dont think the sculptor has a missunderstanding in porpotions with the body.

Why than the body is not correct ?

Marilyn was a good looking "well rounded" female human, but not an fantasy with big butt and
spaghetti legs and arms..............:slap..

4.jpg

5.jpg

Back