Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

Cant justify the price, from a distance looks good, up close the paint app on the sculpt looks lazy and the tailoring looks clumsy.

There's really no excuse for anyone here being thrown off by bad flash photography. Sorry, but you guys know better.

Re: Big Chief studios - James Bond Collector figures

What exactly is the pricing on these three figures? How much is shipping to the USA? and lastly how hard was it to set up the payment plan? (heard horror stories)

For US residents the prices are as follows:

Per figure

£174.99/$218.67

Three-Pack

£524.98/$656.02

BCS also offers discounts for purchasing more than one figure

Buy any 2 different figures:

Pay by Payment Plan and receive £20.00/$24.99 discount off the selling price

Pay in Full and receive £30.00/$37.49 discount off the selling price

Buy any 3 different figures:

Pay by Payment Plan and receive £30.00/$37.49 discount off the selling price

Pay in Full and receive £40.00/$49.98 discount off the selling price

Please keep in mind that all of these currency conversations are based on the current value of the dollar vs the pound and will likely change. :)

You could also wait and buy these figures direct from a United States based retailer, but the MSRP on them is $249.99 so you'd save more money buying direct from BCS even with shipping costs.

Speaking of shipping, I'm unsure of the cost, but hopefully somebody who has experience with BCS shipping prices will chime in.

Last edited:

Buy any 3 different figures:
Pay in Full and receive £40.00/$49.98 discount off the selling price

This is a little deceptive for US buyers because it includes the VAT in the discount -- for US buyers who aren't paying VAT, it's £33.33 or about $41 discount.

Also, for US buyers there will be a transaction fee from your bank or credit card or PayPal. Check with them to see what the fee is. There will be multiple fees on payment plans.

Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

I don't recall ever paying any transaction fee to BCS. Ever.

And I have received multiple figures on payment plans with them.

I don't recall ever paying any transaction fee to BCS. Ever.

That's why I said bank/credit card/PayPal transaction fee. It's not BCS charging the transaction fee.

Just in case people aren't aware. But if you've never been charged a fee for the overseas transaction, then please tell me how you're paying because I'd like to do the same.

One thing to keep in mind is that transaction fees are always going to be dependent on bank and card type. I personally pay no foreign transaction fees when paying with my bank debit card. :)

I thought that the VAT prices were already included in the discount prices? Here is a quote from BCS:
Note discount pricing is inclusive of VAT at 20%. Also any discount on the Payment Plan option will appear on the final instalment.
I could of course be reading this line the wrong way, (which wouldn't surprise me at all! :lol)

Last edited:

That's why I said bank/credit card/PayPal transaction fee. It's not BCS charging the transaction fee.

Just in case people aren't aware. But if you've never been charged a fee for the overseas transaction, then please tell me how you're paying because I'd like to do the same.

I have only ever paid for what BCS quotes. I have never had any kind of fee added on. Maybe that's because I bank through a credit union?

I thought that the VAT prices were already included in the discount prices?

Yes, but this is where it gets confusing. The discount prices are for VAT paying customers. If you are paying the non-VAT prices, then you need to deduct the approximately 20% VAT out of the discount -- that's how the £40 becomes £33.33.

This was explained by a couple people here earlier, it was also explained to me by Terry at BCS.

I bring it up only because it can be confusing as it was to me. It would be clearer if BCS would show the VAT discount and the non-VAT discount, just like they do with the two pricing variants.

Like this:
Full payment on 3 characters earns:
£40 discount on VAT price
£33.33 discount on non-VAT price

Didn't you pay in full, Owl? Then your order should show a £33.33 discount, NOT a £40 discount.

Last edited:

That transaction fee stinks! $20 is no small amount. :(

Didn't you pay in full, Owl? Then your order should show a £33.33 discount, NOT a £40 discount.

I decided to pay via payment plan for these figures, so I won't be seeing the discount amount until the final payment. My thought process behind this decision was since these won't be coming out for some time, I'd rather keep most of the money on hand and just pay a little a month.

I'm beginning wonder why I got a fee?
I do get a fee with my credit card as well whenever I pay for something in a foreign country, but yours is very high indeed. I just checked, the last Big Chief payment was 45 GBP and the fee was about 1 Euro. For a hotel payment of 510 GBP the fee was 11 Euro.

I have an ING debit card & they charge 2% on international purchases, so I use another card if it's an overseas purchase. Funny thing is it's the card for an account that's linked to my paypal account & I don't get the fees with a paypal purchase.

Good to know, thanks guys. I wondered if I should have used PayPal this time. Oh well, education earned.

Back