Black Panther Wakanda Forever - November 11, 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see Luis from Antman can fly now. :lol
That's ^ raycist, there can be more than one latino in the Marvel C U.
Clearly it's Luis who secretly borrowed the Ant-Van / quantum time-tunnel and went back in time and hooked up with an Atlantean princess. Hence Namor was born. Can't wait to hear him tell that story. :wink1:
giphy.gif

tumblr_nrrwovVS6q1qzco77o1_500.gif

Last edited:
I could be a 5’3” bald, grotesque perversion of humanity (I mean, chances are I am just that, who knows…), and it still wouldn’t make anything else invalid. I’m not the one getting paid hundreds of thousands to play the demigod king of the seas. I consooooom trite and superficial entertainment such as capeflicks to see handsome people look like the characters I know and do cool things. If I’m paying 300$ for a doll, I don’t want Bill from the supermarket or Jill from accounting on my shelf.

I’m tired of giving a pass to everything and I don’t get why people do. They’re capeflicks, aesthetics are all they have. Why are we treating people who act for a living as deserving special handling? Go and get ripped you lazy ****, that’s the least you can do. I badmouth Clown Kang constantly, but Majors actually bulked up, and he’s wearing armour, while also being 6’1”. Manletmor is embarassing.

Yeah, Namor should be fuckable. Emma Frost and all the X-Women too. These are super-heroes, not blokes from the down the street. I’ll die on this hill, period.
:lol Well Ok, yeah the man worked out, but to me Namor still looks like a Dad.😁

We're not talking Jason Mamoa here, tho I've seen pics when HE hasn't worked out, and we're talking soft. Maybe then these actors can finally hang up their careers they breathe a sigh of relief, have Door Dash drop off some fettucine Alfredo to chow on while they count their money.

For me they should've just recast T'challa or brought in the charismatic Killmonger back from the dead, semi-reformed. This looks so she-MCU and I didn't care for Shuri anyway. Don't think Wright has the presence to carry the lead. Whatever, it'll be on streaming eventually anyway. If the reviews are off the charts - and I don't mean the fawning fake critic reviews, and Twitter sobbing, but thoughtful fan commentary I can show up later.

Last edited:
I could be a 5’3” bald, grotesque perversion of humanity (I mean, chances are I am just that, who knows…), and it still wouldn’t make anything else invalid. I’m not the one getting paid hundreds of thousands to play the demigod king of the seas. I consooooom trite and superficial entertainment such as capeflicks to see handsome people look like the characters I know and do cool things. If I’m paying 300$ for a doll, I don’t want Bill from the supermarket or Jill from accounting on my shelf.

I’m tired of giving a pass to everything and I don’t get why people do. They’re capeflicks, aesthetics are all they have. Why are we treating people who act for a living as deserving special handling? Go and get ripped you lazy ****, that’s the least you can do. I badmouth Clown Kang constantly, but Majors actually bulked up, and he’s wearing armour, while also being 6’1”. Manletmor is embarassing.

Yeah, Namor should be fuckable. Emma Frost and all the X-Women too. These are super-heroes, not blokes from the down the street. I’ll die on this hill, period.

Something something you can accept space jewellery but not that something something. It’s ridiculous because they made it ridiculous, but what can you do.

great-balls-of-fire.gif

Depends on if they show the actor too.
Yeah but you know you can criticise without resorting to cheap personal insults towards the actor :lol.

If Marvel wanted him super jacked he would be, I highly doubt it’s on him. I’ll reserve judgement for when I see what his performance in the movie is like.

He looks fit and in shape to me anyway. Being strong doesn’t always equal looking like a roided out monster, especially when you’re naturally superhuman. He’d look even more ridiculous like that given his puny little ankle wings already make the character look like a joke.

The make or break for this movie isn’t wether or not I could grate cheese on some guys abs.

