Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have Solitaire and Samedi and they are great.
How can anyone say this is not a great sculpt.
B534071F-1EB1-4E63-BB8F-EA205AEE9F63.jpg

Attachments

• 313C3FCB-9971-46E1-9B63-4538A9989C95.jpg
    313C3FCB-9971-46E1-9B63-4538A9989C95.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 123
  • D65CFCE7-1055-4C83-85CB-F21064864AAF.jpeg
    D65CFCE7-1055-4C83-85CB-F21064864AAF.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 120
  • ABF98BF0-BCD9-4EBB-A065-0F9BEFE41377.jpg
    ABF98BF0-BCD9-4EBB-A065-0F9BEFE41377.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 118
Still no excuse for putting such a poor gun in a 230 pound set, these things cant be that hard to get right. How do you know the 1/6 market is decreasing? Nearly every market is decreasing at the moment, so why not 1/6 Action figs. Maybe your market is decreasing because people dont like paying over the odds for some of the sub par stuff you produce, especially when they see you almost giving the Golfinger figs away.

As you said though 'No one, and I mean no one can afford to have this kind of product sitting in the warehouse'.

Not an ounce of tact or self-awareness. You should be the one asking a mod to delete your account.

And the sooner the better.

I don't own any BCS figures myself, but these LALD figures seem to be a big improvement over the GF ones. The Sean Connery Bond certainly had it's flaws, but i never heard anything bad about GF or OJ, aside from a few nose rub complaints. I look forward to a Dalton release in the future.

It was more then a few nose rubs, I contacted BCS on several occasions about the nose rub on my fig, provided pics. Even though they knew this was an issue which affected a lot of the batch.
After about the 4th email they stopped responding. Never got a replacement head.

I like how they did the teeth on the open mouth.

I contacted BCS on several occasions about the nose rub on my fig, provided pics. Even though they knew this was an issue which affected a lot of the batch.
After about the 4th email they stopped responding. Never got a replacement head.

Well that explains the spite. Which figure had the nose rub?

It was more then a few nose rubs, I contacted BCS on several occasions about the nose rub on my fig, provided pics. Even though they knew this was an issue which affected a lot of the batch.

Yes similar case here, just because I made my purchase from an ebay seller and not from them, I was left with a nose rub on a 220 quid goldfinger figure, they wanted a considerable amount of money to send me a replacement so I offered to send them the faulty head sculpt as proof that I am not trying to get a free head sculpt of them ( a fare exchange nose rub for replacement) they did not want to know despite this being a well known problem. Does it really matter who I purchased the figure from, how much I paid and what colour the sky was at the time, the fact is they made a faulty product, they should just send me a free replacement.

Yes similar case here, just because I made my purchase from an ebay seller and not from them, I was left with a nose rub on a 220 quid goldfinger figure, they wanted a considerable amount of money to send me a replacement so I offered to send them the faulty head sculpt as proof that I am not trying to get a free head sculpt of them ( a fare exchange nose rub for replacement) they did not want to know despite this being a well known problem. Does it really matter who I purchased the figure from, how much I paid and what colour the sky was at the time, the fact is they made a faulty product, they should just send me a free replacement.

Very fair point.

Where you bought your figure matters with EVERYONE. This is not unique to Big Chief. I dare you to buy a figure off ebay and try to get any kind of CS with Sideshowcollectibles. :lol

I don't quire agree, especially for small companies like BCS who try to build a fanbase.
If I buy a BCS figure from Kghobby or from anywhere else
and then the retailer for some reason doesn't want to help, it means that I have to live with the problem?
For me the response from the manufacturer will dictate if I will buy another of their figures, depending if they help or not.
They have to take into account if they want a happy customer who will appreciate their help and return as a buyer,
or a dissatisfied one which will crucify them in every occasion he can.
For example my personal experience was good with Asmus, not so good with TbLeague.
In my future buys I will think twice before ordering a TBLeague figure.
And no I don't care what Sideshow or Hot Toys do, I rarely buy their figures.

I don't quire agree, especially for small companies like BCS who try to build a fanbase.
If I buy a BCS figure from Kghobby or from anywhere else
and then the retailer for some reason doesn't want to help, it means that I have to live with the problem?
For me the response from the manufacturer will dictate if I will buy another of their figures, depending if they help or not.
They have to take into account if they want a happy customer who will appreciate their help and return as a buyer,
or a dissatisfied one which will crucify them in every occasion he can.
For example my personal experience was good with Asmus, not so good with TbLeague.
In my future buys I will think twice before ordering a TBLeague figure.
And no I don't care what Sideshow or Hot Toys do, I rarely buy their figures.

