BIG Fire at Universal Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the four SEX AND THE CITY hags set the fire intentionally after they saw the Saturday and Sunday box office estimates.

$55 mil made in three days on a $65 mil budget is bad? :confused:

(I'm not defending the movie, and I have no interest in it whatsoever, I'm just asking...)

I suppose it would be the only way that their performance would set tinseltown alight ? :lol

Sad to see some fantastic sets destroyed. I'm glad I had the chance to see these years ago .

$55 mil made in three days on a $65 mil budget is bad? :confused:

Of course not. But a 33% drop from Friday-to-Saturday on Opening Weekend is horrific, almost unheard of and indicates that it was more than front-loaded and likely won't have the legs to make it a huge mega-hit in the longrun.

Yeah, I can go with that actually.

The other three, though... good lord. Sarah Jessica Parker looks like she needs to be riding a broom.

My theory on SJP is that she is having the life sucked outta her by her husband because good god that man doesn't seem to age.

Bodie can't stop talking about ^^^^. P!tu can't stop being a whore. What are you gonna do?:lol:lol:lol

FatBurger.jpg

:rotfl What's up with the hating on Sex and the City? I figure we fellas have a plethora of great movies, we might as well let the ladies have one to be excited about. Although I guess they aren't enjoying it nearly as much as we are Indy.

This is crazy. I'm glad the films will be ok but sucks so much history was lost. I would think they would keep the films and all that at a totally different location so this couldn't happen especially since its done so once already.

BTTF set can be rebuilt. No biggie. The question is will they rebuild the Courthouse, I think they probably will. Most of these are just Set fronts, it is actually quite easy to rebuild them.

The Kong Exhibit had concrete walls so we'll have to see the extent of damage there, but again, it can be rebuilt. This was the Kong Theme Park ride btw.

A little piece of ironic, or should I say repeat History.

The original MGM Kong set was deliberately set on fire to film the "Gone with The Wind" Atlanta burning scene.

damn thats a shame. At least no one has been hurt and lets hope no one will be.
I've only been to the orlando universal studios and its amazing.
I would have loved to see some of this stuff. Hopefully they can restore most of whats been damaged.

I was this close to getting tickets for my vacation this week. Glad I didn't! Now I'll just cross my fingers and hope that Disneyland doesn't burn down in the next few days...

BTTF set can be rebuilt. No biggie. The question is will they rebuild the Courthouse, I think they probably will. Most of these are just Set fronts, it is actually quite easy to rebuild them.

The Kong Exhibit had concrete walls so we'll have to see the extent of damage there, but again, it can be rebuilt. This was the Kong Theme Park ride btw.

A little piece of ironic, or should I say repeat History.

The original MGM Kong set was deliberately set on fire to film the "Gone with The Wind" Atlanta burning scene.

That is some interesting info PJ. Thnx!

This just makes me mad! Why the heck does Universal have such bad fire problems? We lost London After Midnight because of one, and now the Kong ride. They'll probably remake it with Jackson's Kong now. Not that that is a bad thing though.

I have a idea for Universal! STOP MAKING BURNABLE SETS!!! YOU'LL SAVE MORE MONEY LATER WHEN THEY DON'T BURN!!!

So apparently, king kong/town square/cape cod are gone; which is sad, those were good attractions.

Again, easy to rebuild if Uni wants to. They'll have to rebuild 2 city blocks of Back lot street fronts as wellas the Clocktower, the Kong ride and the vault.

Just remember most of this stuff is pine wood fronts and plaster, etc.

I just saw that Fireman pulled out tons of Video and Film Cannisters from the vault as the fire was raging. Let's hope they saved most of them.

If the "Vertigo" Vista Vision 70mm restoration print was lost I'll be pissed!

Update from Nikki Finke (LA Weekly)

"I've learned that Universal Music, which is a completely separate company and owned by Vivendi (which owns 20% of NBC Universal), rents space in the huge video vault housed on the studio lot. But one source tells me that, as a consequence, inside the video vault that was billowing thick black smoke were 1000's of original Decca, MCA, ABC recording masters from the last century including a wide range of music from Bing Crosby and the Andrew Sisters to Judy Garland and The Carpenters. "This is a tremendous loss in music history. A very sad day indeed. It's too bad they saved the videos that they have backups on instead of the master recordings in which they do not, although they may not have had a choice since the fire had already engulfed much of the music side of the vault," a source just told me. Universal Studios can't confirm what has been damaged or destroyed music-wise at this point because it doesn't yet know what exactly was housed in the storage rented to Universal Music."

Last edited:
Back