Bishop's Stuff!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bishop

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wanted to show off some of my things. Nothing too groundbreaking, but I hope you enjoy. I've been collecting marvel stuff for about 2 years. I started out with Bowen fullsized statues, and I one point I had about 20 of them. But when it came to Captain America, my fav character, I didn't like Bowen's offerings and splurged on a Cap PF from the bay. And so began the SS addiction. I've sold off all the Bowens in favor of PFs (except for one), and now I'm picking and choosing them as they come.

Cap is probably my favorite statue of the bunch. The initial scale of it blew my mind, but even though I'm now used to 1/4 statues, it still stands as one of Sideshow's best IMO.

Next one I got was the Thing. I'm in the camp that feels that this PF is massively underrated. I think it was a victim of crappy initial pics, ones that made the whole "red stripe" issue much worse than it actually is. Oh yeah, and the fact that SS made about twice as many as they should have. Stil, the instant SS announces another Fantastic Four PF, this guy will creep up in value.

Red Skull is up next. This is the first piece I ordered direct from SS, before I even got Cap from ebay. Even though I'm college age, I still love the old Lee/Kirby stuff, and the Skull was always my favorite villain. Gore group knocked this one outta the park...there's basically nothing bad you can say about it, aside from the fact that the character is more obscure. As you can see, I have him displayed with Cap in the top of a besta cabinet, with the "Death of Cap" daily bugle behind them. I've been trying to think of a better comic/print to place behind them. If any of you freaks have any ideas let me know.

Big daddy Thor, 2nd favorite PF. I bought a cheap lightning storm poster off of ebay, and put it behind him in the cabinet. It looks pretty sweet in person, not sure how it comes across in the pics.

And finally, Robocop PF. I was lucky enough to win one of these for a friend through the Mistress Giveaway contest. I liked it enough to get one of my own about a week ago. Now I'll admit, this one IS deserving of the criticisms it gets. Proportions are definitely off, but I'm able to look past it. The scale and overall quality of the piece make up for it IMO. Only thing that bugs me is that compared to my friend's PF, the one I bought has a reeeealllly loose elbow joint in one of the arms, which kinda screws up the posing. Overall though, I think it's worth the price I paid.

And aside from some action figures and some fossils, that's about it. The only things I currently have on order anywhere are the T-800 PF and the Diablo Overthrown statue. Aside from those guys, I'm basically waiting for the next must-have marvel PF to come down the line. Thanks for looking!

Nice work Bishop! I like the poster you put behind Thor. Really makes the PF come alive.

It may seem a strange comment to make, but I love the Essential Comics collection! I'd love to be a hermit for a month and do nothing but read those, eat, drink and sleep. No phone, no internet, no appointments.

Got a couple new things in the last few months....check em out!

Hellboy 2 PF Exclusive - The coat is much improved on this one, and the big baby gun is awesome

2ntzrs9.jpg

2lav4hc.jpg

160x9v6.jpg

Classic Iron Man Comiquette Regular - For some reason I didn't care for the Stark portrait on this one. This is one of those pieces that doesn't photograph well, but in person the colors are jaw dropping.

2igyb69.jpg

2cymhxj.jpg

qzni8o.jpg

211or4n.jpg

qys2td.jpg

w9d2l0.jpg

Master Replicas Hulk - I had been debating on which Hulk statue to get, and try as I might, I couldn't justify the price of the Hulk PF. As a second choice, I went with this dude. Not as iconic as green hulk, but hell, it was only $55. The drab color makes it look pretty bland, but this is an extremely detailed piece.

2yn5a44.jpg

2lwvgad.jpg

23ii5bk.jpg

wj82v9.jpg

Spider-Man 18 inch figure - I don't really collect straight up "toys", but I saw this at a flea market for $1, so I decided why not. I don't know who made this thing, but it has the most articulation I've ever seen on a figure. It's almost like one of those wooden dolls that artists use for posing human anatomy. It doesn't really fit in with the Sideshow Marvel stuff, but I dig it a lot.

2z587k1.jpg

2yv8ltl.jpg

152e4j9.jpg

1z5i0k0.jpg

Back