Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pricing will determine for me. I expect these to be less expensive.

I have to say I'm a little disappointed by the belt on Roger Moore. Such a simple outfit demands that the few pieces it requires be top notch.

For me, Solitaire is the best of the bunch here. I think her at her card table makes for an eye-popping display.

That all said, I'm very happy to see these finally revealed. I hope the release pattern for this line moves a little faster now. Would hate to think that we have a year to go to Dalton and another year again for Dr. No. 2020 for Dr. No seems much too far away.

Pricing will determine for me. I expect these to be less expensive.

I have to say I'm a little disappointed by the belt on Roger Moore. Such a simple outfit demands that the few pieces it requires be top notch.

For me, Solitaire is the best of the bunch here. I think her at her card table makes for an eye-popping display.

That all said, I'm very happy to see these finally revealed. I hope the release pattern for this line moves a little faster now. Would hate to think that we have a year to go to Dalton and another year again for Dr. No. 2020 for Dr. No seems much too far away.

Strange you should say that. I think Solitaire is by far the weakest. Opinions opinions! Definitely getting Rog and the Baron. Awaiting the price on these with trepidation though...

Time to drop out of sideshow freaks. The negativity is unforgivable. My Connery had some nose rub. It will be fixed. Otherwise the figures were brilliant. These figures look brilliant, especially Solitaire. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but outright hostility is pathetic. Goodbye!

BCS did a great job of scaling their Goldfinger figures to be correct heights to one another.

LALD will be more challenging. Samedi is very tall, and Solitaire is very short. The three figures strike me as being all approximately the same height based on the pictures. Curious to see them all together, standing.

These figures look brilliant, especially Solitaire.

Hey -- someone else likes Solitaire! Thank you.

BTW, what happened to the gas bullet...?

accessories 12-22-17.jpg

Received my Connery this morning. Haven’t had time to unbox him yet, but he looks pretty good looking at him inside the packaging.

Time to drop out of sideshow freaks. The negativity is unforgivable. My Connery had some nose rub. It will be fixed. Otherwise the figures were brilliant. These figures look brilliant, especially Solitaire. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but outright hostility is pathetic. Goodbye!

Can’t say I blame you. Smart man. :lol

It sounds like people are just exasperated and with good reason. No one is screaming 'they're ****! They look like garbage!' because they don't. People are being quite measured and nuanced in their criticisms. But they seem to be deeply flawed figures from a deeply flawed company.

Need thicker skin than that I'm afraid.

Really- these are very good but not over the top great figures. Connery is the weakest which really upsets me but that's the way it is. Overall I like them but they have flaws that are notable especially for the very high price tag.

I can understand the skepticism after the way the Goldfinger figures turned out, but that doesn't stop these from still being some really nice looking prototypes in my opinion. And the Moore figure definitely looks a whole lot better than that other version we saw a couple weeks back.

That said, given his rather simple outfit and lack of accessories, I would hope BCS would charge a bit less for him than they did for Connery.

Yeah, Goldfinger is the apex of the series. Live and Let Die is not in the same league (even with the same director). And the complexity of the outfits seems like less work. So yes, I would expect a lower price as a result.

I still can't quite fathom why the choice was this rather than another super-title like Spy Who Loved Me for Moore. Unless perhaps the plan was to relieve the price a little for the committed collectors.

I can understand the skepticism after the way the Goldfinger figures turned out, but that doesn't stop these from still being some really nice looking prototypes in my opinion. And the Moore figure definitely looks a whole lot better than that other version we saw a couple weeks back.

That said, given his rather simple outfit and lack of accessories, I would hope BCS would charge a bit less for him than they did for Connery.

Prices are going up, not down.

Spy Who Loved Me does seems like a more obvious choice (especially with Jaws in the mix), but maybe the plan is to come back and do that one as well, since they're apparently doing both a Goldfinger and Dr No for Connery.

Regardless, even though I don't care much for the movie this is a very cool look for Moore, and one I'd really love to get (depending of course on how the final figure comes out).

It sounds like people are just exasperated and with good reason. No one is screaming 'they're ****! They look like garbage!' because they don't. People are being quite measured and nuanced in their criticisms. But they seem to be deeply flawed figures from a deeply flawed company.

Very accurate and well said Tom.

Yeah, Goldfinger is the apex of the series. Live and Let Die is not in the same league (even with the same director). And the complexity of the outfits seems like less work. So yes, I would expect a lower price as a result.

I still can't quite fathom why the choice was this rather than another super-title like Spy Who Loved Me for Moore. Unless perhaps the plan was to relieve the price a little for the committed collectors.

While I totally agree SWLM is the peak of the Moore series and the logical way to go especially with a baddie like Jaws, I love me some LALD. So I'm supportive of the cause. Them wanting to go with Dalton next is a bigger head scratcher for me. I'm afraid it will kill the line, A Goldeneye wave to me would have been the next logical place to go with 006 and Xenia to round out the wave. More iconic Bond, one of the best films in the series, popular characters and supporting actors in Bean and Jansen. I'm a Bond fan so I'm one of them but me and 6 other people in the world like Dalton as Bond and three of them don't even like the two films.

One thing I want to say if Greggo or BC is silently observing this thread is to get on this before it's too late: the body on Moore.

I've been highly critical of their new body, but I mentioned how I think those shortcomings could be avoided before. I can already tell what a disaster the Moore will be in the hip/waist area even from that 3 1/4 shot with those as I refer to them not so fondly: teenage girl hips.

It looks like his barrel chest was pretty accurately replicated, not sure if it's a fst suit or a piece but it really works. please give him some padding, on the hips too. Annoying and costly body swaps aside I don't want to run the risk of the pants being tailored too tight to the hips that I can;t swap it as the bell bottom style of these make the pants not as ubiquetos style wise and hence not so easy to replace.

it looks like there is SOME padding in there already... but the proportions is off. those hips are REALLY problematic proportionately so they will require some special engineering.

the other deal is his neck is too long, way too long.

So I opened and posed my Connery. Aesthetically I think it looks really good and the sculpt bears a pretty good likeness, but as far as the body goes, you can definitely tell it's not HT quality, which is to be expected. The hands and wrist pegs to me feel a bit flimsy and the right leg on mine is a bit loose and both of the legs in general don't seem to have much articulation at the waist other than moving them horizontally out to the side; they don't appear to want to articulate forward and backward. The glue on the fasteners that hold the vest together is very weak as well. I attempted to unfasten the top one to adjust the tie and it came right off of the vest, so I'll have to go and get some more Loctite glue to glue it back on to the inside of the vest. The sculpt on mine also unfortunately suffers from what seems to be the pervasive paint rub on the tip of the nose, but is only really noticeable when you look at the sculpt straight on and under direct lighting.

I'm not the best at taking pictures as I just take iPhone pics of what's literally in front of me, but a couple of pics:

image.jpg
image.jpg

My only concern with the pose is that the jacket will crease over time being that you have to slide it back to get the hand in the pocket, which causes it to crease in the rear. However, I suppose if you never take him out of that pose, who cares. That's the pose that I know I want him in no matter what, as I think it's a very natural look for him.

Back