I agree with the last statement the nose rub issue was not the third party sellers fault.

Its not really something to agree or disagree with, it just seems to be fact: many companies will not service you if you bought your figure from a third party.

The wrong or right of it is for you to decide.

And I agree, when I'm given bad customer service I hesitate to ever buy from that seller again.

Now if there is a manufacturers issue, like the nose rub, then I would expect that manufacturer to remedy the issue. BCS did for many. Clearly not all. But the third party seller should have requested the fix once the problem was presented. And maybe he did -- just sold the heads separately on ebay or something.

That said, every company I know has done some screwy thing like this over time that really pisses me off. I love Asmus, but even Asmus did it with their piqued green-eyed Frodo head that they have since replaced but still not for the early buyers (I am one of them). And Sideshow did it with their Threepio thumbs, which they claimed was not an issue, then fixed in in the new run of the same figure (I also own that too).

What is particularly interesting is how for the most part when questioning the abilities of a particular company, many members actually arrive at the answers without realising it. Allow me to explain...

Why has no company achieved the lofty heights of quality that Hot Toys delivers? Hot Toys have a decade?s head start on other companies. This has seen them afforded the best licenses by licensors, literally handed deals on a plate. All other companies are left scrapping over the same smaller licenses. As such they are able to produce and sell greater volume runs, which means costs are amortised over a higher number reducing cost per piece. Unit price on a small run is very, very high, meaning that the selling price has to be high for everyone in the chain to have their slice of pie.

Higher volumes mean you get much better attention from factories eager for your business. With low volume runs many factories are simply not so keen. It takes time for workers to get up to speed on say a head for example. As such the scrap rate is very high, which is not so much of an issue for higher volumes, but factories are less interested in small runs. Try asking a factory to print the eyes on a head rather than hand paint them. Printed eyes look very realistic, but they are difficult to manufacture and they cost a lot.

We all want the final product to be better than the prototype and seldom achieve it. In short factories are mass producing a quantity of prototypes. Problem is that they require constant management and supervision to ensure that is what they deliver.

Pricing is calculated in different ways by manufacturers. Some elect to combine their tool spend with their overhead and calculate the selling price based on the product cost only. Truth is every figure has specific tooling requirements and costs, so masking these costs to arrive at a lower selling price is simply not an accurate method. Tooling has to be paid for one way or another.

Star Trek has been mentioned on a number of occasions, but are we to see any more from this line or any other from QMX for that matter? I do hope so, but if not I know why and it does not take a degree in math to figure it out.

The sad truth is that whilst the 1:6 scale community might be holding steady, the market is decreasing. The big licenses are not selling the numbers that they once did. Ask yourself why are delivery times getting longer, not shorter? Pre-sales are vital to the category. No one, and I mean no one can afford to have this kind of product sitting in the warehouse. Ask yourself why are prices increasing? See reduced volumes above...

Anyone entering the 1:6 space is in for a difficult ride for sure. Sales are not where they realistically should be and in the current climate and state the world is in, are not likely to improve any time soon. With no new "major players" in the offing and Z rated comic book characters few have heard of or care about, there is little to excite collectors. Expect companies to go retro and that means small runs, increased costs, longer production / delivery times.

I for one hope for a turnaround, and promise you we will continue to push our vendors to improve their output.

Thanks for the insight into the business! This is something we rarely get as consumers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why dont you have a sensible discourse with me, instead of jumping on the defensive. Best not use the word infected at this time.

Also gotta laugh at the guy who aggressively goes on the offensive and then gets offended when his chosen combatant goes on the defensive.

Like I said, complete lack of self awareness. :banghead:

Where you bought your figure matters with EVERYONE. This is not unique to Big Chief. I dare you to buy a figure off ebay and try to get any kind of CS with Sideshowcollectibles. :lol

The only reason manufacturers whether they be named Sideshow or Big Chief treat customers the way they do is because they can get away with it, if we had representation by a more united and outspoken community looking out for each other and products remained in warehouses I can guarantee that we would get better product and service at better prices, don't forget that through no fault of my own or shells075 we endid with a faulty product which is entirely BCS's fault, now I don't expect them to help us as they proved to me that they are a snake in the grass but it saddens me when fellow collectors choose to ridicule or belittle a problem when we choose to point out a fallibility in a company like BCS or their product. What is important here is if you accept mediocrity then be prepared to be drowned in it.

Back