Big Chief Thunderbirds & Captain Scarlet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still slated for Oct/Nov
I think these are all coming together now.
I think having all 5 Tracy bros together will be stunning.

Screenshot_20191018-084835_Chrome.jpg

I have toy in hand...bit of a disappointment...box smashed, big hole on the back (post fault not BC's)
Hat logo off center, and how the H, e, double hockey sticks are the epaulets supposed to light up - is there supposed to be a switch on the back?
The directions look like they instruct you to turn the battery, reinsert, and press on the back- mine has nothing to press, and turning the battery does nothing?!
Any insight/help, would be most appreciated.

I have toy in hand...bit of a disappointment...box smashed, big hole on the back (post fault not BC's)
Hat logo off center, and how the H, e, double hockey sticks are the epaulets supposed to light up - is there supposed to be a switch on the back?
The directions look like they instruct you to turn the battery, reinsert, and press on the back- mine has nothing to press, and turning the battery does nothing?!
Any insight/help, would be most appreciated.

I don't have mine yet but the button is suppose to be in the lower back, just above the belt

Found it...and it WORKS!
Thank YOU Grendel163 - you have made my week!!!
he is a bit of a pain to assemble (though not to bad), but I ADORE the Captain!
He doesn't even need that stand- he holds his poses quite well.
scarlett stance.jpg

one last question from me....(sorry),
does anyone have a clue as to what this small bit of nothing is?
WHATSIT.jpg
I found it under his hat hair piece, bagged,
small hole on one side only.
I'm sure like above, when I find out
I will be all :slap

That’s a good point. The Captain Scarlet figure has a really good base body. Feels more solid than the ones used on earlier BC figures.
Joints are good and tight allowing for great poses: but here’s the rub...
When you put Captain Scarlet into a terrific dynamic pose, he loses his sense of ‘reality’. It took me a couple of days to realize why. In the show, the character only ever stood upright - or sat in a chair. So the figure retains its screen likeness in less dramatic poses.
Of course, the action poses can replicate the awesome end credit artworks that are seriously dynamic .

And: that pice intrigued me as well. It must have a purpose.

That’s a good point. The Captain Scarlet figure has a really good base body. Feels more solid than the ones used on earlier BC figures.
Joints are good and tight allowing for great poses: but here’s the rub...
When you put Captain Scarlet into a terrific dynamic pose, he loses his sense of ‘reality’. It took me a couple of days to realize why. In the show, the character only ever stood upright - or sat in a chair. So the figure retains its screen likeness in less dramatic poses.
Of course, the action poses can replicate the awesome end credit artworks that are seriously dynamic .

And: that pice intrigued me as well. It must have a purpose.

Good to hear about the base body. The first 2 Tracy brothers were a bit loose (at least on mine) and floppy like a real puppet lol. Excited to finally get Captain Scarlet.

now that is the best answer yet... an extra that the manufacturer doesn’t know about !! Haha

I finally got around to checking out the flashy lighty uppy feature.
I find that i check these things out, then never use them again.
Anyway, it works very well.
https://fyu.se/v/y414hc4dul
I think in the v2 BCS should have the mic automatically drop when the lights are activated... hahaha!!

I just hope I don't get buyer's regret with Captain Scarlet. All in all he looks like a fine figure.

I know i have NO REGRETS whatsoever...after a bit of fidgeting here and there with the vest,
a bit of help from you with switch placement & (some box restoration due to a foul postal trip),
Scarlet has quickly become one of my fav figs!
Now bring on Black!!!

Just got the Captain in. No regrets
The only MODIFICATION I've done was to remove that foam backing and replaced it with a plastic ziploc baggie. I got the idea from one of the FB BCS fan groups. The tunic fits a lot better now.
The picture isn't mine.FB_IMG_1572318944763.jpg

Big Chief have previewed digital sculpts for Captain Blue and Black on Facebook. Exciting times!

Just saw them. Looking terrific.
It would be cool if Black came with his leather jacket.

Just discovered these by accident when a friend showed me a couple of Carlton figures he bought. Thinking they looked cool, I searched Thunderbirds 1/6 and discovered the Big Chief ones. I’m in awe! I just pre-ordered Parker from Sideshow. I wish I had discovered these earlier, before Scott and Virgil sold out!

Back