BlackBox 1/6 Guess Me Series - "REPLICANT KILLER"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I actually think the coat color looks pretty accurate, and in most pics it does appear to have more of a bluish color to it. The bigger problem is just that it's not made of leather like it should be.

But with some extra weathering added I think it could still work pretty well.

View attachment 372114
View attachment 372115

No it’s not leather. You see the fabric clearly in close ups. It’s more like oilskin. They would never use leather in the BR universe as there are almost no animals left and it’s a no no.
And the coat should be greenish.
Biggest problem to me is the inner fur on the coat. The ‘hair’ is to long. Should be similar to the HT Bane coat.

Last edited:
Yes, the coat isn't leather. The costume designer said it's waxed cotton with the number painted on the back.

Can someone show me a picture of what the numbers on the back look like? I can't find anything nor remember seing it when I saw the movie.

1Kuse.jpg

We do seem to have a bit of a Han Hoth situation with the actual prop and intended screen-appearance differing.

The NECA coat captures the impression I took away as the screen-accurate color.

Too soon to start a Yunsil thread? That's what I really want. With a repaint on the head and the hard accessories, that could make for a great figure.

I need a Ryan 'Hey Girl' Gosling in my collection.

Honestly Star Puffs, I'm surprised a Yunsil thread has not already been started!

IMO the film is worthy of a - just get the best possible done, right off of the bat treatment - and not muck around for years and years of slightly better or worse or varying bootleg versions.

Hmm, sorta tempting... but not sure I love the movie quite enough to buy both this figure and a $300-400 Yunsil set on top of it...

Yeah, it's a soporific blockbuster at times - Blade Walker perhaps.:lol Some of it didn't work - the holo-girl was a strange element, and it was all a bit murky in terms of replicants being way more "mixed in" to society than in BR - but they captured the whole vibe of BR really well.

Enjoyed it a lot, but how people thought it was going to be the must-see movie of the season or would have appeal to people under 25 is beyond me. And while the visuals were striking at times, I struggled to see why it cost $155-170m.

They did do a great job with the boots. The market is ripe right now for a quality gosling sculpt, Id love to see Jnix or Baloonman try it out

Is anybody else but me frustrated to see pre-orders for figures like this pop up on eBay with endless waits for release? And it seems to be operated from clone companies all originating from the same single sources in China and Hong Kong. These days they even make it hard to spot in the listing that it’s only a pre-order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's a soporific blockbuster at times - Blade Walker perhaps.:lol Some of it didn't work - the holo-girl was a strange element, and it was all a bit murky in terms of replicants being way more "mixed in" to society than in BR - but they captured the whole vibe of BR really well.

Enjoyed it a lot, but how people thought it was going to be the must-see movie of the season or would have appeal to people under 25 is beyond me. And while the visuals were striking at times, I struggled to see why it cost $155-170m.

Yeah it's a very good movie with a lot of amazing scenes and moments, but the story drags on a lot longer than it needs to, and the visuals and score still don't come close to the level of the original in my book.

Not to mention that Harrison Ford is just a whole lot more compelling to watch on screen than Ryan Gosling. ;)

Hard to beat the $100 price tag. I'm betting with some work this set could shine.

Yeah it's a very good movie with a lot of amazing scenes and moments, but the story drags on a lot longer than it needs to, and the visuals and score still don't come close to the level of the original in my book.

Not to mention that Harrison Ford is just a whole lot more compelling to watch on screen than Ryan Gosling. ;)

I'm not gonna lie, that I've tried to like Ryan Gosling, tried to embrace him, think he's talented or a good actor or charismatic or anything at all.. and I can't quite understand the appeal.

But I liked him in this movie in the same way why I liked Keanu in the Matrix... you don't like the actor as much as the fact it's an amazing film and a well casted role given the character who's supposed to be a little lost in general ;)

Caved and preordered, loved the movie too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back