Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

Although the free shipping from Sideshow is enticing, the overall price is still more than I'm willing to pay. Great looking figures, however.

I hope BCS hasn't changed their deal. Perhaps sales weren't what they expected and they have to sell the initial 700 somehow?

Well, it's been three weeks and First Editions are still available to pre-order on BCS. However, I think it's too early to be concerned about sales and what they mean for this license's longevity. I'd think they would at least sell through 700 Connery Bonds. Goldfinger and Oddjob would understandably draw less interest than Bond.

I really hope they're successful so they can go deep into the license (including getting around to the cars). Despite my reservations about BCS, the fact that they're even making Goldfinger and Oddjob is pretty awesome.

Bottom line: 1st Edition figures are only available from BCS according to Terry @ BCS.

I stand by my original comment :lol

So, what's the deal? The BCS only exclusive versions are being sold at BBTS and Sideshow? Or was that a mistake?

Midtown posts images of SS exclusives ALL THE TIME, even though they are selling the regulars. I contacted them a time or two about that, but they never fix it.

So who knows? I ordered these from BBTS though. Didn't want to throw down the NRD.

The BigBadToyStore figure specifications appear to be an exact copy of the Big Chief Studios info so I'm almost certain that it is just a simple mistake. Like pjam said, BBTS likely just copied the info directly from BCS own sales page and didn't remove the exclusive items from the pictures or specifications. Hopefully, someone from BBTS catches the mistake and fixes it before many more pre-orders start coming in. They would probably be better off just copying the info and pictures from Sideshow's own sales page. :lol

Last edited:

Ordered from BBTS and will not expect the exclusive items. If I get them that is a bonus.

Going hold off for now might order from SSC, I have a 20% coupon and free shipping, I'm sure I can pick up the pistol someplace.

I only order from SSC if it's a "hot" item and I want the exclusive, but what deters me most of the time is the California sales tax. I'm sure there's a unique purchase matrix for everyone in terms of exclusive vs. non-exclusive and the cheapest route based on shipping, tax (VAT, state tax, etc.), transaction charge (international, Paypal, etc.) and had I known who would eventually carry these, I probably would have gone through BBTS regardless of the exclusive items, instead of paying my non-refundable deposit w/BCS.

Listen to pjam, pjam knows. :lol

From Terry @ BCS

"the Big Bad Toy store are quoting our Big Chief exclusives and they will not be able to supply those as they are exclusive to direct Big Chief customers only. Somebody will be informing them at some point from our office."

The BigBadToyStore figure specifications appear to be an exact copy of the Big Chief Studios info so I'm almost certain that it is just a simple mistake. Like pjam said, BBTS likely just copied the info directly from BCS own sales page and didn't remove the exclusive items from the pictures or specifications. Hopefully, someone from BBTS catches the mistake and fixes it before many more pre-orders start coming in. They would probably be better off just copying the info and pictures from Sideshow's own sales page. :lol

... had I known who would eventually carry these, I probably would have gone through BBTS regardless of the exclusive items, instead of paying my non-refundable deposit w/BCS.

Isn't it still cheaper thru BCS even with the int'l shipping?

I think I end up paying $216 per figure (including est. ship) thru BCS as opposed to starting at $250 each before shipping.

Isn't it still cheaper thru BCS even with the int'l shipping?

I think I end up paying $216 per figure (including est. ship) thru BCS as opposed to starting at $250 each before shipping.

I was confused about shipping, whether the verbiage they included was just a canned response and that I missed something about shipping being included (because I kind of remember reading here that it was included?) Anyway, here's what the auto response email said:

Shipping

No shipping has been assigned to your order, this will be added when the stock arrives.

Shipping will be calculated and added to the outstanding balance of your order. You will need to sign in to your account and make payment manually to clear the outstanding balance. Once cleared your item will be dispatched.​

But, you are right and if shipping from the UK to California is less than $40 or $50, then it will be cheaper direct from BCS, plus it would be the exclusive version.

I'm actually hoping the First Editions stay another week or so so I can order 🤓
With free shipping, I don't think the price difference is too extreme between Sideshow and BCS, so for those who don't care about extras or getting the figures first and want points, SS isn't a terrible option.

As bad as I want these..... They still don't look as good as I would like to reflect "Bond" still look well, sort of cheap to me. And I don't know anything about this company's level of quality. What are the odds these prototypes get improved before release?

As bad as I want these..... They still don't look as good as I would like to reflect "Bond" still look well, sort of cheap to me. And I don't know anything about this company's level of quality. What are the odds these prototypes get improved before release?

That IS the question isn't it?.. and I know exactly how you feel. I PO'd The Blitzway GB set because I knew the level of quality and phenomenal sculpting artistry of KA Kim will be excellent. But at first I hesitated on doing the same with these for that exact same reason.

I pulled the trigger on this set for 2 basic reasons.

1 - I Love this movie and it's characters, I think they are definitive of Bond. I had almost ALL the SSC Connery Bonds, including the TB White dinner Jacket version, even had some repaints done. Had Odd Job too. BUT I knew there would never be a Goldfinger mass-produced until now so having sold off all the SSC Figures I couldn't pass this up and Had to have the Exclusives DESPITE all the negativity about this new Company.

But I also have faith that these won't suck because

2- Guys like us, Freaks Members who love this hobby are overseeing this release. In fact greggo is on top of this and I'm sure is just as critical as we are about making these as good as possible as they can be so, I'm also going on hope here.

PS Can anyone confirm The Bond necktie is navy blue (as it should be) actually a navy blue knit tie.

POed and now the long long wait...

Back