Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Denis Villeneuve to direct new Blade Runner film

Nah...T2 is not original and it's (subjectively) better than T1 in almost every area. It's even more mainstream and a different type of film too, so BR2 can be consider "better" if they make a great film. Personally, I don't think they should make another one, but I won't lie, I'm more excited about this than SW or Mad Max. I hope Edward James Olmos comes back too.

Agreed. T2 is vastly superior to T1.

The Godfather: Part II, The Empire Strikes Back, The Road Warrior, ALIENS, The Dark Knight, X2, Spider-Man 2, The Winter Soldier...all examples of how sequels can be better than the originals.

The Godfather: Part II, The Empire Strikes Back, The Road Warrior, ALIENS, The Dark Knight, X2, Spider-Man 2, The Winter Soldier...all examples of how sequels can be better than the originals.

Ummmm....it's really good, but I wouldn't say it's better than its predecessor. It's very different.

Also (IMO) Ledger made TDK, but as a whole, I enjoyed BB the most.

I go back and forward on which is better, Alien or Aliens, so I'm gonna rank them the same, it's just a matter of what I'm in the mood for, horror or action.

I hope there's some work going on behind the scenes to clear up the licensing on the first film. The new film is available for licensing now.

Actually, I think I disagree on all of those! :lol
Well, actually no, I don't have an opinion on X2, Spiderman 2 or TWS, and TESB is a better film than ANH... but the rest, I'll stick with the first parts.

I like it. Doesn't show too much, but you get the feel. I like the updated logo, plus Ryan Gosling and Harrison in the same film is very exciting.

Looks kewl, especially the last shot. To be honest, if it was any other film, the footage wouldn't be a big deal, but since it's BR, I'm excited about it. My most anticipated film of 2017 along with GOTG2.

Goosebumps watching the trailer- my expectations are low but I think this can be a great film- has the true vibe of a 1980's Ridley Scott.

Villeneuve is an incredible filmmaker, Roger Deakins is the DoP, this will be amazing.

Very interested in this.

Love it!Villeneuve is the best director out there these days.

Wow, looks awesome. Haven't seen the OG flick, I better watch it.

Wow, looks awesome. Haven't seen the OG flick, I better watch it.

You have not seen BR?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

you are in for a great experience but it ain't full of action crap- thinking man's film. A classic

You have not seen BR?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

you are in for a great experience but it ain't full of action crap- thinking man's film. A classic

I haven't belive it or not. :lol This is what I've heard, so I'll be sure to keep my expectations in check.

My favourite film of all time. Sequel needs to be gritty and dirty and OMG that music, can't wait (this time last year I was cursing them resurrecting this!)

The original film has a very slow pace and "The Denis" seems to like making films with a slow pace from what I've seen so far, so I don't expect any huge action sequences from this film, but I've seen some comments online from people who clearly haven't seen the first film expecting a sci-fi action movie, and boy are they going to be disappointed :lol

Back