Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The nickel revolver that came with the MMS238 T-800 figure might be a good alternative, if you can find one loose.

Moore's revolver is a nickel plated Smith and Wesson Model 29 .44 Magnum. Probably inspired by Dirty Harry, which released two years prior to Live and Let Die. Fun fact about this weapon: it's sales struggled due to the existence of the near flawless Colt Python, in the smaller and more manageable - and yet still very powerful - .357 Magnum. The release of Dirty Harry made M29 sales skyrocket...before people sold them on because they couldn't handle the recoil like Inspector Callahan could!

Interesting choice of gun for Bond. Do often wonder why they specifically chose the Model 29 for this scene, over the go-to PPK. Looks magnificent though, Bond with a hand-cannon is an underutilized concept.

I could not stand that plastic gun.
Repainted a little darker and with a metallic finish to give back a diecast feeling.
Hope you like it [emoji3526][emoji1317]
45f463d2bb17ccfb6311061fb1a9b519.jpg

40b4f986569cde2d22b7daf92e80abce.jpg

c0d1f9cfcf138d2c593056ab834c6388.jpg

8c9a7cb51d02f82f61c1254485921b70.jpg

361e3d6ed67a2e19eed281e23fb9c9de.jpg

f63b0c395d2c10fedbcaf5ffb80d2860.jpg

602127e18f468d58b0f1257570d3fbb5.jpg

I think it looks a lot better though. Looks more realistic whereas the stock paint makes it look like a cheap toy piece.

For me it looks passable repainted. I might give that a go once I get mine because I feel like that won’t be as easy to mess up versus trying to add in detail to the sculpt. I’ll see how I feel when I have it in hand. That or I feel like there probably is a suitable replacement out there somewhere. It’s not exactly an incredibly unique gun.

I swore there was some DID gun or something like that out there but there is not! there are similar guns, but if I dint care about accuracy Idlewild use the one that came with the DID Moore because it id diecast and amazing.

I couldn't hold off any longer and placed the order for the BCS Roger Moore through Sideshow.

Had some reward points and couldn't resist the free shipping.

One would hope it bodes well for the rest of the line. You'd also hope people would pay more attention to Bond himself than the gun. I think the HT would be a good replacement, once it's in his hand and he's doing the right pose, I don't think anyone would care that much if it was accurate or not. The essence will be there.

Great call in the terminator gun boys. Close enough for sure it’s something I don’t even know I owned because it has so little importance to that figure I literally didn’t remeber it was a thing. Happy to have dug it out of the box and lent it to Sir Roger since it clearly wasn’t being put to use anyways (the terminator holds up through luckily, still almost every figure in that line needs to be redone but I digress).

Technically the bond gun is a s&w 44 magnum. The terminator gun is a 357 magnum. But it is close

Last edited:
Great call in the terminator gun boys. Close enough for sure it?s something I don?t even know I owned because it has so little importance to that figure I literally didn?t remeber it was a thing. Happy to have dug it out of the box and lent it to Sir Roger since it clearly wasn?t being put to use anyways (the terminator holds up through luckily, still almost every figure in that line needs to be redone but I digress).

Technically the bond gun is a s&w 44 magnum. The terminator gun is a 357 magnum. But it is close

Looks pretty close except for the S&W motif not being on the HT gun. That is being super picky though.

Back