Statue Black Cat Polystone statue by J. Scott Campbell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll be interesting to see if she's on any sort of raised base. If not, she'll probably be half the height of Mary Jane.

Was hoping for this reveal. I expected the crawling pose but I think this design will be great too.

Yup, this pose will suit me just fine! Will definitely get her to add to Gwen, MJ and Spidey.

And I agree ...about damn time!!

I thought it was too similar to MJ at first but it makes sense, and should look cool, once you see the art print.
Floor level with knee up, also black with white hair, should make it look very different and a cool quartet.

Looks super close to MJ. But I don't really mind. I just want to see an actual base. I hope she's between Gwen and MJ height. Don't want her to be ****ing short as hell with a 300 price tag.

Cant believe it took a year!

Well the background image looks like a building, so it's possible she is hanging on the edge of a building, that way it can fit with Spidey, as well as her looks lock her in with the other two. I can see some height added, don't think she'll be messing with the spidey yarn ball; we might get something else to have spidey on her like MJ has the shirt, and Gwen the umbrella.

I like the Spidey yarn ball in the illustration. It reminds me of how she would "toy" with him in the comics :naughty. I hope they keep it in the final design. Maybe add some stolen loot around her too.

Yes, can't wait.
I agree with a few people on the height, it can be close to MJ or smaller.

I might be wrong but didn't someone say Black Cat would have an EX?

Like others have been saying, very similar to MJ. Almost too similar with the pose.

I'm a little disappointed they did not go with the original crawling concept. But maybe that was too logistically hard to produce.

I'm still getting this though to complete the Campbell set. Campbell is one my favorite artists, up there with Jim Lee.

Yes, can't wait.
I agree with a few people on the height, it can be close to MJ or smaller.

I might be wrong but didn't someone say Black Cat would have an EX?

I don't recall but hopefully at least least an art print. Actually I'm hoping there's not exclusive so that i can avoid ordering direct from Sideshow with their higher shipping cost and sales tax. I would probably save $40 by ordering from another distributor.

What's the estimated limited edition run on this Black Cat statue?

Sideshow probably overestimated the market with the first Campbell statue by producing 6,000 MJ's, which I loved and is my favorite BTW.

They seem to have adjusted with the subsequent two statues and made less.

Attachments

• drevil.jpg
    drevil.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 199
Screenshot_2015-01-03-12-43-19-1.jpg

I really hope I'm reading this wrong but does this say that MJ Is Black cat? Hope they don't use the same sculpt and modify it .....

Back