Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine are due to arrive today.
I’m hoping, obviously, that this nose rub issue is not included with the set.

Oddjob's eyes should come to Connery's chin -- which they do on mine -- and Goldfinger's eyes should be at Connery's nose -- which they also are on mine. You may need to straighten out the bodies a bit. But they are pretty much spot on amongst themselves.

I see, well, you've had more time to futz with them. So can the suit jacket be made to hang better on his shoulders? That's really been throwing things off for me. The shoulders look like they need to go back, but, I don't know what that will do to the jacket. From what I've seen so far, no in hand jacket has looked to hang the way it does in all the promo pics, they should be the same so it must be possible to futz it so it all looks right.

This is interesting, and sheds light on things:

https://13thdimension.com/exclusive-inside-look-the-big-chief-studios-james-bond-figures/

Tell me, the Connery head, do the production heads have a neck?

Oh agreed,

I'm sure though that some more futzing can be done. It's interesting there that, in the article, the Connery head looks to go from no neck initially to having one. Here are the nude bodies side by side:

YfFcAyC.jpg

One can only assume that they are Bond then Goldfinger and Oddjob with Bond seemingly being the taller of the three. With prices what they are, I'm unlikely to get any of them MIB, but, I may still get parts for Bond, which is why I've been trying to discern whether a different body would make a difference as to the hang of the jacket.

I'm thinking a DID body and they don't have as much upper bulk as the BCS looks to. They are quite tall and with Bond's homer shoes on that may just bring the height up to scale. My Henry Jones is the perfect scale height for Connery so I have something to use as a marker. I'll have to keep an eye out and nab parts as soon as they show up.

Looks like we were looking at the same thing.
Means either that everyone who ordered them , did so to own them , or those who hadn’t planned to, are keeping them because they like them!!
Or something else... regardless, after 2 weeks from release, it’s strange.
Hours after any Hot Toys release , they’re all over eBay!!
And my set weren’t waiting in the mail room: I was told there were three parcels... all magazines.

Hi

The images you have there are all of the prototype. The jacket in my hand is off the same prototype that is used on all the imagery and indeed the first photo you have shared. It just shows how futzing can really make the difference and making it hang right. The buttons are added once it’s hanging correctly on the prototype. So it’s not the mass produced suit jacket It is the prototype jacket that has been used. All suits have used the exact same pattern as the prototype. As for the shot of the PPK that is also the prototype and is Taken for speed using my phone.

From this:

IMG_2737copy-580x773.jpg

To this:

IMG_8053-e1508615167105-768x1023.jpg

Looks like the difference between an expensive custom and low quality mass production.

And is the Walther as soft as it looks here?

Walther-PPK-Exclusive-Both.-1.jpg

It looks like a recast compared to the sharpness of something from VTS, for example.

Looks like we were looking at the same thing.
Means either that everyone who ordered them , did so to own them , or those who hadn’t planned to, are keeping them because they like them!!
Or something else... regardless, after 2 weeks from release, it’s strange.
Hours after any Hot Toys release , they’re all over eBay!!
And my set weren’t waiting in the mail room: I was told there were three parcels... all magazines.

It's possible they just haven't reached eBay sellers yet.

Hi

The images you have there are all of the prototype. The jacket in my hand is off the same prototype that is used on all the imagery and indeed the first photo you have shared. It just shows how futzing can really make the difference and making it hang right. The buttons are added once it’s hanging correctly on the prototype. So it’s not the mass produced suit jacket It is the prototype jacket that has been used. All suits have used the exact same pattern as the prototype. As for the shot of the PPK that is also the prototype and is Taken for speed using my phone.

So I guess what you're saying is that we just need to play around a bit more till we get it to our liking. Makes sense I suppose

Thank goodness the Moore fig will just come wearing the turtle neck, then we don't have to spend ages futzing with the suit, so it looks right.

Obviously it’s down to personal preference but I took one straight out the box moved the the shoulders into the correct place pulled the jacket down so it sits correctly on the shoulders and sorted the tie and collar out. Took about 5 mins and looks great and is on display in our show room. One sixth shooter has spent more time on it and again his results look great. I have taken a few out the box and spent the same amount of time on them and they look just as good.

I see, well, you've had more time to futz with them. So can the suit jacket be made to hang better on his shoulders? That's really been throwing things off for me. The shoulders look like they need to go back, but, I don't know what that will do to the jacket. From what I've seen so far, no in hand jacket has looked to hang the way it does in all the promo pics, they should be the same so it must be possible to futz it so it all looks right.

I haven't had time to futz with the figures yet; holidays and family in town. So I can't tell if the figure's shoulder are narrow or the jacket. I'm still under the impression from working with other jackets that I can get a better line with some ironing and perhaps a piece of cardboard under the jacket's shoulders to help straighten the line. I hope anyway.

Obviously it’s down to personal preference but I took one straight out the box moved the the shoulders into the correct place pulled the jacket down so it sits correctly on the shoulders and sorted the tie and collar out. Took about 5 mins and looks great and is on display in our show room. One sixth shooter has spent more time on it and again his results look great. I have taken a few out the box and spent the same amount of time on them and they look just as good.

Good to know.

I haven't had time to futz with the figures yet; holidays and family in town. So I can't tell if the figure's shoulder are narrow or the jacket. I'm still under the impression from working with other jackets that I can get a better line with some ironing and perhaps a piece of cardboard under the jacket's shoulders to help straighten the line. I hope anyway.

I see, we'll see what your pics turn out like. How does the Goldfinger compare to that one you made with that Achbach sculpt?

How does the Goldfinger compare to that one you made with that Achbach sculpt?

No comparison -- BCS wins hands down. The Inigo sculpt is about as good as you can get. I can only be happy that I'm the only one with that gold-lapel dinner jacket look for Auric.

You may remember my original Goldfinger custom with the old Spenser Goldfinger head that is in the exact same outfit as this one (pool cue and Delta-9 canister included) which, I'm sad to say, is also put to shame by the BCS.

But I had a great time bashing my army of Bond villains for many years.

I'll post a picture of the two at some point.

What a bummer. All three of my figures have the “nose rub” issue ): (No protective foam around the sculpt.) Emailed support. I hope they’re able to replace the sculpts in a timely manner.

Back