Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was very close to picking up the DID version of Roger, but i'm now glad i held off and picked this version up instead...

The head sculpt is superb and for me the best yet of any licenced bond figure produced. While the paint apps may not be HT standard they're still decent and on par with most other companies.

Accessories are ok if a little on the thin side and are let down by the poorly moulded S&W gun. This should have been the stand out piece in the set but the wee metal machete which looks excellent and the magnetic watch make up for it. A W-PPK and Compressed air gun would have been nice...

Other niggles are the horrible padded under suit(I removed it) and the hands are a tad on the shiny side(the same issue as the 8th Dr). The size/scale of the hands though are excellent...HT please take note.
Wrist pegs on mine are also a little loose and the spare ones included were wrongly packed as they're tiny female ones.

Anyways enough of my whining as the head sculpt alone is what makes this figure a must get/have...Roger is far from being my favourite Bond but he had the likeability factor and oozed charisma in everything he done:)

A few pics...i'm using the gun from HT Terminator

DSC_0015.JPGDSC_0011.JPGDSC_0010.JPGDSC_0021.JPG

Beautiful pictures. I love the ribbing on the t-neck - makes it look as close to 1/1 as you can get.

Of course our new replacement pistol really helps too.

Need to solve the excess lengths on the olive shoulder strap and the belt, then this figure will be just about perfect.

He does look really good,

The only slight concern would be the black sweater staining the body and neck. Did the DID figure come with a gun!?

Thanks for the review and pictures.

My Roger is arriving tomorrow. I wasn't thinking about it before, but now I am also considering removing the padding underneath.

That's actually a great looking set, the package, the stand, and the paper goods.

I like it when they throw in extras to make it worth your while.

Dr Kananga action fig I found online

dr-kananga-action-figure-james-bond_1_eb5ad2999838839788e6040117be7a01.jpg

Before you laugh, this is pretty accurate to how the dummy looked, just as he exploded out of the water.

Would be cool to have an exploding Kananga

Great pics, Matrix thanks for posting.:clap

Just watched Moonraker on TV late the other night so primed for some 1/6 Roger Moore.:yess:

Great pictures Matrix!

I received my Roger yesterday from Sideshow. Was a little nervous that I received a return when I opened the shipper because it was missing the clear plastic sleeve and the corner of the inner box was slightly dented despite the corner protectors. Once of the corner protector was bent so that might have actually caused the dent. The most important thing to me is the contents so I try to not let that bother me and the contents were great.

I was very pleased with the figure after receiving it. I think I might have said it before but I am a big fan of the light up bases. I'll probably have to check the household to find the Terminator box to retrieve the S&W. The first thing I did was to make sure his pants were picked up and cover the wrist joints with his sleeves. I also have the Roger DID head from Toy Anxiety. My wife said she likes the DID head sculpt better but the hair on the BCS head better. I told her the DID version is a representation of an older Roger. One day I'll get around to kitbashing him.

Here is a picture of Roger next to Sean. They don't display well together because I have Sean on a Hot Toys knockoff body which is shorter and Sean should be slightly taller than Roger. I don't have a choice because if I tried to make him taller the Yunsil suit pants would be too short.
I am 99% sure I'll be purchasing the Bond from Dr No shortly.

Here is a picture of them together.
49846041337_82d3e9ce4c_b.jpg

Does anybody have the little Mint Julep form the Big Chief Goldfinger Bond that they want to sell? I dropped mine and can’t find it anywhere. I’m afraid it got vacuumed up and tossed. Thanks.

Certainly improving, but, are we getting bang for our buck yet!? I feel we only will when the line remains this consistent with each future release.

Back