Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking for myself, I have had replies to any emails I sent, within a working day.
I’ve had acknowledgement that heads will be replaced. I enquired about a timeframe.
I was told, as I think others have been told, that they are looking to send out replacement parts in late Feb-early March.

In the mean time my golden trio are in a cabinet, and I’m still glad I got them.

The LALD set look quite nice. Bond and the Baron are very paired down figures: the Baron having even less on that s Phicen release!!
Solitaire looks as though she could carry off a lot of presence in a cabinet.
I can see me ordering this set.

Had some time to tackle (futz) one of my all-time favorite villains today...

First round of futzing. As I work, I see a lot of little things I'd like to do on the 2nd round. But for now...

Goldfinger 4.jpg

BEFORE..........................................................................................................................AFTER

comp 1.jpg

comp 2.jpg

The straightening of the shoulders, from the rounded way they come out the box; that makes a huge difference .
Looking good. Glad to see you’re enjoying your favorite villain.

Found a way to take a pic of GF that doesn’t show off the, issue...

Anyone try touching up Bonds nose ? I fear I’ll never see a replacement. BCS started with great responsive service then total silence. I’m a fan but am disappointed with lack of communication after the 1/8 email they sent out :(

When they promised to replace the heads they also seemed to believe it wasn't a widespread problem. Presumably they have now found out that it is. I think radio silence is the worst thing they can do at the moment - despite everything there is a lot of goodwill for them, they should say what the problem is. Can they not afford a full run of newly repainted heads? Is the factory refusing to make any replacements for free? They need to communicate with their customers.

What do folks think about how these figures would be received outside of the 1/6 community? There are a lot of Bond fans, people who identify with the character (in an absurd or humorous way) to the extent of buying license plates with '007' or '008' or whatever, which don't come cheap. Would someone who owns no other high end figures buy these and worry about the nose rub or any of their other problems? Would they feel cheap to a Bond collector or would they be thrilled with them? Just wondering.

Has anyone tried the African-America Jiaou seamless for Baron Samedi ? It looks a little light from ebay pictures but I'm wondering if it might still work ?

I'm not the best at taking pictures as I just take iPhone pics of what's literally in front of me, but a couple of pics:

View attachment 389738
View attachment 389739

My only concern with the pose is that the jacket will crease over time being that you have to slide it back to get the hand in the pocket, which causes it to crease in the rear. However, I suppose if you never take him out of that pose, who cares. That's the pose that I know I want him in no matter what, as I think it's a very natural look for him.

Putting the hand in the pocket didn't rub paint off the hand?

It is really a pity because this set had so much potential . The GF was so close to Yunsil worthy and even OJ but GF's pants is way too long and no futzing will help
And OJ 's suit is again so close to Yunsil worthy but the buttons all falls apart and the vest snap on is glued on on my OJ

As for Connery, the suit vest is way too thick in my opinion and the body is just too small for the suit to hang well. Then there is the paint rub on the nose of the heads . Such a pity

He isn’t even up for pre order yet mate so nobody will have had the chance!

Good point. I was looking at my shipping notifications and my bonds arrived tomorrow and was at the same time looking at the preview images.... I think I may still be hungover from Australia Day ;-)

Maybe by the time it is released phicen will have done some African american bodies - they've done caucasians and asians so its probably a matter of time.

BCS will survive as long as there are people desperate enough to have figures from a license they love. It's not unknown for two companies to hold the same license at the same time. It would be interesting to see how BCS would handle that situation - whether they could up their game to match their price tag.

I don't think they're capable of upping their game to any significant extent. I've only really watched them since Bond but looking back at things they've done there seems to be an ebb and flow of quality - a nice head sculpt but poor suit on one release is followed by a good suit but poor paint job on another. I did like their first doctor who figure though (William Hartnell I mean) to be fair to them (you always feel like you have to be fair to them!).

The sad thing is that someone will knock off the Connery head sooner rather than later and I will buy it because the quality will be better than the original! And while I sometimes buy knock offs of custom pieces if they're unobtainable I rarely if ever buy knock offs of licensed heads. That feels like piracy, and yet a knock off of the Connery head will be the right size (ie smaller) and have better paint apps.

Would it make sense for them to make twice as many figures but sell them at 60% of the current price?

Considering canceling my BBTS PO for all three- they are too costly for the final product as much as it pains me to say. Good here and there but overall poor tailoring on Connery- poor body and just a feeling these are good efforts but far from great. Paying 270 bucks for good doesn't cut it with me.

Seems you've been considering this for quite some time. Time to decide.

Very hard decision- I guess I'm going to keep the PO hoping in hand they will be better- I am not liking what I see in alot of pics but yes are we ever going to get GF figures again ? So- obviously I am a sucker and Bond is too near and dear to my heart- so sentimentality wins here .

Very hard decision- I guess I'm going to keep the PO hoping in hand they will be better- I am not liking what I see in alot of pics but yes are we ever going to get GF figures again ? So- obviously I am a sucker and Bond is too near and dear to my heart- so sentimentality wins here .

Oddjob and Goldfinger look pretty good. It's Bond that's the problem and he's the one most likely to be revisited.

Yep, the first, only and probably last Auric Goldfinger ever to be made in sixth scale. My Odd Job looks great, even the Metal blade Hat fits. And am very happy with my rub-free Connery. And I'm actually impressed with tailoring and fit for all three.

Just wish they included a Jill Masterson.:)

PS AE has more coming in stock as another shipment is apparently coming soon, I would expect the replacement heads to be part of that so hold on a little longer guys.

Back