Big Chief Thunderbirds & Captain Scarlet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah 1/6 poppers are always a bit of a nightmare. Just so long as they are secure enough that they don't come off, then it just takes a bit of patience, usually.

That there doesn't seem to be any paint complaints about this release bodes well. Knock on wood, but hopefully BCS has finally turned a corner on that particular issue.

After 2 years.... it’s here....
45F2C295-4353-4C61-875D-252C6C4CCB8B.jpeg

Let me know what you think DVD1! I'm really going back and forth on this guy. Seeing everyone's pics I'm leaning towards getting him. But there's just so much I want to get coming. lol.

I haven’t put him together yet. I did open the box at work. I could see nothing that displeased me
Now, I don’t know if I said it before, but as a 4 year old I ran around with the Captain Scarlet suit. I remember being aware of the Scarlet ‘action man’ from pedigree, but my dad couldn’t find one for me (why was there no ebay in the late 60s).
I have such high hopes for this one. I want it to be perfect.
Now, I have to say, the TBs figures are stunning. So, I have faith !!!
I have a plan to do a Captain Scarlet day tomorrow ....
I’ll put on my Blu-ray set, and during the episodes work on Scarlet .
I’ve already bought new pro plus cases for my signed cards.
52904A6D-17CA-46D4-B2DA-31E9B4987A81.jpeg

So, the stage is set. Looking forward to my Captain Scarlet day. However it pans out, thank you Big Chief.

I'm not seeing this backlash. Where is it happening? I went through all the posts on the BCS fan group I run and of the 8 people who posted about it so far, everyone was pleased overall. 2 people reported the off-center badge issue, and one person mentioned the tunic being a pain to put on and the studs being annoying. But, the fan group doesn't represent everyone. I'm just having a hard time finding any other chatter about it other than here.

There has been some vocal criticism of the BCS Captain Scarlet figure in various alighted FB groups, with some members adding their own negative input even though they haven?t purchased him. Along with the initial response from BCS, this ?chatter? has generated quite a bit of negativity and pessimism as customers await delivery of their figure.

This is really the last chance of any such figure being made and there is a lot of expectation, especially after 2 years waiting. Unfortunately it?s clear there are some issues, but luckily they do not seem to effect all the figures. But as more customers get their figures it will become clearer if there is something that BCS have to address more formally. The main issues are with the tunic and a misaligned cap badge.

My Captain is not without his issues, but I am pleased to have him in my home and am looking forward to adding Captain Black.

Someone mentioned something about a main Gerry Anderson collection group that seems to have the most vocal criticisms. But, I put a poll up in my BCS group and so far most people do seem pleased. Understand, I'm asking because I'm considering purchasing. lol. All the pictures I've seen, the product looks great. I think the biggest issue is the misaligned symbol on the cap (which would annoy me, but I'd just ask for a replacement). The issue with the electronics in the tunic is less of an issue for me, personally, as I'd gut it immediately. I find light-up features nearly useless. They can be fun, but as I collect more 1/6, the more I find them not very practical. And with this possibly causing glue seepage (if you remove the foam) or too much bulk for the tunic (if you keep the foam in) I'd just eliminate it. But if someone wants expects the lights, and wants a clean look for the tunic I understand the frustration, too.

Stunning!!!!!!!!!
I absolutely love this figure.
CADB558E-DFEB-4563-92AF-68AF996E9985.jpeg

I found putting the tunic on, quite straight forward. The poppers actually connect easily enough. It?s the lining up that was a bit fiddely !! You can?t help but not want to pull on the tunic as the poppers are in line with the zipper. Anyway, it went on, and then I had, Captain Scarlet.
020C9A9B-A3BB-4FCC-89CD-1B262AB675F5.jpeg

The hat is a work of art in itself. I might have to get a second figure to sport hair, and hat, as the portrait is 100% Paul Metcalfe.
DC34AA3C-46B4-4F55-84E3-A0105349473E.jpeg

Thanks again Mark and your team at Big Chief : an absolutely knocked out of the park release.

Can?t wait to have him face off against Captain Black.

Attachments

• 2D13E706-FEA2-469C-B606-4E18B8340274.jpeg
    2D13E706-FEA2-469C-B606-4E18B8340274.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 71
Congrats DVD1. I'm not a GA guy myself, but even so it's always great to see a long term, invested fan happy with a release like this when they finally get it. :)

YT commentary is already weighing in - so the perception as to issues with the figure (rightly or wrongly) is building out there:

I?m a bit exhausted with the most negative comments coming from... people who don?t own the figure. It really creates an echo chamber that disproportionately magnifies the extent of the issues.

I can’t take anything seriously from a ‘fan’ of Captain Scarlet who talks about mysterions !! What’s a Mysterion !!! Haha!!
Note in the vid shown on previous page, the dude, who does not even have the figure in hand... complains 2nd hand about a misaligned badge sticker - that ‘some’ people had to replace... and poppers. I found it all rather amusing.
I know I’m only one owner, but I found nothing wrong with this BCS release, and I found everything wrong with that total BS ‘revue’ !!

I’m really looking forward to Parker.
And the three Tracy boys are a must have set.
These current three releases rate very highly in my collection, and I look forward to adding more GA figures into it.

I'm happy to report that there are no issues with the tunic or hat on mine.This figure is really well executed and only gives me confidence in Big Chief going forward that they can deliver such a high end product.Thought you'd like to know.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 66
Is there a definitive review of Captain Scarlet of someone who has him in hand? I just want a personal view of what you think about him. I really want to get Captain Scarlet. I just need a little more push lol

Back