Big Chief Thunderbirds & Captain Scarlet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With Captains Black and Blue waiting in the wings for preorder.. that’s not a bad set of Anderson stuff to look forward to.
I’d imagine that Lady P had gone quite a ways into preproduction before being pulled from the launchpad program .

And the two captains: head sculpts are really all that’s required. Each costume is already designed and tooled up. Just different colors for jacket , boots and hats!! So hopefully they will be on a pretty quick turnaround !!

So glad that Penelope's coming out - it would not have been the same with just Parker. I'm sure people are going to complain about sculpted hair, but far more would have complained about rooted hair coming disheveled out of the box.

With the new Scarlet figures coming, my next must haves from this line are Jeff Tracy and Troy/Marina from Stingray. Make it happen, Big Chief!

I liked the title of the email that this image came in... ‘Captain Black Friday’
7AB01422-6466-495B-A93E-6A14F0A17805.jpeg
Not sure if a Spectrum Edition Scarlet will be different in any way to the first release. Personally, I’m hoping for the winter coat as an accessory.
In mean-time, the original still has pole position in my cabinet,
EA053C08-5A4A-4854-A251-344AF4347883.jpg

there is a small difference, the new releases will not have the light up epaulets or base like the original has.
It is supposed to make them a bit more affordable:huh

It might be time for me to upgrade :D

4237281579_c1c9108c8b_b.jpg

Years ago (when I was collecting 12" GIJoes) I found this old Pedigree Captain Scarlet without clothes at a Toy show in Pennsylvania for $5.
He had red marker on him which went away when I used Clearasil on him and put him in sunlight.
I then added a more modern outfit (which I believe was from Vivid Imaginations).

The BCS Captain Scarlet looks great other than the the boots which I am sure are a WIP. Great job BCS!

This looks pretty awesome.

I’ve just ordered Captains Black and Blue from Big Chief.
Both look fantastic.
The new Scarlet is the same as the first release, bar the flashing epaulettes and light up base.
Looks like they all come in a generic collection box, which is pretty cool. Must resist temptation to buy Scarlet again, just for the box!!

Ordered both Black and Blue. The lower price point is a really smart idea in these times and hopefully will permit them to continue to expand the line. Hopefully the simplified costume mechanics will also accelerate production time!

Got my dispatch notice from FedEx - if you ordered direct from Big Chief and are in the UK, you will likely be receiving your Tracy Brothers and Parker tomorrow!

These BC Thunderbirds Figures are brilliant. Resisted temptation to say FAB.
I nearly didn’t preorder the three brothers, but after I saw that they would be released alongside Parker (which I had preordered), I went for it, and I’m glad I did.
They make a FAB set ... couldn’t resist second time around.
CE6F9EF3-C802-4D0C-992D-2B0BDF800126.jpg

Meanwhile... Parker takes up a new position as chauffeur to Mr. Wayne while he waits for Lady Penelope to arrive...
E394702D-CA8A-4E17-8164-2E517A929996.jpg

Thank you, and a Merry Christmas to you. A fantastic set. I’ll post individual pics soon.
AC1C5880-43FA-4F3B-8263-894653499573.jpg
A quick group shot. I now need to arrange the top shelf a bit better.

I am of a certain age that I remember the original "Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons" and as a child I had 2 of the 3 vehicles and the odd scarlet toy (Anyone else remember Timpo? ) So I was pleased as punch when I heard Big Chief Studio's were doing Captain Scarlet figures and pre ordered my figure, cut a very long story short It finally arrived and needed fixing strait away as the Red Tunic poppers were mis aligned and he looked as if he had dressed in a hurry Here he is just after he was removed from packaging and being assembled.

Attachments

• DSCF3214.JPG
    DSCF3214.JPG
    262.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF3216.JPG
    DSCF3216.JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 0
  • hero.JPG
    hero.JPG
    311.4 KB · Views: 0
Back