Being strong doesn’t always equal looking like a roided out monster, especially when you’re naturally superhuman. He’d look even more ridiculous like that given his puny little ankle wings already make the character look like a joke.
namor-wings2.gif
:lol

They could’ve at least slicked his hair back he is latino afterall and they even failed at that! :slap

Ricky Ricardo had sexier Namor hair lol

I hate that green **** in his nose. It looks like a mega giant booger.

I know I've just committed a hate crime on whatever cultures find septum piercings to be a sacred part of their heritage. I just think it looks stupid in this context, and I would imagine if someone really DID feel a cultural attachment to such a thing, seeing it on this dippy movie character would be insulting.

Personally so far I'm not all that keen, but I've not seen his performance yet. Strong acting and a charismatic presence would go a long way with selling the character to me.

Short of giving him the blatant silhouettes of the devil and full wings of an angel, he subdued it. Everrett developed Namor as a counterpart to the then robot Human Torch.
Where the Torch was designed in a lab, calculating mechanical and fire fueled.
Namor was a chaotic primal spirit of nature, channeling the other elements water, air and land.

Which also lead to comics first major xover, spanning a two-issue battle between the Torch and Namor, in Marvel Mystery Comics #8–9
Each telling the same story from the two characters' different perspectives.

Last edited:
Yeah but you know you can criticise without resorting to cheap personal insults towards the actor :lol.

If Marvel wanted him super jacked he would be, I highly doubt it’s on him. I’ll reserve judgement for when I see what his performance in the movie is like.

He looks fit and in shape to me anyway. Being strong doesn’t always equal looking like a roided out monster, especially when you’re naturally superhuman. He’d look even more ridiculous like that given his puny little ankle wings already make the character look like a joke.

The make or break for this movie isn’t wether or not I could grate cheese on some guys abs.
Eh, I’m not insulting him as a person, I’m criticising his appearance. I’m superficial, not a monster, dammit!

He’s “in shape” for a person down the street. And that’s just not superhero shape which is the point. Yeah, it’s fantasy, he’s a mutant, he could have whatever power level and be a skinny twig or a barrel. But come on, aesthetics matter.

The ankle wings should’ve been dropped. It worked for 616 Namor and his connection to Hermes/Mercury, but with the cultural swap it doesn’t fit and looks ridiculous without really adding anything. For my money, if they wanted to make him more aquatic they should’ve added some stuff like gills or maybe “wings” like some flying fish have.

And abs are a very important part of Namor. I don’t need the Doctor to have washboard abs, but Namor needs them.

:lol Well Ok, yeah the man worked out, but to me Namor still looks like a Dad.😁

We're not talking Jason Mamoa here, tho I've seen pics when HE hasn't worked out, and we're talking soft. Maybe then these actors can finally hang up their careers they breathe a sigh of relief, have Door Dash drop off some fettucine Alfredo to chow on while they count their money.

For me they should've just recast T'challa or brought in the charismatic Killmonger back from the dead, semi-reformed. This looks so she-MCU and I didn't care for Shuri anyway. Don't think Wright has the presence to carry the lead. Whatever, it'll be on streaming eventually anyway. If the reviews are off the charts - and I don't mean the fawning fake critic reviews, and Twitter sobbing, but thoughtful fan commentary I can show up later.
MCU Namor, AKA Water-Themed White Tiger, just looks commonplace. More than anything, that’s the problem. Why the beard? Why the hair? That cut doesn’t fit with the IRL culture, or any mythical aspect. It’s just a modern short cut. Why not do the slicked back hair at least? When the rumours were first going around and I checked pics of the guy, his clean shaven look with the longer hair looked better. Had he worked out more, and they’d done the bling differently (drop the trunks and go with a tunic style look for starters), with say, longer hair like current Namor and a shave, it’d have been better.

Whatever, I’ll wait until AI gets better and I’ll make my own movies with 11/10 models and gratuitous sex scenes for good measure!

Back