Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok trying out a few different poses, after futzing it as best I could on the current body. One curious thing I found is there's no torso tilt at all, which hinders the posing more than I'd like. And the hands are all also a bit weirdly sculpted and small for my taste (much like with their DW hands), so think I'll be switching to the standard HT versions. Otherwise though it's a fantastic looking figure and well worth picking up if you were at all on the fence. :)

I kept out the name plate and support to make it easier to see the outfit and silhouette.

View attachment 481020

View attachment 481021

View attachment 481022

View attachment 481023

View attachment 481024

View attachment 481025

49671564748_7a641ac288_b.jpg

Damn this turned out great! Possibly BC finest work yet...

Nice shots and posing guys.

wanted to share my few small mods on Bond, I think its a really great figure and with these mods, I love it!

First, I enhanced the paint a little, tried to bring out some of the detail in the fine lines of the sculpt, which age him appropriately, as my main concern with the sculpt was Roger looking a bit too young. I also added lighter highlights to the hair

I painted the sides of the holster brown so that the white underside wasn't showing. Its very well done, this was the only thing lacking

I used a boba fett HT fat suit to replace the stock one. I didn't care for how it made the shoulders look, and I also feel like this one fills up the legs a little more naturally

They did a great job with the accessories, and i do love the way the body poses, specifically around the arms. Light years improvement over goldfinger. If they can get their factory paint to the next level with Dr No, they'll finally do justice to the Bond license. I gotta give them props for the improvements though!!

mZBJfWq.jpg

Ze5wYDL.jpg

jXWDU81.jpg

EUnuJwi.jpg

Stunning pics. I cancelled this a long time ago due to my disappointment with the Goldfinger Bond and the long delays but I may just have to pick him up.

wanted to share my few small mods on Bond, I think its a really great figure and with these mods, I love it!

First, I enhanced the paint a little, tried to bring out some of the detail in the fine lines of the sculpt, which age him appropriately, as my main concern with the sculpt was Roger looking a bit too young. I also added lighter highlights to the hair

I painted the sides of the holster brown so that the white underside wasn't showing. Its very well done, this was the only thing lacking

I used a boba fett HT fat suit to replace the stock one. I didn't care for how it made the shoulders look, and I also feel like this one fills up the legs a little more naturally

They did a great job with the accessories, and i do love the way the body poses, specifically around the arms. Light years improvement over goldfinger. If they can get their factory paint to the next level with Dr No, they'll finally do justice to the Bond license. I gotta give them props for the improvements though!!

mZBJfWq.jpg

Ze5wYDL.jpg

jXWDU81.jpg

EUnuJwi.jpg

Really love what you did with the face and hair, Chili. Was it a just a light wash on the face, and drybrushing on the hair?

Really love what you did with the face and hair, Chili. Was it a just a light wash on the face, and drybrushing on the hair?

Thanks Wor! Yep it was a mix of transparent brown, red, and sand airbrush paints diluted even further applied with a fine brush, and simple dry brushing on the hair.

Great updates, chilipep66. You definitely need to find a replacement for the revolver, though. It looks cheap. Maybe a repaint may help, if a proper replacement is not available.

Sculpt looks good as is, but those enhancements to the lines in his face do make it look better. I always hesitate on making any alterations like that though, particularly with paint apps as I worry I’ll screw up somehow.

Thanks Wor! Yep it was a mix of transparent brown, red, and sand airbrush paints diluted even further applied with a fine brush, and simple dry brushing on the hair.

Great work! I think I can try that on the hair... I don't have airbrush paints so that is beyond my small acrylic world at the moment. :)

I find that I can bring out lines with a wash of very heavily diluted brown acrylic paint, literally like brown water and then let it dry, which probably sound very primitive to an artist at your level. Do you think that still might do the trick? I fear I might stain the skin a more suntan color though in the process.

That wash to bring out the wrinkles on Roger's face really makes that headsculpt look bang on. Really tempted to get hold of one now, to make Bond in his Navy uniform from the end of TSWLM... Damn, I had JUST got my credit card under control!

Great work! I think I can try that on the hair... I don't have airbrush paints so that is beyond my small acrylic world at the moment. :)

I find that I can bring out lines with a wash of very heavily diluted brown acrylic paint, literally like brown water and then let it dry, which probably sound very primitive to an artist at your level. Do you think that still might do the trick? I fear I might stain the skin a more suntan color though in the process.

i think that'll work Wor! Try and mix it with just a hint of red, and instead of washing over the entire face, just hitting the crevices with a fine brush, I find that gives a better result. The only advantage the translucent airbrush colors gives you is just less diluting, so the regualr acrylics will still do it!

i think that'll work Wor! Try and mix it with just a hint of red, and instead of washing over the entire face, just hitting the crevices with a fine brush, I find that gives a better result. The only advantage the translucent airbrush colors gives you is just less diluting, so the regualr acrylics will still do it!

Excellent! Really appreciate the guidance. Thank you very much.

The headsculpt is perfect in my view and with the right wash as shown in chilipep66 pics it really brings out what a wonderful job BCS did but I think they overlooked something, isn't Roger Moore blonde.

The modded Rog looks great. Big Chief are not cashing in on the hype with new reveals tho. They should be showing the Dalton wave now!

That Roger Moore 007 looks brilliant.
If I hadn’t been in meetings, I’d have had Solitaire yesterday. The figure is waiting to be collected at the post office (customs due).
Closed over weekend so Monday it will be.
BCS sent the figures out separately which was cool. The others are here but haven’t cleared customs yet. I’m hoping I only have to make one trip, and find on Monday that the others have cleared customs as well.

The headsculpt is perfect in my view and with the right wash as shown in chilipep66 pics it really brings out what a wonderful job BCS did but I think they overlooked something, isn't Roger Moore blonde.

No not strictly speaking. usually Roger had brown hair.
Although I have seen instances when Roger seemed to have a blond highlight look, Most notably in The Persuaders TV show, but also during his Bond era.
I think this can be explained by his hair getting sun bleached and turning a lighter shade, my hair does the same thing, it goes a much lighter shade in summer.

I did get around to opening and looking at them eventually as I mentioned prior the shipping debacle soured me on it a lot and I really had a bad taste in my mouth.

My feelings are mixed. First off I was not left with any crazy disappointment like I was the last round which is a good thing. Not having to deal with suits helped that a lot. I wasn?t blown away but that could also be because I knew a bit of what to expect but I was impressed with a lot of it also

Baron is a 7.5/10 figure. His only nits are that his body was a bit too loose and his jacket is kind of crappy looking. It does the trick but it?s also not structured and tailored enough as it was in the film. That crappy seam in the hat also detracts but it?s a great sculpt and paint

Solitaire is a 6/10 she would be 5 /10 but the table and chair brings it up a lot as it?s well done. But sorry to say this one looks like big cheif of old. Cartoony sculpt and proportions and flat paint job. The drsss is a noble effort but lacking from the prototype significantly. And the body is absolutely abysmal they should be embarrassed for releasing that body.

Bond is a 7.5/10 and honestly said a great figure. Body is actually high quality this time and the clothes and padding are almost perfect. Belt buckle is a bit inaccurate and the weak link in the set is the gun. God damn it is awful whixh is surprising because the machete is awesome and high quality metal. It?s a hell of a sculpt too. Hell of a sculpt but they just can?t quite get their paint jobs up to snuff and this detracts from it a lot. Its not as sloppy as the goldfinger but it?s a bit flat and does not bring out the details of the sculpt. With a full repaint and if there was some way to replace the gun this might shoot up to a 9/10 figure which is just about as high as I?d rate anything in my collection.

Back