Big Chief Thunderbirds & Captain Scarlet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whilst hoping Parker can can pick up the pace, BCS sent an update on Captain Scarlet.
The preproduction sample is looking good. A couple of tweaks needed, and going into mass production soon.

Whilst hoping Parker can can pick up the pace, BCS sent an update on Captain Scarlet.
The preproduction sample is looking good. A couple of tweaks needed, and going into mass production soon.

Hugely excited for this - do you have a link to the photos?

I’m hoping he does well enough to get Captains Black and Blue.

Here are the pics.
The fixes are to include the epaulette color change to white, the location of the zipper ring and the hat mic.
I’m really liking this one, a lot.
21FE5788-CD53-4B1F-A28F-56B8DAC42B4D.jpeg09CF89DC-4DFB-4A57-B77E-DE8BA7A1E877.jpeg2F654AB2-84B2-4CB0-BBDC-CFCBAD3E7A2E.jpeg

He looks fantastic - I actually think I prefer the face on the production sample to the prototype which looked a little cartoonish. Cannot wait to get my hands on him after so long.

This has the greatest provenance as the Gentleman assisting Big Chief with these owns and has painstakingly restored many of the originals.When it comes to puppets he is like JC Hong and Yulli combined.

I know a digital scan for Captain Black exists as well...

Yes, we will need Black after Scarlet is released - hopefully won’t be so long from the preorder.
I’ve got autographed cards to go with Scarlet, Black and Destiny - as I reckoned that would be the order we’d get them in.

The Parker Launchpad has been so disappointing. I think it’s such a shame they did not just run with the 320+ supporters for the Twin Pack, and taken the same approach they did with Doctor Who.

Even though I'm not a Thunderbirds fan I'm still surprised how poorly Parker has done so far given just how nice a figure it is. I mean I honestly couldn't see anything on this figure that could have been done better, and Parker himself is a genuine slice of instantly recognizable Gerry Anderson iconography. So the lukewarm response definitely seems odd, unless most supporters are going via the Anderson retail store that BCS have partnered with on this, and that's why visible orders seem so low.

if that is the case BCS should be updating potential customers to let them know that orders are healthier than they appear. But if it isn't then the only explanation I have is maybe people are hesitant to risk being disappointed a second time and aren't jumping on board due to that?

if that is the case BCS should be updating potential customers to let them know that orders are healthier than they appear. But if it isn't then the only explanation I have is maybe people are hesitant to risk being disappointed a second time and aren't jumping on board due to that?

Not sure... Big Chief have already left comments on Facebook about fans not supporting the Launch and the product being made looking increasingly unlikely.

It would be interesting if someone knows anything about the margins on these types of products, but I still can't imagine that they wouldn't have made all their costs back on the £100,000 or so revenue they would have received on the Penelope/Parker twin-pack in December.

I think ultimately, people feel burned by the last launch, are still getting used to the kickstarter format, and ultimately, if you the kind of fan who would pledge almost £200 for a product which you've seen no reviews for and comes out in eight months, you've probably already got £700 of pre-orders sitting with Big Chief on other Anderson products.

Parker is go.
0A2F75FC-6BAF-4373-A4F3-5BB6AB66DC3C.jpeg
BCS have green lit Parker.
Now, let’s hope they give Lady P a 2nd chance.

I really think it is the delays on the remaining Tracy brothers and Captain Scarlet that have hurt the recent Launchpad attempts. If collectors had those in hand (or they were clearly close to dispatch), then the Penelope and Parker campaign would have likely hit the required numbers. As it stands, we're still looking (tentatively) at August for Scarlet and September for the remaining Tracy boys. Parker is apparently scheduled for December, but given the existing track record of Big Chief I'm guessing we won't see him until 2020.

Hopefully they wait for some of the next figures to be dispatch before trying their luck with Lady Penelope again. The problem is not demand, it’s the backlog of releases.

BCS haven’t sent any more updates on Scarlet or any of the other figures in production for a while now.
I checked my order dates. Scarlet paid for 4th September 2017, and 8th Doctor 22nd April 2017.

If these are delayed again, I’d like to see a gesture of free worldwide shipping.
It’s something they are adding as incentives on recent figures.

Back