BlackBox 1/6 Guess Me Series - "REPLICANT KILLER"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yes, but you get what you pay for and this figure is half the price of most Three Zero releases... so like you can’t expect Hot Toys quality you also can’t expect Three Zero quality either. I think the Supermad Toys version will be better than this, especially when modded, but still you get what you pay for. There’s still the custom route for you if you can pay for it. Both the high quality custom clothes and sculpt can be found in this forum.

I dunno man, I was going to use the example of the Dredd figure from figure arts which was pretty cheap but of a sound quality. If that was more expensive then I take you point.

So I tried to roll the pant cuffs last night and noticed that there was excess fabric that made it impossible to roll it properly and make it look good.
Here is what I did.

As you can see to much material.
Pd7aWqT.jpg

Rolling it up will leave the extra exposed and look like poo.
oAIoyLy.jpg

Using a pair of small scissors I cut off just enough.
wPBVZLL.jpg

Try not to cut the threads around the cuff or at the hem or it will start to fall apart.
gOdwP0M.jpg

Just leave enough, a mm or two. The scissors I used
rP4wIz5.jpg

Using a pair on needle nose pliers I pull it over the boots, this wasn't easy.
AMIWCXA.jpg

Here what it looks like finished. I rolled it 3x.
icHmFZR.jpg

When the parted-out parts of this figure hit the usual shops i'm going to pick up a coat, sweater and pants. I'm thinking of waxing the coat after weathering it, rubbing a white candle over it and then hitting it with a blow dryer to soak it in. I will distress and weather them as close like the movie. Will also pick up a head sculpt and make a bloody-beaten K.

When the parted-out parts of this figure hit the usual shops i'm going to pick up a coat, sweater and pants. I'm thinking of waxing the coat after weathering it, rubbing a white candle over it and then hitting it with a blow dryer to soak it in. I will distress and weather them as close like the movie. Will also pick up a head sculpt and make a bloody-beaten K.

Yes, I was thinking about waxing the coat too. Good idea about the candle!

Dumb question. Do you think this sculpt could be repainted to give him more of a Nice Guys look?

The elite toys head sculpt looks like a good option for the agent K black box version
6f5c8020b5feac43a487c94a9c8d93ea.jpg

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Dumb question. Do you think this sculpt could be repainted to give him more of a Nice Guys look?

You could but it’d probably be difficult and still not accurate. The hair would still be a bit short, and I don’t think the mustache and soul patch are sculpted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a little TLC, this outfit can be pretty damn satisfactory. :exactly: Coat can still use some more weathering. Head sculpt is a custom.

26325063397_e541a87cfe_c.jpg

27324111668_b58a59f6db_c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back