Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wow. I love the way Solitaire turned out. I do wish the sleeves had some more volume, but as a recreation it's not bad at all. I haven't gotten a Bond figure yet, but that Moore figure looks great.

I should mention the cuffs of the sleeves are wired, and can be given more volume.

Solitaire_Cuffs_0293.jpg

However, in focusing on her cuffs, I noticed her hands are painted a rather sickly color compared to her face. Thats a bit of a wtf head scratcher. And the wrist pegs are unpainted.

View attachment 480384

That is a shame.

Not very attractive hands at that. But they did get the rings correct I believe.

I am happy to learn that the sleeves are wired though.

Whitd said she is scaled correctly for 5'3'' but I hope someone will post a picture of her with Bond so I can see for myself. She looks to be a little tall to me.

The DID version is more accurate for Moore's 6' 1" height, though Big Chief body proportions look much better. Maybe some ankle extenders are in order on BCS's. I like that the two Moore head sculpts are clearly at different ages. Solitaire is definitely a bit of a fat head, sadly.

RMoore_BCS_DID_Comp_0302.jpg

Yeah, DiD's version looks like an older Roger Moore. Would be a good source for some custom figures from the later films, if they are not done by BCS.

BCS's version does look to be in better proportions but too short. (or is Solitaire too tall?...)

The DID Moore is an amazing sculpt, maybe better for a latter Moore Bond. Spy Who Loved Me or Moonraker#

28mbjjM.jpg

I like to think he is from TSWLM with the dinner jacket look.

While I agree the DID may work bertter for the era, if anyone needs a tux to go with their new Moore, we had one flake out so one spot available. We will never re-run this and there will only be 15 made..

k8Sjkc.jpg

The DID version is more accurate for Moore's 6' 1" height, though Big Chief body proportions look much better. Maybe some ankle extenders are in order on BCS's. I like that the two Moore head sculpts are clearly at different ages. Solitaire is definitely a bit of a fat head, sadly.

View attachment 480431

Thanks very much for that comparison. Exactly what I wanted to see.

I have been considering the DiD for a long time but now that I finally see the two together, I have to say that the BCS Moore outshines the DiD in every way. Better sculpt for the period, better shoulder strap, better body shape, and even a more accurate silver Magnum.

BCS Moore definitely needs a little long peg boost. But he's got room in the pants length. I'll definitely be picking him up too.

Have you measured Solitaire?

Baron does not disappoint. Perhaps BCS's best sculpt/paint work yet. And one of the most realistic open-mouth sculpts I've seen.

edit: forgot to mention the heads were sitting too high on the neck so these photos are without any neck peg.

Baron_OpenMouth.jpgBaron_ClosedMouth.jpg

The DID Moore is an amazing sculpt, maybe better for a latter Moore Bond. Spy Who Loved Me or Moonraker#

28mbjjM.jpg

I like to think he is from TSWLM with the dinner jacket look.

Not to mention the details/accessories are nicer- look at the shoulder strap and belt....Did superior

I still think the DID sculpt is really impressive, for an Older Moore as already stated, but no doubt the Big Chief figure is much better overall.

How much is that Yunsil suit?

Back