BLACULA, when???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanpedromanrique

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I placed my order at SS for Amok Time´s "Blacula" exactly two years ago. The order is still processing... When is it going to be released???????????????????????????????????????????:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno

Amok Time are jokes. They take pre-orders but don't make anything because they don't get enough pre-orders. That really pisses me off. Alot of the stuff they advertise was supposed to release years ago.

But on another note, when you pre-order it doesn't charge your card until the product actually ships correct? :wink1: Maybe if I put in a pre-order for a few that will tip the scale. Doubt it but hey, I gotta atleast try to get that Dr. West and Bub. I wanna join the two year wait too! :lol

Amok Time are jokes. They take pre-orders but don't make anything because they don't get enough pre-orders. That really pisses me off. Alot of the stuff they advertise was supposed to release years ago.

But on another note, when you pre-order it doesn't charge your card until the product actually ships correct? :wink1: Maybe if I put in a pre-order for a few that will tip the scale. Doubt it but hey, I gotta atleast try to get that Dr. West and Bub. I wanna join the two year wait too! :lol

Actually, they're not "jokes." If you paid for a preorder and contact them, you'll get a refund. They're more frustrated than we are at the current situation (it's an issue with China) and outside of that, any product you buy from them, that's in stock, gets shipped ASAP. Might want to do a little more research before out and out bashing a company for something that's out of their hands. :wink1:

And FYI, that "preorder" situation... it's called gauging interest. EVERYBODY does that. :lol Most recently Sideshow's Mummy PF comes to mind.

HAHAHA! I was just looking around for this guy this morning and saw Preorders only! Well, that explains that! I was hoping to get the Christopher Lee Dracula and Blacula facing off against Blade and Abigail.

Yeah I was totally bashing them for something they didn't do. Even though they still take pre-orders for something that was supposed to release years ago when they're having a "situation" with China. Lol. I'm sure they're very professional when it comes to refunding people and shipping in stock items but if they were really THAT professional they would have stopped taking pre-orders for things that will most likely never happen. Yeah they're not jokes because they refund people. :lol

FYI, I can understand taking pre orders to understand the size of the market for a specific product, but still taking pre orders on things that say they're supposed to ship last year? Yeah, gauging interest. :dunno I suppose you are right though, I shouldn't be "bashing" companies who deliver products on time or stop taking pre-orders when there's a problem with the overseas manufacturer. Anyways I'm still :pray: these release.

You want to buy this? It won't release for 4 years but hey, give me your money now. :rotfl Not trying to be difficult but I'm just very displeased about these figures not being in my house right now. :impatient: :(

Yeah I was totally bashing them for something they didn't do. Even though they still take pre-orders for something that was supposed to release years ago when they're having a "situation" with China. Lol. I'm sure they're very professional when it comes to refunding people and shipping in stock items but if they were really THAT professional they would have stopped taking pre-orders for things that will most likely never happen. Yeah they're not jokes because they refund people. :lol

FYI, I can understand taking pre orders to understand the size of the market for a specific product, but still taking pre orders on things that say they're supposed to ship last year? Yeah, gauging interest. :dunno I suppose you are right though, I shouldn't be "bashing" companies who deliver products on time or stop taking pre-orders when there's a problem with the overseas manufacturer. Anyways I'm still :pray: these release.

You want to buy this? It won't release for 4 years but hey, give me your money now. :rotfl Not trying to be difficult but I'm just very displeased about these figures not being in my house right now. :impatient: :(

Look in the thread Slades posted. There's an official statement from Amok there.

I just recently traded some junk off for a few issues of Bluewater's Vincent Price Presents comic. In the back of issue #9 ( an issue printed 17 months go) there was an advertisement for the Vincent Price Presents figure being released in conjunction with the comic. The ad stated it would be out for sale in the fourth quarter of 2009. This figure has never been released. There are a variety of factors involved, not the least of which is a crappy economy. I really wanted this figure, but I doubt its ever going to be made available for me to purchase. I, for one, do not pre-order everything. In doing so, I often forget what I have ordered and it causes problems. If they are gauging interest based on pre-orders, then they really dont have any idea who would actually buy a figure if they knew they could have it within three days of seeing it and ordering it. Versus having it on pre-order for 2-3 years.....

I just recently traded some junk off for a few issues of Bluewater's Vincent Price Presents comic. In the back of issues #9 (17 months go) there was an advertisement for the Vincent Price Presents figure that stated it would be out for sale in the fourth quarter of 2009. This figure has never been released. There are a variety of factors involved, not the least of which is a crappy economy. I really wanted this figure, but I doubt its ever going to be made available for me to purchase. I, for one, do not pre-order everything. In doing so, I often forget what I have ordered and it causes problems. If they are gauging interest based on pre-orders, then they really dont have nay idea who would actually buy a figure if they knew they could have it within three days of seeing it and ordering it. Versus having it on pre-order for 2-3 years.....

I think we both agree that initially, it wouldn't have been the case, but with the issues in the economy, the rising costs in China, etc., things have changed. I think they'll do like they did on recent figures where they'll keep the preorders up, order a set amount anyway, and once they arrive and sell through, they'll be gone.

I think we both agree that initially, it wouldn't have been the case, but with the issues in the economy, the rising costs in China, etc., things have changed. I think they'll do like they did on recent figures where they'll keep the preorders up, order a set amount anyway, and once they arrive and sell through, they'll be gone.

I want to get the Vincent Price, and maybe the Vincent Price Masque of Red Death. The sculpts and likenesses are tremendous. It infuriates me that they are in "development hell". I have issues with A.T's policies about pre-orders, etc. Mostly because I pre-ordered IT because they told me if I wanted to see IT produced I needed to pre-order. So I did, and then he was the first one they scrapped.:pfft::monkey2:gah:

Back