Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep checking YouTube but no reviews yet. I realize Big Chief haven’t sent out their stock yet, but kinda surprised that no one has received one from Sideshow yet.

Keep checking YouTube but no reviews yet. I realize Big Chief haven?t sent out their stock yet, but kinda surprised that no one has received one from Sideshow yet.

Me too

Mine supposedly arrives tomorrow, will post picks immediately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do appreciate the explanation from Big Chief and I get that this is out of control to some degree but there’s fundamentally something wrong when sideshow gets things before the direct distributor.

Standing here in my Lcs looking at these right now is really annoying to me. Big chief I would hope you are taking note of that and can appreciate that at the very least to keep rethinking how you can find ways to make your customer base feel taken care of.

I’ll need to handle them but they look ok. Not hot toys but they do look good. Baron especially. The Moore head looks better than in TA. All would be better with a repaint.

QMX quality is a fair comparison. Largely well done.

821A57B6-C4FD-4849-9164-C3CB8A92499F.jpeg24097453-2794-4AE2-A5B4-8556026197CA.jpeg

Sorry for the bad pics can’t get non reflection

Is it in some exebition? Looks like proto was, no?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Nope I’m standing in front of them as I type this at my Local comic shop which is why I’m annoyed at big chief becuase they’ve not fulfilled direct orders.

My point above was not to say the weather and virus are not valid and more important than waiting two weeks for man dolls. It’s the point that there is something fundamentally odd about sideshow getting product before the manufacturer everyone else who distributes through sideshow gets their stock months or weeks before them. What I’m asking is what incentive do I have to order through your big chief? I understand there’s a few exclusive bits but still.

Hope they can work it out because I’m finding it harder to back the line.

At the end of the day if the figures are decent it what matters most from what I can see it’s an improvement Over the last series but they didn’t have to contend with suits this time around which obviously is a major issue with the first release.

Since I’m on this tangent and since big chief are reading the forums (which I do agree with is a good thing):

I work for one of the largest retailers in the world and one of the most profitable companies in the USA. They’ve positioned themselves at becoming a service that is almost a need for their consumers and they got so massive because they are super customer service centric. So I’ve become lately intolerant when I deal with other business since and I’ll admit that.

I’ll be honest I was about to cancel the order and pick these up here but I couldn’t because of the Non refundable deposit. I get why they have that mechanism in place to protect their business

But...

From what I understand they have to receive the orders then fulfill them. They can choose to roll their eyes at me and ignore the advice but what would really earn my trust as a customer more than the explanation that was largely professional but still laced with a bit of annoyance on their part (which I do get) , would be to throw in a note and a coupon for something small. 10 percent off the next order or free shipping. Honestly most people may not even use it and it only serves them better as they incentivize future orders. And it is a gesture and an acknowledgement of my loyalty and patience as a customer. Better for your bottom line investment in these than replacing heads from nose rubs no doubt.

If they think that’s not important to take care of the customers who were waiting two weeks for the people that got it ahead of them for sideshow then they can look at all of us who waited over a year while they tackled their production hurdles.

I know it seems like I pick on big chief a lot so they probably personally hate me but look at it this way. I had no intention to buy baron and I just did partly because I was annoyed because I don’t have the others but partly because it looked good and I do want to support the line.

Hoping they can take this feedback to heart, unsolicited and critical as it may be because after all my yapping I’m still one of the biggest advocates for this line on this forum lol.

These are just toys I’m they are not important at the end of the day but taking care of your customers is important. For the record I want to say that I did give their CS team props a few pages back too so I’ll always give credit where it’s due as well

Last edited:
It is pretty awesome actually

The machete is made out of metal, the proportions look accurate, I love the expression on his face, the paint job is incredible, my only complaint is the pistol looks like I made it.

Everything else is pretty spectacular.

61c13788b025f7b4dd23c37569677e9b.jpg
83ec493b1fff9c7b36823ee50691d30f.jpg

Add a time when I am reducing the size of my collectibles and my collection, it is a purchase that I do not regret

Well crap, might end up ordered now. :lol. Looks like a pretty good release from what I can see. I hadn?t really planned on a Bond for the collection, but this might be the one for me. I just really like his look. What he?s wearing appeals to me more than a suited Bond, even though I realized the suit/tux look for Bond is what?s more thought of.

WOW.... Bond looks great there! Better than expected.

It was a pleasant surprise for sure, And I have a theory about these, the tape appeared a little bit aged on my packaging, I know that might sound strange, but I think this Roger Moore figure has been done for a long time, and there were delays on Solitaire, just a guess ...

It was a pleasant surprise for sure, And I have a theory about these, the tape appeared a little bit aged on my packaging, I know that might sound strange, but I think this Roger Moore figure has been done for a long time, and there were delays on Solitaire, just a guess ...

Are you getting Solitaire and Baron too or just the Bond?

Back