Birdman (Michael Keaton)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was almost like watching a live show where no one made any mistakes. I'm leaning toward wanting Keaton, Stone, and Norton to just sweep the acting categories for that alone. As you said, it's not just that they were great performances, but they were great under incredibly unforgiving conditions.

I know that would mean giving Stone an Oscar instead of Streep but she was freaking amazing.

That angry rant she gives against Riggan in particular was great. Her facial expressions go from venomous to sympathetic in seconds flat after she sees that she devastated and hurt her dad. Keaton also has that moment with the critic where he really shines. None of it seemed like "acting". It felt as natural and real as possible.

There are also nice quiet, subtle moments too like when Mike just tears into Riggan about how nobody cares about him and how Nee York is his city, then a second later that heavy mom belittles him when she's like, "can you take a picture for us?" without even saying thank you. Norton really sells that where you almost feel bad that Mike was just put in his place.

Has anyone seen this, yet? I thought it was awesome that they actually posted it on the Birdman Facebook page:

10959478_1565091477077063_1664926817949035183_n.jpg

I got around to seeing this movie a couple of nights ago. It was weird, as I expected, but good. Not great, but a good, interesting movie worthy of your time to watch. Norton and Keaton were great to see working together.

I got around to seeing this movie a couple of nights ago. It was weird, as I expected, but good. Not great, but a good, interesting movie worthy of your time to watch. Norton and Keaton were great to see working together.

I'll ask you the same thing DiFabio asked me right after I saw it. How do you interpret the last scene? What happened to him?

Wow man just....wow.

Anyway I picked up the blu-ray last night and watched the film a second time. Yeah, this movie's the real deal. I was a bit put off by it's tone and "depressing" ending when I saw it in the theater but I'm finding that this is just a movie I love to experience. I just like camping out with the cast in those halls behind the stage. Amazing performances, amazing script. Has a nice polish to it yet feels raw.

So I take it the film holds up on Blu ray in the living room?

I was thinking of getting the Blu ray, but didn't pull the trigger. It seems like one of those movies that you should only experience in theaters.

I was thinking of getting the Blu ray, but didn't pull the trigger. It seems like one of those movies that you should only experience in theaters.

Yeah, I saw it on the stands, but passed on it. Not sure why though. :D

Absolutely.

It's just such a chill "background" movie, not that I didn't pay attention or anything, but it was relaxing to soak it in in my living room. I have a decent sound system so the percussion throughout the film did a good job of taking me back to the theater as well.

No, Fox Searchlight just put that video up now since it won. :lol

They gave out that figurine to critics and press during the release of the film.

Birdman Speaks

image.jpg

image.jpg

I think it's a new post, it's new on FB & You Tube.

...and I'd kill for a 12" Birdman....with a swap out Riggan Thomson nose! :D

Back