Black Mass (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's sooo miscast and his delivery is sooo OTT, I was laughing.
Then I saw Joel Edgerton... and laughed even harder!

Hell of a cast.
The blue eyes threw me at first, but by the end I was over it. Doesn't look bad. Although I did get a major "How am I funny?" vibe from the end.

Hunter S. Thompson. The older years. :lol

I'll see it. At least he's trying to act again. It sure looks better than his past, I dunno, 15? movies.

I love the new trailer. Glad to see the "old" JD is back.

Now, I gotta find a decent JD headsculpt to modify! :lol

Crazy Heart was fantastic, and I really liked Out of the Furnace, so, they've got me with the director, and that cast looks fantastic. Plus, Johnny Depp is playing someone who doesn't wear eye shadow and rouge. That's a big deal, you guys!:lol I'm in.

Not my thing, but I don't see where this looks bad at all. I think some people wouldn't like anything that he does now.

Not my thing, but I don't see where this looks bad at all. I think some people wouldn't like anything that he does now.
Very true. People forget that he's actually a great actor, he just plays so many goofy characters.

His performance from that trailer alone looks fantastic, I hope he does more serious films like this.

Very true. People forget that he's actually a great actor, he just plays so many goofy characters.

His performance from that trailer alone looks fantastic, I hope he does more serious films like this.

More because he said straight up that he was only going to make easy movies from now on, purely for paychecks so he could leave a ton of money for his daughter. It's respectable for him to admit it but you can't expect people to praise his movies if he's honestly not trying.

This doesn't seem to be the case here though, as I think that rep is now catching up with him with so many bombs in a row and he realizes he has to try once in a while to stay relevant now. Like I said, that's exactly why I actually want to see this.

Ridiculous conspiracy theory based on a comment he made how long ago?

I'm sure Depp went into Pirates 4, Transcendence, Into the Woods, Lone Ranger (he was very upset about the reception the movie got), Dark Shadows and the rest of the movies he's done in the past few years that pretty much had hype behind them were going to be crap films that he only did for the money. Most of the films on this list people were pretty excited for and just happened to suck.

Do I think this movie will be good? Probably not, but you can definitely see he's not just phoning in a performance based on that trailer. I also know he had a lot of difficulty getting this movie made, and it probably only got made because of him.

I'll probably still see it but this is bugging me

depp.jpg

depp emperor.jpg

I'm not even a Depp fan, but obviously his resume recently while not good, doesn't really prove his intentions are only to make quick buck. I doubt he even remembers making that statement :lol

More because he said straight up that he was only going to make easy movies from now on, purely for paychecks so he could leave a ton of money for his daughter. It's respectable for him to admit it but you can't expect people to praise his movies if he's honestly not trying.

This doesn't seem to be the case here though, as I think that rep is now catching up with him with so many bombs in a row and he realizes he has to try once in a while to stay relevant now. Like I said, that's exactly why I actually want to see this.
I see plenty of people hating on him just for the characters he plays, and I doubt they all know about this comment he made.

I think a lot of his recent films (past 5-10 years) have been sub-par, and I don't expect or want people to praise him for them, I just want to point out that regardless of the quality of his films and the crazy quirkiness of his characters, he is still a really good actor, who can nail serious roles.

Back