Statue Black Cat Polystone statue by J. Scott Campbell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I met J Scott Campbell at NY Comic Con and I asked him about the Black Cat Sideshow statue. He said the actual statue is based on the pose of her sitting on the ball of yarn. The exact image is in his sketch book vol 3. I should have taken a look at the book but I didn't get a chance

From JSC Instagram... looks like plans

image_zps4c9bd2da.jpg

This is the image from the book he mentioned. The said it wasn't bottom left but it was based off of that. So my guess is the one of her on all 4.

It is the one with the ball of yarn and have the comic book variant cover that matches it to be displayed with it

The pose was established when this thing was announced 7-8+ odd months ago

I wonder if she'll be posing on a building or a ledge of some sort- same idea as Spidey but not as high... need to do something to jack her up a few inches

I wonder if she'll be posing on a building or a ledge of some sort- same idea as Spidey but not as high... need to do something to jack her up a few inches

I hope she's taller than MJ. I dont mind the height as long as price is cheaper. I can understand the prices between Mj to Gwen to Spidey. So she better not be as tall as MJ and go for about 320.

I hope she's taller than MJ. I dont mind the height as long as price is cheaper. I can understand the prices between Mj to Gwen to Spidey. So she better not be as tall as MJ and go for about 320.

Agreed and agreed. MJ does look out of place and IF BC is smaller somehow, the price should reflect it.

I've actually got no problem with MJ, of the three I still can't pick a fav. Lots of people want a complete set, so I can't see SS releasing something smaller and cheaper with so many people already committed to buying.

I've actually got no problem with MJ, of the three I still can't pick a fav. Lots of people want a complete set, so I can't see SS releasing something smaller and cheaper with so many people already committed to buying.

I meant it more like if she is 14' I would expect like a 260 price. Not more than that because thats the price of Gwen.

I will still buy but I will seriously be disappointed with SS and stop collecting through them; if it gets higher in price. XM is killing it and I would instantly sell these for an XM set of Black Cat, Gwen, and MJ.

I meant it more like if she is 14' I would expect like a 260 price. Not more than that because thats the price of Gwen.

I will still buy but I will seriously be disappointed with SS and stop collecting through them; if it gets higher in price. XM is killing it and I would instantly sell these for an XM set of Black Cat, Gwen, and MJ.

Man, that would be awesome if XM already made Gwen, MJ and Black Cat!

lol, I dunno man... the main reason I got these was I couldn't say no to the JSC design- Mary Jane was ripped right off that cover :drool

Back