Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Roger Moore figure is tracking now, so shouldn’t be long till I have all three LALD figures.
I may have said earlier that I wasn’t going to preorder any more figures until some started arriving. Well, it’s time to preorder...
I like the idea of getting the incentive items, but I don’t think I’d ever pose Bond in the coat.
I do like the idea of him playing cards with Solitaire, and introducing himself as .....

In case you haven?t noticed, your suggestion is just what I?m doing.

I won?t buy... not that I wouldn?t want to support the company, but financially speaking, I just can?t.

So it means, and sadly, that?s what others do too, that I?ll have to wait until they have to put them on clearance, as they always do, to buy them. Not sure it benefits them that way.

Once again, don?t you think they?d sell more if, from the start, the price wasn?t so high? At HT prices (which are high already), I probably wouldn?t have thought twice. At the current price, it?s just impossible for me.

Also, it?s a kind of policy from all companies to add lots of accessories that add to the whole cost (awesome box, stand, tons of accessories...) which, for the most part never leave the box. I wish they took a page from 3rd party companies who sell bare bones figures in average box. Would keep prices fair and allow more people to buy.

Then again, you may be among those people who like expensive, limited and numbered stuff so you can boast to others you have something exceptional, hoard it for a few years and make a profit when it?s sold out on eBay. Just to be clear, it?s not to you I?m referring, it?s a general you, a despicable attitude more and more often seen on these boards and among collectors.

It was not my intention to boast about being able to afford expensive toys. If I came off high and mighty, I apologize. Note that these are luxury items that no one needs. Every figure you don't buy is money in your pocket.

I've never sold any of my figures, nor do I intend to. I'm lucky that I can afford them and it's unfortunate when fans are priced out due to the realities of licensing, development costs, and low production runs. Cutting out extraneous stuff like unused accessories and deluxe packaging will only do so much. Note that Hot Toys releases cheaper versions of some figures, but even its cheapest are often over $200.

Some companies may be able to sell at a lower price, but I don't know what the margins are on each figure. If they sell at a lower price, then they probably have to sell more to achieve the same result and that demand isn't certain as BCS learned with the Goldfinger figures.

Might be tempted to buy directly from Big Chief for that exclusive. Cool that they opened up the exclusive option again.

Agreed, I wasn't expecting that. I'd love to get that hat, but strangely I don't see any pics of him actually wearing it, so who knows if that'll even look good or not...

I also noticed that they're selling the Connery head from the first figure separately as well.

Agreed, I wasn't expecting that. I'd love to get that hat, but strangely I don't see any pics of him actually wearing it, so who knows if that'll even look good or not...

I also noticed that they're selling the Connery head from the first figure separately as well.
Yeah, it is odd that there isn’t a picture of him with the hat on. They do show him wearing the coat though. I just figure if I want it and it’s the same price might as well get both. I think the sculpt has been sold separately for a while. Not sure what the story is there. I kind of wish more companies would sell individual parts though.

Great news for BCS and this line
44A0D652-641D-4F8D-90F0-96F1AC597825.jpeg

Yeah I had seen that. I assume that’s just the stock they have left on their site. Curious how many are left at the various other places selling though. Good for them though. I think the lower edition size and the quality being better helped these be successful.

Going from near 4,000 pieces (Goldfinger) to little more than 1,000 made a big difference.

Sweet spot for Bond looks like about 1,500 for lesser titles and probably up to 2,500 for better titles.

I'm surprised at how low those numbers are. Can there really be less than 4,000 classic Bond fans who also like to collect 1/6 Bond figures globally?

I'm surprised at how low those numbers are. Can there really be less than 4,000 classic Bond fans who also like to collect 1/6 Bond figures globally?

Absolutely possible. Except for the rare guy in his mid 30s like me who actually got into it, (I’ve read that the key demographic for high end 1/6 collectibles is between 40-40 from a few 1/6 manufacturers in various articles over the last few years) we have only had two bonds in our era, at least in the theaters, Brosnan and Craig nad as we see with things like the avengers and excluding Star Wars which has had continual theatrical re releases and way more marketing and exposure which allows it to be more of the general zeitgeist.

Bond isn’t a niche market by any means but a handful of guys who are hardcore fans will be nostalgic for a dalton or Moore but the casual collector won’t really look past Daniel Craig

I know big cheif said not to compare them to Star Trek But in some casss some of those figure were at about a thousand and also had a hard time moving. Demand really isn’t there sadly.

It’s why I’m careful to let big cheif knows I’m critical by nature but it won’t deter me from buying as long as the product is at least at the level it is now and improved because more and more I realize it’s pretty unlikely to have a healthy line continue with this current market and economy the way it is and the way it is heading.

$250 each does seem slightly high on these. The one nice thing is that on Sideshow at least that’s the shipped price. I think Bond at $250 sells to some of us, but the side characters at that price point is too much for me. I’m only considering Dr. No since he’s $210.

^ that exactly.

The higher the prices, the people buy. I wanted the 3 Goldfinger characters and could only afford Bond. If I didn’t have the DID Moore, I probably would have bought BCS, but then I also wanted Solitaire. Too expensive.
As said before, I really want Koenig, this one I’ll order as soon as I have the money. flash and Ming, damn, I want them. Hopefully, they won’t sell well and I’ll grasp them when they are on clearance, but that’s my onLy hope. Same for Peaky.

Absolutely possible. Except for the rare guy in his mid 30s like me who actually got into it, (I?ve read that the key demographic for high end 1/6 collectibles is between 40-40 from a few 1/6 manufacturers in various articles over the last few years) we have only had two bonds in our era, at least in the theaters, Brosnan and Craig nad as we see with things like the avengers and excluding Star Wars which has had continual theatrical re releases and way more marketing and exposure which allows it to be more of the general zeitgeist.

Bond isn?t a niche market by any means but a handful of guys who are hardcore fans will be nostalgic for a dalton or Moore but the casual collector won?t really look past Daniel Craig

I know big cheif said not to compare them to Star Trek But in some casss some of those figure were at about a thousand and also had a hard time moving. Demand really isn?t there sadly.

It?s why I?m careful to let big cheif knows I?m critical by nature but it won?t deter me from buying as long as the product is at least at the level it is now and improved because more and more I realize it?s pretty unlikely to have a healthy line continue with this current market and economy the way it is and the way it is heading.

Your Bret Hart figure is insane.

^ that exactly.

The higher the prices, the people buy. I wanted the 3 Goldfinger characters and could only afford Bond. If I didn’t have the DID Moore, I probably would have bought BCS, but then I also wanted Solitaire. Too expensive.
As said before, I really want Koenig, this one I’ll order as soon as I have the money. flash and Ming, damn, I want them. Hopefully, they won’t sell well and I’ll grasp them when they are on clearance, but that’s my onLy hope. Same for Peaky.
Koenig appeals to me even though I’ve never watched Space: 1999 :lol. Might try and start watching the show. Simple figure but looks cool as I like classic sci-fi.

Only 1000 made for each of the LALD figures? Where is that number from..BCS? If so..WOW I am now tempted to get these because these are very very low numbers...really amazing

Its on their site, yes. Each figure page.

Actually, the edition size is 1,000 for each... but they only made so far: Bond 500, Solitaire 400, Samedi 400.... so it could be insanely low for some.

Geeezzzzz…...OK I gotta get these then....they may not even get near 1000...

Back