Black/Blitz Friday 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once again I'll offer that if anyone is looking for something that they can't find in their area, I would be glad to hunt it down for you. I love the hunt, I just don't have anyone to hunt for anymore. :(

Once again I'll offer that if anyone is looking for something that they can't find in their area, I would be glad to hunt it down for you. I love the hunt, I just don't have anyone to hunt for anymore. :(

I will do the opposite...thats why Weenie is the ying to my yang! :)

That's awfully nice of you Ween, but I refuse to go to any store on Black Friday. Too many crazy people out there pushing and shoving. And then there's the ones that camped out for a couple nights that haven't showered in a couple days and smell like a dirty pair of underwear.

Guess we will see Weenie ! :)

You near a Fry's :pray:

Guess we will see Weenie ! :)

You near a Fry's :pray:

No, I wish I was!

A few years back they used to have a lot of giveaways and freebies and I used to hit them all. I ended up having a trunk load of stuff, half of which I didn't pay anything for. Most stores have quit doing that though. Actually, it's not nearly as fun as it used to be. People used to give me their want lists and I'd try as I might to get what they wanted. And I don't mind standing in lines. The one thing I hate is the parking lots. People be crazy!!!!

No, I wish I was!

A few years back they used to have a lot of giveaways and freebies and I used to hit them all. I ended up having a trunk load of stuff, half of which I didn't pay anything for. Most stores have quit doing that though. Actually, it's not nearly as fun as it used to be. People used to give me their want lists and I'd try as I might to get what they wanted. And I don't mind standing in lines. The one thing I hate is the parking lots. People be crazy!!!!

Most places in my area dont even have an good deals. Most of the time its discontinued items that they want to get out of the warehouse. I havent check the Black Friday Ads yet but I'm hoping they have something good.

And parking lots during BF are scary. People have been injured and killed.

I'm not really looking for any big-ticket items this year, so I think I'll just park my arse in front of my pc all day and take care of my shopping that way.

The last time I actively participated in hardcore black Friday shopping (about 2 years ago), I encountered some beligerant _______s. Not worth the stress. I get enough of that from family gatherings.

No, I wish I was!

Oh my bad. Sorry.

Well I may hit you up ! Just for fun :)

I'm not really looking for any big-ticket items this year, so I think I'll just park my arse in front of my pc all day and take care of my shopping that way.

The last time I actively participated in hardcore black Friday shopping (about 2 years ago), I encountered some beligerant _______s. Not worth the stress. I get enough of that from family gatherings.

That's what I did last year. I got better deals that way, than I did in-person. You can't go wrong with online shopping IMO.

I think for now, what I am looking for is this:

Crock pot/slow cooker
Deep fryer
digital coffee machine
Clothes
tv shows and movies on bluray
ps3 games

Does anyone know how Amazon's black friday goes? Do they tell us ahead of time what's going on sale? If so, where?

Does anyone know how Amazon's black friday goes? Do they tell us ahead of time what's going on sale? If so, where?

Last year, there were various things that went for sale at once. These things were all listed on the various Black Friday spoiler sites around the 'net.

Most of the action, however, takes place in timed "lighting deals" throughout the day. In fact, I think this went on for a week. The way it would work would be a whole list of "hints" about what is going to be put on sale would go up on Amazon's black Friday page, it would also list the time that the item would go on sale. Some of these deals are really good, and it pays to have a Prime subscription to take advantage of some of the super cheap deals.

Back