Black Panther Wakanda Forever - November 11, 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh. Recasttchalla. Doesn’t seem so epic when it’s shuri who is the main character

It could still be Nakia no because Shuri I think would look even skinnier than that.

Also, the rumor is that they both can be doing it sharing the responsibility.
I suppose it's possible but I thought Lupita Nyong'o was a bit thicker than that, or at least she appeared to be when playing Nakia in the first movie. Another left field possibility is the new Aneka character, who as I recall was the Dora Milaje combat instructor. Or maybe Ayo? But then I'd rather those two don Midnight Angel armor like they did in the comics....which based on some costume reveals may actually happen. If so Riri Williams and Namor won't be the only folks flying around in this film. :yess:

Screenshot 2022-10-03 at 13-10-02 Midnight_Angel_Armor_from_Black_Panther_Vol_6_1_001.webp (WE...png

Screenshot 2022-10-03 at 13-04-28 Black Panther 2 First Look at Comic-Accurate Midnight Angels...png

Hey maybe trailer Black Panther won't even be in the movie, just like Infinity War trailer Hulk never showed up in Wakanda in the actual movie. I guy can dream lol.

Whoever is Black Panther I hope they don't forget about needing the heart shaped herb. No BP abilities without that. :lecture

I suppose it's possible but I thought Lupita Nyong'o was a bit thicker than that, or at least she appeared to be when playing Nakia in the first movie. Another left field possibility is the new Aneka character, who as I recall was the Dora Milaje combat instructor. Or maybe Ayo? But then I'd rather those two don Midnight Angel armor like they did in the comics....which based on some costume reveals may actually happen. If so Riri Williams and Namor won't be the only folks flying around in this film. :yess:

View attachment 601366

View attachment 601365

Hey maybe trailer Black Panther won't even be in the movie, just like Infinity War trailer Hulk never showed up in Wakanda in the actual movie. I guy can dream lol.

Whoever is Black Panther I hope they don't forget about needing the heart shaped herb. No BP abilities without that. :lecture
Yeah, a bit...

AZmRQ4VMQLGX4PxXFo0lQnDkBf26pF5XObzlwJ1KFfHdevI4szuG0LJEjHfL1x4GhFkeZg2VbKdXUXfOmslhuDEaJR0lww2i3nTC9g
c50a387a26a44bd752e1610c4f7be3d2--glowy-skin-dark-skin.jpg

I honestly don’t understand Marvel seriously when did the actor supersede the character?

Superman actors have died yet Superman the character continues, but the Black Panther actor dies and the character stops existing…WUT!

Had Robert Downey, Jr. died while making Iron Man 3 was there not going to be an Iron Man anymore?

Marvel you gone lost your marbles.

I’m still not joining the boycott though lol

I honestly don’t understand Marvel seriously when did the actor supersede the character?

Superman actors have died yet Superman the character continues, but the Black Panther actor dies and the character stops existing…WUT!

Had Robert Downey, Jr. died while making Iron Man 3 was there not going to be an Iron Man anymore?

Yeah I still don't get it. In trying to honor the memory of Boseman they did so by eliminating a job opportunity for another actor of color. Somehow I don't think that's what CB would have wanted.

It’s Shuri, Lego exists and always reveals things :lol.

But I stand by my point that this movie should never have been made. Either recast T’Challa or let the character slip into the background; mentioned but never seen again.

I think it could work if it turns out that Doom was ultimately responsible for T'Challa's death. That's one hell of a way to establish a new villain and immediately demonstrate his threat level. Comic fans need no introduction to Doom, but the basic movie-viewing public could use a lesson.

This is what I’m saying. Why the hell would they think it’s more respectful to kill the character off screen than to honor the actors wishes? If any of the other actors died they wouldn’t do this . They’d literally have someone else on standby. I think it’s completely silly that they choose this route and to write off the most popular black superhero.

And no shuri doesn’t count to me. Feels rushed and undeserved. But of course everyone is going crazy about it.

I’m so indifferent to this movie. It has the makings of an epic film but that one ingredient that could have made it epic is gone.

I think it could work if it turns out that Doom was ultimately responsible for T'Challa's death. That's one hell of a way to establish a new villain and immediately demonstrate his threat level. Comic fans need no introduction to Doom, but the basic movie-viewing public could use a lesson.
Killing a major character off screen never works.
You would make a great studio executive lol
Well Marvel is creatively bankrupt at this point. Content for the sake of content with no substance.

In 1986, all the trailers and previews for Transformers: The Movie SHOWED the fact that Optimus Prime died, and that Ultra Magnus became the new leader.

But what they didn't show was that was a misdirect, and Hot Rod actually becomes the REAL new leader at the end of the movie.

