Big Chief Thunderbirds & Captain Scarlet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Owned Virgil this morning. As a fan, I was excited about the whole package. The box is gorgeous. It sets the tone for the figure inside
Holding the figure was strange, as it’s a different build to any other figure.
First thing I did was swap out the hair hair for hat hair!! In doing so, got a chance to mess with the eyes. Those are really cool. Fortunately BC went fir one stick/one eye operators. That simplified the mechanism, and hopefully prevents future issues . The eyes themselves look just right.
Head sculpt could not be better. It is Virgil.
I’m sure I’ll spend more time with this later, but I am technically working just now !! Ha ha

17EFBCB7-DAB5-4FC0-B1A9-87C9BE46FF6E.jpg
2EAE3DAA-03E1-49BF-A7E3-89532C5BAD6D.jpg

Some more pics
Got home tonight and some fun with the figure whilst watching, Thunderbirds.
AF287AC3-FC7D-4ACD-87D1-387FBDC1D640.jpg
79074C50-4468-4A92-8785-DB8E3F8504D3.jpg
7F358482-392B-4E2E-AAB1-7FF935698E68.jpg
B41E43B4-CE34-4688-BF2C-6475B4881736.jpg

Still waiting for Scott to arrive. They both look amazing. I believe that Scarlet is due in June. Can't wait for that one having held an original puppet many years ago.

BC have just put up the next three....
Alan, Gordon and John are all available for PO.
There are savings on ordering the three and there’s a great deal in getting all five.
https://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/collectables/thunderbirds-captain-scarlet
These figures are works of art. I am very happy with the way that the figures look. The sculpting is superb and the detailing of the hair on these is just perfect. The hats which could easily have been molded as part of the hat hair, are stunningly created felt hats. This adds a fantastic realism to the figure when in full uniform mode.
If you are a fan of Thunderbirds, I cannot recommend this range high enough.
I am preordering the next three today.

Thanks James The Cat and DVD1 for the close up images! I really wanted to wait and see what Freaks members thought of these figures before ordering, so it's nice to see the positive response. :)

My only real concern (as ever) is the price to collect all the characters: 5 Tracy brothers, Penelope and Parker to follow and, presumably, Brains, Jeff Tracy and The Hood down the line? That will be topping $3,000 AUD down here (if all the figures remain around the $300 mark). Obviously, that individual price isn't unique for high end 1/6 scale figures these days, but collecting the whole line ain't gonna be cheap!

The costs do go up as you add one to the collection, then another. I knew that once I’d ordered Virgil, I’d broken the seal and I’d be ordering, well - all of them!!! Haha!!!
Anyways, here’s an attempt at at a lit close up.
83ACE629-4C29-4066-892A-6D312AF23D47.jpg
I’ve been messing with this thing all morning, whilst watching...ah, three episodes of Thunderbirds. My girlfriend shook her head around about the second episode and went to the swimming pool. I’m under orders to meet her at the pub for lunch. Well, who am I to not go to the pub :rotfl

I was looking at my photos and decided to put them through picture editing to make them look more retro
I think they look like real puppets what were in the show

B28D9912-DFC4-4E32-AC48-011F3B14EB72.jpg

Great retro shot there.
Yes, these are seriously well done, and rank as my favorite line just now. They look great and, are a whole lot of fun.
I’ll bring Scott home next week. Before that I have to reset the cabinet. With the hats on, and on the stands, they are too tall for the current set up.
Also. I have to drill through my autograph stands to allow the support pole to go through. I planned to do that last week, but never got around to it.

So can I ask, DVD1, how tall the two current figures are with their hats on? From shots I've seen, Scott looks a little taller than the other brothers?

Scott should be noticeably taller.
In the show he is the tallest. Virgil appears to be the shortest
The others are around the same hight.
My figures are not in the same place just now: I had an idea to prepare a TBs / Anderson cabinet in my office. To that end, I brought in some of the vivid Captain Scarlet vehicles and a set of Japanese released TB vehicles and figures.
However, after bringing Virgil home, I ve decided to display them here with some other 1/6 figures !!

I’ll create the shot you request soon. Until then James’ photo above is a very accurate reflection of the comparative heights of the characters.

Luckily Popcultcha were running a 'Friday the 13th' code last Friday, reducing most products by 13%. I was able to pick up Scott Tracy for $261 AUD, which is a major saving on the initial $329 list price (which was further reduced to $299 just before the sale). :)

Brought Scott home tonight. Another awesome figure.
The pair (Scott and Virgil) look great together. It’ll be a few months, but the whole gang will be a sight worth seeing.
Here’s Scott:
The box is a work of art in its own right.
1197AEBF-E85C-43AE-803B-135CC63478C1.jpg
Scott, with and without head gear....
68F1C043-1770-43A4-8A8A-6B9A7F955CFF.jpg
2ACAF4D9-45DF-43CA-9C7E-A63CFC989F11.jpg
With his brother...
1BDE1514-DADA-4B2E-8A29-7943BD5F354E.jpg
On display...
17F067D4-E99B-48A9-BCC8-0BDFF321C66A.jpg

And ready for his close up...
D87929B2-C529-43D0-8BEB-2CE700D1F27D.jpg

Great pics DVD1 -would you mind if I shared your pics with the BCS Facebook group? No one there seems to really be talking about them. It'd be cool to use a pic for the group's head for a bit, too.

I don’t mind at all. Glad you like them.
I pop over to Facebook from time to time and look in on BC.
I really am enjoying these releases.

To paraphrase the opening of Captain Scarlet (and BC used it to good effect in their web site), Big Chief have created an exact likeness of the personnel of International Rescue.

Terrific! Thanks for the photos. :)

Can I ask if anyone has tried building a full scale Anderson puppet replica from the gentleman in the UK that sells them in kit form - on Ebay, as well as his own website? (He sells them officially with the permission of the Anderson estate, I believe.)

Nice pics there. I’m now waiting for next week for my set, as it was a holiday here last week. Should have realized that, as I was on holiday!!!
First gen fan here: I had a memory or two that until literally only a couple of weeks back, I was beginning to question. I had vague memories of getting Thunderbird vehicles, and Captain Scarlet models out of Kellogg’s cereal .
For years, all I saw were the badges, so I reckoned that I was wrong. Came across a site that presented like every premium ever from every cereal, and yay!!! There they were. I would like to track down the little Scarlet vehicle models again.
In mean time, I was net upon my return from Europe, not with my BC figures, but this:
View attachment 403417
Pleased to get this third volume of HD Scarlet. And of course, the signature card. This is the one I will use in my BC Captain Scarlet display.

A man after my own heart. I have loved this character for years. I have been fortunate enough to hold one of the original puppets as well as seeing many of the original puppet heads too. For me this was the best of all of the Anderson shows. The sculpts, the vehicle designs and the stories. Even now they still hold up 50 years later. It would be a dream come true to see other characters being realised from these shows, Troy Tempest and also a Joe 90 would be the final pieces for this collector.

I did see Parker in a photo from their booth at a recent con.
I am just about to enquirer about the release date for Scarlet.
I haven’t yet preordered the final 3 Tracy brothers, but I will soon, as the figure set is a must have for completion.
Looking forward to seeing others in the CS line, and hopefully sooner rather than later.

Here’s a couple more shots of the Tracy’s that I don’t think I uploaded before.

957CEBF2-F03B-4828-92F2-5020E2A851CB.jpeg3D9C805C-64C8-4999-89B2-74D1548336AD.jpg0142B4DA-6D98-4D54-9B30-05DE0C60A75C.jpg

Back