Black Widow (July 9, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Black Widow Movie

Just love we got Red Guardian in full costume (even if it’s an outa shape one). Just hope we get a fig out of it. I don’t see a shield anywhere (original didn’t have one in comics either, only later versions), but that can be fixed with a custom one later.
27FBDCA3-DD01-42A4-BB56-DED464DFC176.jpeg

May be I missed it, but do they ever explain why MCU Black Widow has no accent?

IMO you'd be a *&&^% spy living in the U.S. and not sounding like u came from there. At least, when I was at Spy Museum in DC there was stuff
about best spies don't stick out in any way - they look and sound dull. No-one you'd pay attention to.

Like top newscasters adopt the "Mid Atlantic" U.S. accent 'coz it sounds like nothing in particular.

The first mcu movie where all the characters are under one roof and under marvel (xmen ff and spiderman) finally the universe ain?t broken again.

Yes I know the first two aren?t introduced yet but they will be soon

Black Widow Movie

I don?t quite understand Marvels infatuation with getting the CM movie out before EG instead of BW I mean was CM really that integral to IW-EG I mean really really integral because if not then wasn?t BW worth exploring more for a greater impact on her death.

I mean Scarjo does have boobs and a love canal just like the grossly misinformed cinema historian Larson therefore BW would?ve still been a female power standalone movie, no.

My only guess is scheduling conflict because Scarjo was crazy busy with back to back Avengers movies.

That is unless this BW has a story reason why it needed to come out after EG.

But to me a missed opportunity to have this be a nice companion piece to TWS or CW although that could still turn out to be the case.

Instead we got goose the cat lol

I don?t know lets see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I don?t quite understand Marvels infatuation with getting the CM movie out before EG instead of BW I mean was CM really that integral to IW-EG I mean really really integral because if not then wasn?t BW worth exploring more for a greater impact on her death.

I mean Scarjo does have boobs and a love canal just like the grossly misinformed cinema historian Larson therefore BW would?ve still been a female power standalone movie, no.

My only guess is scheduling conflict because Scarjo was crazy busy with back to back Avengers movies.

But to me a missed opportunity to have this be a nice companion piece to TWS or CW although that could still turn out to be the case.

I don?t know lets see.

"Love Canal" That would make a great show like the love boat.

I don?t know lets see.

It must be having some grander knock-on role in phase 4. It otherwise makes no sense to have a movie set during phase 3 coming out during phase 4 while only relating back to phase 3 - and based around a now-dead character.

Black Widow Movie

It must be having some grander knock-on role in phase 4. It otherwise makes no sense to have a movie set during phase 3 coming out during phase 4 while only relating back to phase 3 - and based around a now-dead character.

Not once did she bring up Taskmaster and Ross in Phase 3 you think in passing something that crazy would?ve been mentioned lol

It's gonna be hard for me to go all in on some these solo movies moving forward. Seeing a big screen adaption of the Infinity Gauntlet story line was a dream come true, but going to some of the solo movies of secondary characters (Ant Man, Doc Strange...) was only to see how it was going to tie into the big picture - especially the end credit scenes.
Now that IW/EG is done, I just don't have the same anticipation - not to mention just being a bit burned out. It's kind of like when Halloween ends and you have all this build up to Christmas and then it's December 26th and you walk into a store or mall and it's nothing but Valentine's Day decorations.:lol

Yeah this movie really feels like a soft reboot to me. If this was a prequel about "Budapest" or something actually referenced in the Infinity Saga that'd be one thing but the teaser makes this seem like a completely unrelated backstory that is just appearing out of thin air, despite repeating the AOU flashbacks.

As such I don't see myself retroactively allowing this into the IS "canon."

I don?t know lets see.

IMO it's Disney taking the long view - which is one of my most bitter complaints about IW e.g. such a heavy dose of Spiderman and DS, along with making sure there was a tie-in to CM - was a way to safely introduce, and get the audience used to, characters that would be less risk to do solo movies for in the future. The audience in theory was already hooked. E.g., the new leaders of the MCU.

IMO Disney is spreading the risk tho at this point - there'll be riskier things like Eternals, and safer stuff like DS who just happens to tie into Thor, Spiderman, and SW (thanks to the TV series). They keep the dollars rolling either way: Disney is used to a big cash flow now. It's not like the introduction of Captain America and Thor - even after IM, the audiences could've turned up their noses.

No point in wasting time on BW back when if she wasn't going to be part of the new regime. But then turns out there's a market along with the TV series $$$ Disney is probably breaking out the champagne already with the success of Mando, there'll be folks like me already signed up for Disney+. Disney gets to be woke.:bunnydanc

Only question is what happens to CM with no buffer of event movies. Dunno if she took the way Disney was hoping.

Yeah this movie really feels like a soft reboot to me. If this was a prequel about "Budapest" or something actually referenced in the Infinity Saga that'd be one thing but the teaser makes this seem like a completely unrelated backstory that is just appearing out of thin air, despite repeating the AOU flashbacks.

As such I don't see myself retroactively allowing this into the IS "canon."

Agree. Didn't check is Renner in this? Suspect that *maybe* it's another try at a female kick-ass film AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT especially since this isn't just sucking the blue milk of superior classic movies like Terminator.

Unfortunately looks like I don't get to see WS shoot BW and the engineer going over the cliff or Hawkeye NOT taking the shot to get rid of her. Stuff I'd like to see.:crying

But re the trailer, some Red Room training anyway.:clap

Back