I think the creators of that blatant, unapologetic 90 minute toy advertisement actually had MORE respect for its audience than the creators of Black Panther do. If Shuri is running around in the costume, then Shuri is the new Black Panther. Pretty damn lame. They insisted on killing off T'Challa and that was the best they could come up with? Pathetic.

I hate Shuri and the actress who plays her. Trailer looks good other than her.

Eh, different strokes. I thought she was really cute in the first movie and when I've seen her in interviews and stuff she's very attractive.

Whatever, at this point I just want to see the rumoured Post-Credits scene with Doom, and I hope they already have an actor cast.

Why do they even need a big name actor? We never see Victor's real face. He's armored up 100% of the time. He could be completely CGI with some nameless stunt guy doing the thankless mo-cap grunt work. Seems to be working for Pedro Pascal on Mando...

As for his voice, this is Hollywood. He's supposed to be from some vaguely Eastern European country so they'll just get someone to do an insultingly thick bad Russian accent like everyone in Black Widow....or worse, just a Borat accent. Again, not sure a big name Hollywood actor would want to slum to that level. At least Thanos kinda looked like Josh Brolin...

Well Marvel is creatively bankrupt at this point. Content for the sake of content with no substance.
Quality is what slips through the cracks once in a while but even that seems to be diminishing now. Don’t worry I’m sure Black Panther IX will bring it all back with a CG Boseman.

Why do they even need a big name actor? We never see Victor's real face. He's armored up 100% of the time. He could be completely CGI with some nameless stunt guy doing the thankless mo-cap grunt work. Seems to be working for Pedro Pascal on Mando...

As for his voice, this is Hollywood. He's supposed to be from some vaguely Eastern European country so they'll just get someone to do an insultingly thick bad Russian accent like everyone in Black Widow....or worse, just a Borat accent. Again, not sure a big name Hollywood actor would want to slum to that level. At least Thanos kinda looked like Josh Brolin...
Doom's not Vader or the Mandalorian, he takes it off from time to time, especially when he's alone.

HW10c8.jpg

Even if it's shot in darkness so that you cannot see the actual damage, you need to have him remove the mask in privacy and see the intensity in the eyes. It's all about them for a character like Doom, if we're being honest. His mask has visible eyes, so you need an actor who is top tier so that he can emote with his eyes alone. When he loses it and throws a tantrum you can't have a faceless mask start screaming, you need to see the madness reflected.

2007-06-15_100718_doom.JPG

Then you need an actual actor for the flashbacks. It's no mystery what Doom looks like.

Fantastic%20Four%20278%20Doctor%20Doom%20face%20origin%20John%20Byrne.jpg

Most importantly, there's the inevitable point where he gets godlike powers and goes maskless. It's his M.O.

ab296eb4c1c215cacdf5e5934465fe99.png
EoCOGdbXEAE8UdZ.jpg:large

He spent about two years last time going around unmasked:

tumblr_inline_psv17kfLSR1rwbirt_1280.png

I honestly never got the "just stick a stuntman in the armour" argument. He's an entirely different animal. You absolutely need a proper person for the role, and not some 80 YO with a suave voice and then some wrestler under there. Again, Doom's not Vader. He's emotive and uses his arms to give emphasis all the time. You need someone to properly act, not stand there menacingly while a pre-recorded voiceover plays.

Also, he's Marvel's biggest villain, you can't hire a Clowny Z-Lister like with someone else...

You are the undisputed authority on all things Doom, so I defer to you.

Honestly, I never understood the appeal. In my 4+ decades of reading comics, I think I only read maybe three or four issues with Doom in them. I never cared for the FF and never read or collected any of their stuff, so the only actual issue I know off the top of my head that I had for sure with Doom was Iron Man # 250.

I hope you eventually get to see your vision of Victor Von Doom on the silver screen, but it's evident that Marvel has long since lost its mojo, so I don't know.

I know people are really excited about the FF and the X-Men coming in to "save" the MCU, but I just wonder why? FF already has two mediocre movies and one disaster and one from the 90s that only exists as a bootleg VHS tape. Audiences clearly never latched on to the group, so why would it be different now?

And X-Men was very successful, but I think they managed to drive that success right into the ground with all those crappy sequels and retreads.

Eh. You guys know me. I'm cynical.

I like Doom as a sixties comic book villain but not as a movie villain. I just don’t know how they could do it both modern cinematic and maintain the spirit of the comic book character. I guess some really smart screenwriters and directors could come up with something. Heck, I didn’t think in a million years they could do a convincing giant purple dude with some colourful jewellery.

The trailer got me interested enough. I actually did not like the first Black Panther that much mostly because of that end action arc of Wakandans fighting each other and how much of a rubber man BP looked in live action. Hopefully this is better.

I'm a bit skeptical on the introduction of Riri here. I am looking forward to that character but I hope introducing her here won't take away from whoever the new BP is.

Back