Bioshock: Infinite

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started playing this game today on Steam and it looks incredible on PC! I do prefer creepy horror setting of the first Bioshock, but this one isn't so bad.

SOURCE - The Escapist

BIOSHOCK INFINITE: BURIAL AT SEA EPISODE 2 WILL TAKE 5-6 HOURS TO COMPLETE
Steven Bogos, 4 February 2014 3:36 am

Game director Ken Levine says that the new DLC will take 5-6 hours to complete, "for a completionist".

One of the biggest complains players had about BioShock Infinite's return-to-rapture DLC: Burial At Sea Episode One, was that it was over way too quickly. Veterans of the genre could blast through the game in a couple of hours, and even completionists struggled to make it last more than four. The good news, straight from the horse's mouth, is that Ken Levine, creative director at Irrational Games, says that Burial at Sea Episode Two will take "completionists" five to six hours to finish.

He neglected to comment on how long a regular playthrough would take your average gamer on "normal," but we're hopefully looking at at least three hours. Furthermore, for those of you anxiously awaiting an announcement of the DLC's release date, Levine said "My work on it is done. But can't give a date just yet, still more to do."

Levine has taken to answering even the most mundane of questions over Twitter recently, so if you have something to ask him about BioShock, now's your time! Among other interesting nuggets he revealed about the upcoming DLC was that it would change the way we looked at the original BioShock, and may even possibly return to Columbia.

While we still don't know the release date for Episode Two, a recent trailer suggests that we're not too far off. Ken Levine previously defending the short length of the DLC's first episode, stating that he wanted to create "a whole new experience" rather than a lengthy one.

Is five to six hours long enough for you? The short length was what put me off buying the first episode, as I figured it would be much more worthwhile to pick them both up together and play through them in one sitting. It's actually the way I handle most episodic games.

SOURCE - Irrational Games

BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode Two Available March 25th
by IG.J on February 5 2014

Beginning Tuesday, March 25th, 2014, BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode Two will be available for download. Please remember that downloads for your particular platform / region may not occur directly after midnight, so keep checking back for updated release timings. Don’t forget to pick up your BioShock Infinite Season Pass to get Clash in the Clouds and Burial at Sea at a significant discount.

BurialatSeaEpisode2_WEB-480x270.jpg

New York, NY – February 5, 2014 – 2K and Irrational Games announced today that BioShock® Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode Two*, the third add-on content pack for the award-winning BioShock Infinite, will be available for download worldwide on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC starting March 25.

BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode Two is built almost entirely from scratch by Irrational Games, the studio behind the original BioShock and BioShock Infinite. The narrative of this add-on content pack concludes the storyline of BioShock Infinite and Burial at Sea, as seen through the eyes of a new player character, Elizabeth, and features all-new stealth-oriented gameplay, as well as new weapons and modes.

“In Burial at Sea – Episode Two, we are delivering a story that involves nearly every major character from the original BioShock and BioShock Infinite,” said Ken Levine, creative director of Irrational Games. “It is a story that will give gamers a new perspective on the BioShock universe and conclude the story of BioShock Infinite and Burial at Sea.”

*BioShock Infinite is not included in this add-on content, but is required to play all of the included content.

SOURCE - Irrational Games“In Burial at Sea – Episode Two, we are delivering a story that involves nearly every major character from the original BioShock and BioShock Infinite,” said Ken Levine, creative director of Irrational Games. “It is a story that will give gamers a new perspective on the BioShock universe and conclude the story of BioShock Infinite and Burial at Sea.”[/I]

This seems pretty exciting to me.

Father Franklins up for p.o. at BBTS. Will be an easy pass as I can't for the life of me remember fighting anything but the Washingtons and Vox Lincolns. Oh and the Comstock Patriots at the end. Where were these guys in the game? Like what section?

Just started playing this the other day (Thankyou PSPlus!!)

Im loving it, but i gotta say. That first moment the town folk turn on you i thought it was uncharacteristically gory! it didn't suit the style they were going with imo, anyone else agree?

Also i take it this story is more or less totally separate from Bioshock 1 & 2. Im new to the series but from what i remember 1 is set underwater?

Also i take it this story is more or less totally separate from Bioshock 1 & 2. Im new to the series but from what i remember 1 is set underwater?

In all honesty, I would stop where you are in Infinite, to go play Bioshock 1, you can skip 2, but to get the full effect from Infinite, you need to play the Bioshock 1 first.

Anything else said would be spoiling it.

Just started playing this the other day (Thankyou PSPlus!!)

Im loving it, but i gotta say. That first moment the town folk turn on you i thought it was uncharacteristically gory! it didn't suit the style they were going with imo, anyone else agree?

Yea, you need to play Bioshock 1, but also listen to all the audio diaries you find etc. It's clear from the get go Columbia is not a paradise, you can hear Fink talking about brining in slave labor for Comstock to keep things running, Fitzroy's rebellion etc. Comstock himself will make alot more sense eventually too. His motives and the violence.

Father Franklins up for p.o. at BBTS. Will be an easy pass as I can't for the life of me remember fighting anything but the Washingtons and Vox Lincolns. Oh and the Comstock Patriots at the end. Where were these guys in the game? Like what section?

Franklin and Jefferson were just concepts. I would wager that the reason they went with Franklin was that it was easy to repaint the Washington version into Franklin. The Lincoln Patriot would need a new torso and arm sculpts.

Fingers crossed that the finished Booker proto shows up at Toy Fair. There was a painted sample in the background of one of their BTS pics on Twitter the other day.

But they are already doing a Lincoln Patriot. They showed a preview if I'm not mistaken. And yea I forgot about Booker completely, what I'd kill for is a Burial at Sea Elizabeth. I love her Rapture look.

That's true, I think they did show a pile of Patriot parts a while back and people figured out that Lincoln parts were mixed in too.

But, with NECA you never know if it will actually release. Hopefully, sales on Washington and Franklin are strong enough to get us to Lincoln. I don't know what kind of formulas they use to determine if something is worth it or not.

I hope they sell like a weapons/vigors pack with all the different vigors and extra weapons for Booker. Hell I want a Vigor replicas since they made the sky hook and eve hypo.

I hope they sell like a weapons/vigors pack with all the different vigors and extra weapons for Booker. Hell I want a Vigor replicas since they made the sky hook and eve hypo.

Definitely agree in the hopes that NECA offers some sort of accessory pack for Booker. I don't think they've ever done anything like that, but I can't help but be let down by the lack of accessories. I know NECA never packs in a bunch of extras, likely due to costing and whatnot, but considering all the options to pack in, just getting two is a downer.

I have a feeling there is little retail interest in Vigor replicas, which is why Irrational made their own high-end versions "in-house"

The only thing I've seen them do is a repack of all the skulls from the predator stuff but that was mainly to help Predator Wall sales.

So, er, what's with Booker's size?

Toy-Fair-2014-NECA-Video-Game-Toys-017.jpg

Is this a prototype that's gonna be downscaled, or are we getting him in a completely different scale to the rest of the line?

Back