Big Chief Thunderbirds & Captain Scarlet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow says September.I'm just hoping before 2020.

Hopefully just reflects shipping time between UK and US, if Big Chief receive first before sending out.

I think getting out Scarlet and the Eighth Doctor is really key for Big Chief winning back people's confidence, and in turn, encouraging them to keep making pre-orders.

captain-scarlet-production-1.jpg

captain-scarlet-production-2.jpg

captain-scarlet-production-5.jpg

Nearly there. 3 days until production ends.

Remember, Captain Scarlet is indestructible - release dates are not. Haha!!
Hopefully this recent email is on the money.
This is my most eagerly awaited figure, ever!!

Production should be complete now. Just a case of assembly , packaging and despatch. Might arrive in time to celebrate my 51st birthday.

This has firmly moved into the territory of being pre-ordered for so long that when he finally arrives, he'll feel like you got him for free :lol:

Hopefully they'll have a Black or Blue prototype waiting in the wings if the reception is good for him. Hopefully they strike while the iron is hot.

I hope that it's money well spent and the wait is worth it. I am still waiting for the pre-order prints I was promised when I put my order in.

I would love both Blue and Black to go with Scarlet and maybe even Col White. A scaled Joe 90 would also go down quite well for this old collector.

just in from sideshow..."We wanted to let you know that the shipment of your Captain Scarlet Sixth Scale Figure item will be delayed. Based on the latest production information, we now expect your item to arrive into our warehouse in Sept - Nov 2019."

RATS!

too bad, I will not be preordering anything else from big chief ( i now have 5 items way overdo) -they need to get their act together:impatient:

just in from sideshow..."We wanted to let you know that the shipment of your Captain Scarlet Sixth Scale Figure item will be delayed. Based on the latest production information, we now expect your item to arrive into our warehouse in Sept - Nov 2019."

RATS!

too bad, I will not be preordering anything else from big chief ( i now have 5 items way overdo) -they need to get their act together:impatient:

Production finished last week. I’m fully expecting it to arrive in September.

Big Chief have posted a preview on their Facebook page... Captain Black is coming.

Scarlet is expected to arrive on UK shores on 26 September - hopefully they capitalise on customer goodwill and put him up for pre-order straight after!

I'm excited to see the finished Captain. I didn't pre-order because I'm not actually a fan of the show (never seen it) BUT I do like the general look of it. I don't really have the money to just throw at it. But I could be swayed.

Me, I just lost a day.
I was dealing with the order on my iPhone. Well, it said I had paid in full, but I knew there was postage to pay. But, no button to pay it!!
Tried again today. Same. Then I turned the iPhone around (horizontal) and the full width of the screen showed the button. Doh!!!
Then, PayPal was glitching (I only ever get with Big Chief). About 10 minutes of logging in and out, and my payment of.... ?12 was made!! Haha

Hoping to see this figure next week.

Got mine - he looks great! The box is a true work of art. His face looks fantastic in hand - it doesn?t seem to translate to photos very well, so I?m glad my initial trepidation from the first set of fan photos was misplaced.

Fitting the tunic is a bit of an ordeal and I had some challenges fastening it. There does seem to be a very quality control complaints with this and the zip, so hopefully just a few isolated exceptions and not another quality control debacle for Big Chief.

Overall - thrilled with my purchase and glad he was worth the wait. Just keen for Black to hurry up so that he has someone to be displayed with!

Glad to read that you like the Captain. Mine is in transit and expecting him later today.
It’s been a 2 year wait, so I’m pretty excited to have this in hand.

There has been quite a big backlash regarding quality control on this figure. Mainly due to glue stains, zips coming loose, Spectrum logo transfer being slightly off center and the poppers on the tunic not working.

It?s a shame given how it was delayed to avoid these issues. I also feel really bad for Big Chief given how long they spent developing him.

Happy that mine looks great, but equally I did have troubles with the tunic too, so can relate to some people?s disappointment.

I'm not seeing this backlash. Where is it happening? I went through all the posts on the BCS fan group I run and of the 8 people who posted about it so far, everyone was pleased overall. 2 people reported the off-center badge issue, and one person mentioned the tunic being a pain to put on and the studs being annoying. But, the fan group doesn't represent everyone. I'm just having a hard time finding any other chatter about it other than here.

Likewise. I was expecting to find a ton of complaints on Facebook after reading the post here. However, it was all very positive and encouraging.
1/6 poppers are usually a pain: if you’ve ever had to re pop the HT Dark Knight Joker’s vest!!!!!
Expected mine yesterday but it wasn’t delivered. Hopefully today.

Back