Statue Blitzway- 1/4 'Superb Scale' Marilyn Monroe full spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Blitzway has been weird in when emailing them.

One time I asked them a question and they replied back in like 2 hours. The next was 2 weeks. And the last, nothing.

I didn't realize they didn't have e-commerce even setup on their site. So strange.

Golden boy you should email bbts and just ask what they can do to reduce your shipping cost. $85 to Canada sounds high

I'm in Canada, and BBTS has an $85 FedEx shipping cost for some reason. With our dollar that'd shoot up to around $120 for shipping. If the shipping was around the same $45 or so that Sideshow ships at, then I likely would've gone that route. With how Blitz has their website ordering laid out, I don't even know what the shipping will be...I guess they're supposed to send me some order form? It's pretty silly, I think. I'm not sure why they don't just give you the ability to order from the website like most other companies do.

I'm not sure how much shipping will be from there, but it can't be worse than $85US...if it is, then I'll have to make a choice, as these are some crazy shipping numbers. :lol I just find it frustrating that I've heard absolutely nothing from them yet. Someone posted a page or two back that they got a notice from them a week after ordering...just seems like an odd way to run a company in terms of taking orders.

Yeah, Blitzway has been weird in when emailing them.

One time I asked them a question and they replied back in like 2 hours. The next was 2 weeks. And the last, nothing.

I didn't realize they didn't have e-commerce even setup on their site. So strange.

Yeah, it's quite odd that you don't have someone respond within 48 hours of an e-mail. The lack of e-commerce on their website definitely caught me off guard though!

Golden boy you should email bbts and just ask what they can do to reduce your shipping cost. $85 to Canada sounds high

Yeah, that's what I thought too, especially when I fill it out with an address from the US and it's $18. :lol I may check in with them about it and see!

Heard back from BBTS (within 24 hours? I guess Blitzway is the only one who goes the within 24 days route :rolleyes2) They talked about the weight of the item (17 lbs) and how much FedEx charges to ship it. I'm guessing it'll be close to that from Blitz also, but I'm hoping that it's not automatically in US currency. It may be...I dunno...because I've yet to hear from them! So yeah, $85 from BBTS to ship it...air mail is cheaper, but I'm hesitant going that route. It's a lot slower, and I'm not sure how safe it is (though one could argue FedEx/UPS are fast, yet just as risky!) Anyone ever go the plain air mail route before?

I'll likely e-mail Blitzway again today, as it's kind of getting silly.

Heard back from BBTS (within 24 hours? I guess Blitzway is the only one who goes the within 24 days route :rolleyes2) They talked about the weight of the item (17 lbs) and how much FedEx charges to ship it. I'm guessing it'll be close to that from Blitz also, but I'm hoping that it's not automatically in US currency. It may be...I dunno...because I've yet to hear from them! So yeah, $85 from BBTS to ship it...air mail is cheaper, but I'm hesitant going that route. It's a lot slower, and I'm not sure how safe it is (though one could argue FedEx/UPS are fast, yet just as risky!) Anyone ever go the plain air mail route before?

I'll likely e-mail Blitzway again today, as it's kind of getting silly.

If there's tracking on the air mail option and it's that much cheaper I don't see the problem. Stuff gets flown all the time, and believe me there is very little difference between how the FedEx, UPS or the postal person, treats your package.

If there's tracking on the air mail option and it's that much cheaper I don't see the problem. Stuff gets flown all the time, and believe me there is very little difference between how the FedEx, UPS or the postal person, treats your package.

:lol that's unfortunately what I figured. Unfortunately, I don't think there's tracking, which is where it gets tougher. I think tracking is like, $1, so I'm not sure why all shipping options don't just include it -- especially for items of this cost! I e-mailed Blitz again on their site, and again it said it went through, so hopefully I'll hear back this week. Not a fan of their "Always Open!" line under "Contact Us." Being open all the time doesn't help when you don't respond. :p

I received a final payment notice for Machiko from Sideshow, and it's a 12 lb statue, with the dimensions on the box on their site saying 22-30lbs for dimensional weight...it was $40 to ship. That's pretty much the area I expected BBTS to ship at, as they ship enough with FedEx and UPS that I'm sure they can get deals as well.

Ah well, not much I can do but wait and see what Blitz says at this point, then decide from there!

Man, if they would just announce a Bogey I would order this in a split second. :gah: just don't want a one off.

Would love to have an old hollywood collection... or an old singer collection- Marilyn had an amazing voice. Give us a Billie Holiday and Bingo Crosby please Blitzway.

Might just order one from BBTS if you're in the US? They are saying November ship date though..

Hate to break it to you but Blitzway is probably just ignoring your emails. I emailed them about the release date telling them that the last email I got from them they said the figure would start shipping on September, and that it's October now. I asked if they had a final shipping date now since September has passed and a question regarding payments options for the statue. Exactly one day later their reply to me was:

"HI, there
We are sorry to inform you that this item is already sold out.

