Statue Black Cat Polystone statue by J. Scott Campbell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe brings an alternative hand teaching the nails, sketch by J. Scott Campbell

campbellbcpurple.jpg

sWQuZgm.png

Last edited:
I am so insanely happy about this! This is the statue that I have been wanting for a long time and I was so bummed she wasn't announced with the original three. So happy they are making her! :D

I think some designs just don't translate well. And I think it was a 'bunch of little things' that just missed the mark with that Emma (specifically, the face.)

That piece created quite the uproar. :lol

Love black cat and the concept looks great, but the pose they chose looks more like a stripper in a blackcat outfit. I all for a good amount of T&A but would have preferred a more of an action style pose..Oh well hope the production piece bl9ws me away.

The face was painted poorly on Emma, I did a few touch ups and looks much better, the sculpt was there the painting made it look like bride of chucky

Love black cat and the concept looks great, but the pose they chose looks more like a stripper in a blackcat outfit. I all for a good amount of T&A but would have preferred a more of an action style pose..Oh well hope the production piece bl9ws me away.

Yeah i agree. That pose is very Black Cat and i'll buy it no matter what but would be a little embarrassed if my parents saw it :lol

Yeah i agree. That pose is very Black Cat and i'll buy it no matter what but would be a little embarrassed if my parents saw it :lol

Looks like that's not going to be the art this statue is gonna be based on. This is what SSC's Dave Igo said about it over on SF.

Just because sketches are shown never means it's official. Not saying we announce everything before we show a sculpt either, but yah, Black Cat was always considered but never official.

Had a good talk with JSC on the phone on Friday and he's going to be doing some new sketches for her since that one was old, see if we can give it a fresh take. No matter what it's going to be awesome.

Good call on the mask / no mask swap-out. Gonna consider that.

Glad you guys are stoked, regardless of how obvious it might've been.

We have plans for more JSC after this, might be Marvel, might be something else, but it'd be 1:5 scale to go with this line regardless. So expect more JSC in the future after Black Cat ;)

JSC + Schu' = Above Average Nerd Glory...

Apparently this piece is gonna take a long while.

Super excited for this. Preordered Gwen and Mary Jane, my first statues ever!

Does any one know which other female characters he drew for marvel?

Back