Black Series FX Lightsabers - who is going to carry those?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious to know on the these force fx sabers, do the lights last over time?

Leaving them on shelves un-lit, will they suddenly not light up later? Anyone experience such?

I still have my original Vader Force FX from 2003(?) and with new batteries, they still shine bright and work perfectly.

I think that over years and years they will eventually wear out, get little "unlit" sections in them. I've had my Luke ROTJ for a few years now and It lights up just fine. They won't wear out anytime soon anyway.

I too have some of the original Master Replicas Sabers, and they all light up just as bright as when I got them.

Does anyone else with the older Vader have a problem with the grips feeling sticky? The grips on my Anakin and Vader started to feel that way and I've tries cleaning them, but the problem persists.

I just yesterday picked up a Black Series Luke Skywalker Saber from Things From Another World at Universal Citywalk. And I also jumped on a couple of online pre-orders at BBTS and Entertainment Earth, so I have another Luke, a Vader, and a Yoda coming! :yess:

It's a thing of beauty...

https://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v247/illJedi26/video_24610067090_zpsmdpshacr.mp4

The guy at TFAW also told me that Wave 2 is coming soon, and that it would include an Obi-Wan Saber (not sure which), and a couple of others! :lightsabe

Last edited:
Nice Saber! :wink1:

Got my Kylo FX last week (already have the non-removable blade Maul and had the Vader long time ago),
and this saber is simply a beast! :rock

Love the massive hilt and all the little details and weathering and the new/advanced motion sounds and flickering blade
are simply stunning and this is my favorite FX by far! :lsvader

Curious about what sabers will be in wave 2, as the first wave had 4 sabers (Vader, Kylo, Yoda and ESB Luke) in this wave?

With Obi-Wan we have likely 3 free slots, i think a Maul and surely a ROTJ Luke would make sense, as these are very popular,
and i hope for a re-release of Windu`s purple saber, and a new Dooku or Ventress would also be cool ,as the aftermarket prices
for these are nuts... :thud:

I just yesterday picked up a Black Series Luke Skywalker Saber from Things From Another World at Universal Citywalk. And I also jumped on a couple of online pre-orders at BBTS and Entertainment Earth, so I have another Luke, a Vader, and a Yoda coming! :yess:

It's a thing of beauty...

https://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v247/illJedi26/video_24610067090_zpsmdpshacr.mp4

The guy at TFAW also told me that Wave 2 is coming soon, and that it would include an Obi-Wan Saber (not sure which), and a couple of others! :lightsabe

:rock

We are in bad need of a Master Replicas type company to step up. C'mon Disney make it happen.

Yes my MR Vader does have sticky grips too Ill Jedi, tried wiping them but no luck. I may have to check home depot for some rubber cleaner or such.

Yes my MR Vader does have sticky grips too Ill Jedi, tried wiping them but no luck. I may have to check home depot for some rubber cleaner or such.

I have the same issue. Letmeknow what you get and if it works? I'll follow suit.

As for the black series lightsabers, I ended up pre-ordering the set of 3 but I don't want the Yoda one. Will his version sell on the eBay being the least favorite of the set?

dw316 if you decide to sell the Yoda, I see no problem with you making your money back on it. I never saw the MR Yoda Saber go to far above $200 on ebay when it was popular. I'll post here if I find something to clean-up my Vader's sticky grips.

Can anyone who has the Force FX Kylo Ren lightsaber, tell me how wide the cross guard is from tip to tip?

I have my collection displayed on the wall vertically, and want to make sure it'll fit alongside these if I were to replace one of them with it

Thanks

image.jpg

Any chance of a second wave of these being announced at Toy Fair?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Someone cancelled on BBTS too and I picked it up! I just hope Vader's comes back as well, then I can cancel my 3-set. As much as I want a green lightsaber, I want Luke's ROTJ version.

Someone cancelled on BBTS too and I picked it up! I just hope Vader's comes back as well, then I can cancel my 3-set. As much as I want a green lightsaber, I want Luke's ROTJ version.

How do you even pick up someone's cancellation? Is it just luck of seeing it on the order page and ordering it there?

I'd like to see an all new Qui-Gon Jinn green lightsaber and a rerelease of the Darth Maul and Obi-Wan lightsaber. I didn't pick those up in the day because I only collected Original Trilogy stuff, but I'd buy those if they were rereleased.

Also, if anyone is interested, Toys R Us is having a "buy one get one 50% off" sale on all Star Wars role playing gear. That included a FX black series lightsabers. You could get one for $149 and a second for $75. Pretty great deal in my opinion. Also, all the Toys R Us stores around here got a new case of lightsabers, x1 Vader, x1 Luke, and x1 Yoda. Seems to be one case per store.

Back