Thanks"

It's pretty F-ed Up that they didn't even bother to update that notice on their website, seeing that its still up for purchase. I've even emailed to make sure if they didn't make a mistake or anything by rephrasing their email to them and asking if they're for sure that the item was sold out by pre-order or if they made a mistake. I'm pretty sure it was no mistake since the subject line did refer to the statue. If I were you don't wast time waiting for Blitzway's reply. I got this email at October 7 and still have not received a reply to the numerous emails I sent regarding it's stock for pre-order.

Production Finished, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes is Releasing End of October!

box3.jpg

box2.jpg

box1.jpg

Hate to break it to you but Blitzway is probably just ignoring your emails. I emailed them about the release date telling them that the last email I got from them they said the figure would start shipping on September, and that it's October now. I asked if they had a final shipping date now since September has passed and a question regarding payments options for the statue. Exactly one day later their reply to me was:

"HI, there
We are sorry to inform you that this item is already sold out.

Thanks"

It's pretty F-ed Up that they didn't even bother to update that notice on their website, seeing that its still up for purchase. I've even emailed to make sure if they didn't make a mistake or anything by rephrasing their email to them and asking if they're for sure that the item was sold out by pre-order or if they made a mistake. I'm pretty sure it was no mistake since the subject line did refer to the statue. If I were you don't wast time waiting for Blitzway's reply. I got this email at October 7 and still have not received a reply to the numerous emails I sent regarding it's stock for pre-order.

Damn, so you're saying they said that about the Monroe statue to you after contacted them? That's some pretty terrible customer service. I mean, making great statues is one thing, but update your website, stop taking orders, and respond to customers when they inquire about things...so basic, yet it's a huge deal in remaining in business.

Thanks for the heads up though! Much appreciated! I was waiting to hear back before I looked to order with higher shipping, but I was also nervous that THOSE would sell out by the time I heard back. I guess I may have to order through BBTS if I want this enough...just choose one of the cheaper shipping options, I suppose. Damn...unfortunate to hear, and also a big shame that Blitzway cares so little as to not even respond or simply say "Sold Out" on their website.

Anyone know of any other site that has her still available other than BBTS?

Damn, so you're saying they said that about the Monroe statue to you after contacted them? That's some pretty terrible customer service. I mean, making great statues is one thing, but update your website, stop taking orders, and respond to customers when they inquire about things...so basic, yet it's a huge deal in remaining in business.

Thanks for the heads up though! Much appreciated! I was waiting to hear back before I looked to order with higher shipping, but I was also nervous that THOSE would sell out by the time I heard back. I guess I may have to order through BBTS if I want this enough...just choose one of the cheaper shipping options, I suppose. Damn...unfortunate to hear, and also a big shame that Blitzway cares so little as to not even respond or simply say "Sold Out" on their website.

Anyone know of any other site that has her still available other than BBTS?

I pre ordered from BBTS yesterday and they have replied quick, from the sound of their email they couldn't really guarantee if there'll be enough, I'm willing to chance it though. And by they way I finally got a reply this morning, pretty convenient timing to inform you all, this is what they said.

Regarding Marilyn Monroe 1/4th Scale Statue_Blitzway

"Dear Customer

Thanks for the inquiry, but we are very sorry to inform you that this item is already sold out.

Cheers"

I feel replying back just to tell them to update their damn site! But I'd not waste time anymore.

I sent them an email yesterday asking about shipping cost and they just replied with this:

Hi, there
We use EMS, but this item is already sold out.
Thanks

I just got that e-mail as well. Guess Blitzway is like, "Hey, maybe we should actually get back to people?" An easier solution would be to say, "Sold Out," on their website...that'd stop e-mails pretty fast! :p

Thanks for the info though Salv...I sucked it up and put an order in through BBTS. It's a heavy shipping cost, but alas, likely the only way I'll have a shot at this. Here's hoping they can fulfill all the orders they make as well! I think once things get dicey, you make a wait list, you don't keep making POs. Fingers crossed on this one!

And thanks for the AlterEgo recommendation Gia...I'd checked there before and knew it was sold out. Looks like most places ran out of stock earlier, so hopefully BBTS can take care of it.

BBTS usually has enormous orders - they have a huge quantity on most things..I'd love to see how big their warehouse is!

BBTS usually has enormous orders - they have a huge quantity on most things..I'd love to see how big their warehouse is!

I'm hoping that's the case. It'd make sense, but it'd be unfortunate if they were up against it here. What'd their e-mail say Salv? I haven't received anything from them after my PO.

Thanks for the info though Salv...I sucked it up and put an order in through BBTS. It's a heavy shipping cost, but alas, likely the only way I'll have a shot at this. Here's hoping they can fulfill all the orders they make as well! I think once things get dicey, you make a wait list, you don't keep making POs. Fingers crossed on this one! .

I emailed BBTS after this whole thing happened with Blitzway being sold out to make sure, and they assured me that yes, they have a certain allotment, and that they have not sold them all yet. It does indeed seem like BBTS might be the last place to get one of these, that I can find anyway.

Oh, also, BBTS responded to my email in like 5 minutes. :D

Back