BIG Fire at Universal Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He noted that the TV series Ghost Whisperer uses 8 different locations and 2 were damaged but that it wouldn't hamper the show.
Oh thank god.:lol:lol:lol

Dammit the BTTF set... wanted to visit that one when I went to California in 3 years. Maybe they will have it rebuild it at that time.

According to CNN...

The 2008 MTV Movie Awards, scheduled to be broadcast live from the park Sunday afternoon, will not be affected, an MTV representative said.

Who the hell cares about the MTV Movie Awards? I'd rather the MTV shat was burned to the ground than these historic sets and props. :(

I just saw this on the news...there is a HUGE fire sweeping through Universal Studios in LA, and it is apparantly destroying the film vault, among other buildings, such as stages etc...!!!!!

I am worried about the damage and the legacy of films!!!
Anyone out that way have any more news? This one sucks balls! Hope they get it out soon before much is destroyed.

I finally made it out there in Oct of 06, so at least I saw all this before this...but man.....worried!

Film vault is my # 1 Concern here. Don't know the damage assessment yet.

Has it spread beyond the BTTF Set, Kong stuff and vault?

Update: here's the good news...

Roughly 40,000 to 50,000 videos and reels were damaged in the vault, but there were duplicates stored in a different location, NBC Universal President and Chief Operating Officer Ron Meyer said.

"Nothing is lost forever," Meyer said.

Update: here's the good news...

Roughly 40,000 to 50,000 videos and reels were damaged in the vault, but there were duplicates stored in a different location, NBC Universal President and Chief Operating Officer Ron Meyer said.

"Nothing is lost forever," Meyer said.
Yeah it would make no sense whatsoever to keep all of the original films in one location. Good news indeed.

I am sad that so many beloved sets and the King Kong ride are destroyed, I have many fond memories of seeing them especially the Back to the Future set, I was in awe when I saw town square.

I am sad that so many beloved sets and the King Kong ride are destroyed, I have many fond memories of seeing them especially the Back to the Future set, I was in awe when I saw town square.

Yep. And it's been used a ton since then in so many movies, TV shows, etc. Even INDY IV had a scene shot on part of that square (the 50's diner fight scene).

This is crazy. I'm glad the films will be ok but sucks so much history was lost. I would think they would keep the films and all that at a totally different location so this couldn't happen especially since its done so once already.

I think the four SEX AND THE CITY hags set the fire intentionally after they saw the Saturday and Sunday box office estimates.

Back