Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

At least I get to enjoy my customs from 'Spy Who Loved Me' for a wee bit longer.

Eager to replace my Solitaire... and get a Baron Samedi.

Dalton didn't have too many distinctive outfits as I remember, but maybe the tactical gear from the opening of Living Daylights? At least its spy-gear and has some gadgets.

I hope its not the tan suit and turban. :lol

Dalton didn't have too many distinctive outfits as I remember, but maybe the tactical gear from the opening of Living Daylights? At least its spy-gear and has some gadgets.

I hope its not the tan suit and turban. [emoji38]
Sure it will be tan suit.Most iconic look of Dalton can't imagine lol )))

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Tux with collar that folds over and sniper rifle would be cool.

Strawberry jam!

Strange why they've been told not to focus on Brosnan and Craig though.

BHG, do you remember which dress they said Solitaire would be wearing by chance? I know its unlikely one could tell from the 'word' dress but I didn't know if they mentioned from what scene.

I'm guessing the gold and orange one from the scene where Bond is going to get his pinky snipped off. But it could be the red one from her first meeting with Bond at the card table (since the table's included).

No sorry we didn't go into specifics on its look.

The guy was so enthusiastic about it though and how much work and effort has gone into it.

No sorry we didn't go into specifics on its look.

The guy was so enthusiastic about it though and how much work and effort has gone into it.
I have feeling it will be the red one.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Red dress:

5222ecbdc5c3d4e4fe8714410137ca75.jpg

Orange/Gold:

Kananga+and+Solitaire.jpg

My custom ready to upgrade...

Solitaire5_zpse54c8c26.jpg

I had a long and detailed chat with one of the guys on the Big Chief stand at Memorabilia and got lots of forthcoming info. You've already seen the pic of the Connery so won't bother posting mine. Hopefully I can remember everything I was told:

1/ They are able to and will do all six Bonds although as it stands EON have asked that they focus on older characters and specifically NOT Brosnan and Craig
2/ Dalton will be based on Living Daylights
3/ Some sculpts like Connery are Inigos design but have been modified by someone else although can't remember their name
4/ EON are heavily involved in the process and get final approval on everything - the guy said they are very invested in details even including the right shade is used on the tux
5/ The next wave is Live and Let Die - Moore in the black outfit, Baron Samedi and Solitaire
6/ A huge amount of work has gone into Solitaire's dress and is apparently beautiful - she will come with her cards and a table
7/ The third wave is Dr No - The Connery on display will be in that wave BUT will have a different head. The head on display was the Goldfinger head.
8/ The Dr No Connery comes with an overcoat and there was talk of him coming with a hat but I think the guy said to me its been scrapped

That's pretty much all I can remember but don't think I missed anything. I can tell you the guy I spoke to was really nice and more than happy to chat about the line with anyone asking. He was hugely passionate and it's clear the company really cares about the line. Stopping by their stand on Saturday and chatting to him was my highlight of the day.

Thanks. This is what is most important to me.

LALD! I'm surprised -- would have bet the farm on SWLM. But I'm eager to see Solitaire and Baron.

Thanks for that info!

Sideshow did LALD too and never did TDWLM. I wonder if it's an Eon thing? Jaws>the Baron any day for me, so I wonder if they were told to do that film rather than choosing it. Even MWTGG would be a better choice with Christopher Lee being a bankable name. :dunno

Yeah, its strange, perhaps EON does dictate more than one would assume. BCS is going down the same road as Sideshow did nearly 20 years ago: Goldfinger, LALD and Dr. No.

From the sounds of it I will be waiting a while before a Goldeneye set is done ... Really want trevelyan and Brosnan Bond. Oh well, I expect Roger Moore figure will be the first one that I get from this line.

I was hoping for a Goldeneye Bond too. Brosnan isn't the Bond I grew up with - that was Moore - but he was the first Bond since TSWLM where I felt Eon weren't just phoning it in. My Agent Paul figure will have to do. Can anyone suggest a 1/6 suit that resembles one of his TWINE suits?

https://www.bondsuits.com/category/the-films/the-world-is-not-enough/

And in particular this one:

https://www.bondsuits.com/charcoal-suit-in-bilbao-in-the-world-is-not-enough/

Got to say I'm kind of disappointed that it's LALD Moore in the black outfit. That just doesn't excite me at all. I really don't want to pony up the bucks to have a Moore figure only to find they do one later on that I prefer. But will they do another Moore?

BCS has already shown another Connery figure, so I think that the chances of getting another Moore are pretty high. :)

BCS has already shown another Connery figure, so I think that the chances of getting another Moore are pretty high. :)

I hope so! You'd figure it will be either TSWLM or Moonraker because Jaws is a no-brainer but with my luck we'll get the silly space suit :slap

I think I'd be agreeable to a two-to-three-figures-per-wave release schedule, particularly if there will continue to be multi-figure exclusives/discounts when ordering from BCS's website. If Live and Let Die is next, then I presume there will be a three-figure discount with exclusives since Moore-Bond, Solitaire, and Baron Samedi are all from the same movie the same way Connery-Bond, Oddjob, and Goldfinger were. Hopefully any LALD pre-orders are a ways off so that my payment plan for the Goldfinger three-pack will be about done.

Back