Birdman (Michael Keaton)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Pittsburgh, his home town. He comes here often but he's NEVER gone to the Steel City Con. I suspect he'd avoid those places like the plague. :lol

Maybe if you were to catch him at a Pirates game at PNC park.

^ You always share these kick ass articles about cool stuff.

Thanks man, awesome read. MK seems so down to earth and relatively easy to approach.

I really hope Salt Lake Comic Con would bring him over.... Having both the DX09 and 08 boxes signed by the man himself would be a dream come true.

I live in Pittsburgh, his home town. He comes here often but he's NEVER gone to the Steel City Con. I suspect he'd avoid those places like the plague. :lol

Maybe if you were to catch him at a Pirates game at PNC park.

"Hey, man. Great game, huh? Wait a minute...I think I know you from somewhere. Whoa! You're Michael Keaton! It's a real honor, man, and a fellow Pirates fan, eh? That's fantastic. Hey, would there be any way you could sign this giant Batman box that I just happened to randomly find over there by that trash can for my kid? That'd be great, man; thanks so much. Also, I don't know if you still keep in touch with Jack or not, but if you could have him sign this other giant Joker box that I found over by that other trash can and have it shipped to this address, that'd be awesome. You were great in Johnny Dangerously! Really nice to meet you!"

Also, I found out yesterday that my local theater is finally getting this in this coming week, and I am ecstatic. I really can't wait to see this one.

Also, I found out yesterday that my local theater is finally getting this in this coming week, and I am ecstatic. I really can't wait to see this one.

You definitely should. He carries that film amazingly. Much like with Fabio's review, I didn't really think the man had it in him. Serious Oscar contender for best actor imo. But I think Boyhood takes best movie for sure.

And I was actually thinking on having him sign the 89 Batmobile box. He'd be like "wtf?" You wanna get nuts?

You definitely should. He carries that film amazingly. Much like with Fabio's review, I didn't really think the man had it in him. Serious Oscar contender for best actor imo. But I think Boyhood takes best movie for sure.

And I was actually thinking on having him sign the 89 Batmobile box. He'd be like "wtf?" You wanna get nuts?

Good luck dragging that thing through the stands.:lol I don't know. I'm curious as to how he feels about Batman. In some of the bonus materials on the anthology and the 20th anniversary Blu-Ray, he doesn't seem to be too enthused about it. I recall him saying some guy saw him in line and said "hey, wow, you're Batman," and, in the interview, Keaton proceeded to kind of roll his eyes with a "how original" response. I can see how it can get tiresome after a while; it's an extremely popular character, and an incredibly iconic interpretation, but he had such a varied career, and I can see how it could be frustrating to have that one thing seem like it stands over everything else.

In a lot of ways, though, it actually brought me towards other stuff from Keaton. Batman was an integral part of my childhood, and I loved Beetlejuice, and those sort of opened doors for me; it's where I learned that I really liked Keaton as an actor. He's just a really unique performer. Maybe I'm wrong, as I missed "Batmania 2.0" by a few years, but, even when Batman was coming out, he never really struck me as a superstar, if you will, and, especially in the years that followed. However, at the same time, there's a gravitas that puts him sort of above the level of a traditional character actor (even though a ton of his roles are pretty much in that category). Keaton's sort of the bridge between your Richard Jenkinses and your George Clooneys, if you will.

"Hey, man. Great game, huh? Wait a minute...I think I know you from somewhere. Whoa! You're Michael Keaton! It's a real honor, man, and a fellow Pirates fan, eh? That's fantastic. Hey, would there be any way you could sign this giant Batman box that I just happened to randomly find over there by that trash can for my kid? That'd be great, man; thanks so much. Also, I don't know if you still keep in touch with Jack or not, but if you could have him sign this other giant Joker box that I found over by that other trash can and have it shipped to this address, that'd be awesome. You were great in Johnny Dangerously! Really nice to meet you!"

I have a signed baseball from him from the old three rivers stadium before it got torn down. I wish it was a Batman item that was signed, but what are you going to do.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm ranting, and I'm probably repeating myself, but it's late, and I'm tired, but I had to exorcise the million thoughts I have about this film through writing. Iat was a beautiful, visceral, heartfelt, and heartbreaking film, and it's the best one I've seen all year. Keaton deserves an Oscar. Period.

Good, I'm hoping more people get a chance to see this. I was feeling a little lonely a few weeks ago in here.

I'll admit. I got a lump in my throat when Symphony No.2 in E Minor, Op 27 started, you know "cue music". I thought that was it for him. The film is kind of a downer, but also uplifting. Personally though, there's a certain moment on stage towards the end where I would have ended the film. Then again,

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, that moment would've been an opportune moment, but, in a way, it's almost like Iñárittu was rubbing it in, in a way. You do think that's the end of things, and then, for an extremely brief moment, you have some hope that "oh, maybe things can work out," even though you just know it won't, and it doesn't.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yup.

Spoiler Spoiler:

First time I saw the trailer I thought it looked super interesting and something weird and exciting to see. Looking forward to it when it's released on demand.

Keaton should win the Oscar for this. Seriously.

I'm assuming "Boyhood" will snag best movie just because of what it took to actually make it happen as flawless as it turned out.

Thinking about this movie again I'm amazed at how fluidly they employed the "one continuous shot" to convey the passing of several days. I don't know that I've ever seen a movie use it to such extended effect. I know that sometimes movies will use one shot to move away from an actor and show seasons passing or something and then come back to them in the same tracking shot when they are older and so forth but just the way this movie gave the impression that the camera would follow one actor, then piggyback on another actor, then go back to the first actor now on a different day with a full crowd in the audience, etc. Really impressive.

I know that the entire film isn't truly one unbroken shot but I did read that the majority of takes were 9-10 minutes long with one even pushing the 30 minute mark. Amazing.

I don't see how their performances were so flawless for 8-15 minutes at a time. I'd botch that up just thinking about maintaining that fluid kind of energy from scene to scene, especially when they're weaving in and out of character, performance within performance.

Back