Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Head sculpt looks really amazing, so is painting this time (differently from Connery).
Would like to see a side by side head comparison between BCS and DID...

It’s actually a good “in hand” photo that shows you how the figure looks like in person, which works well for my purposes as a prospective buyer.

You have money for a figure but not for a good camera

And just what was it about other people taking the time and effort to share photos of their figures here that confused you into thinking that was supposed to be done in such a way that it personally suits you and your whims? :slap

The Roger Moore Figure looks great in every photo you guys keep posting. Gives me hope with the other Bond figures coming out later. They hopefully have everything running smoother to where there are no more issues with paint rubs. Congrats to everyone who has picked up the Live at let Die figures.

Well, I finally bought the Live And Let Die figures.... yes, ALL THREE! Two of the three may be here as early as Saturday.

So, so far, I'm 3/3 on both Big Chief Bond sets.

I was always going to get Solitaire, and after seeing pictures I just couldn't pass on Bond... I was going to let Samedi go, but when he dried up everywhere I was looking and I found one place with one left, I cracked and bought him. Watch him be my favorite now.

Let's get on with Dr. No now, shall we? And the next tease.

So one thing I immediately noticed upon receiving my Moore Bond today is that the figure has extremely loose hands. Not sure if it’s the wrist pegs or what. Paint apps are okay. Not quite up to Hot Toys for sure. Also not sure but the top tray has what looks to be a missing piece, but I’m not sure if that’s the exclusive or not. Haven’t inspected it too much yet.

Yes, its for the exclusive - the brush radio. I checked because I too thought I had a missing piece. Samedi also has a bubble spot for his 2nd hat.

Strangely, on my Bond, I got a 2nd trigger hand. I'm on the fence if I should complain because I think I might have more use for a right trigger hand rather than the open palm left that is supposed to be in that spot.

I got 3 left and 5 right hands in the tray (not counting whats on the figure). You're supposed to get 4 x 4.

I wish I had painting skills. It’s not bad, but I can tell a difference in person with this versus Hot Toys. The tailoring is good though. Body seems fine other than the loose hands.

Yes, its for the exclusive - the brush radio. I checked because I too thought I had a missing piece. Samedi also has a bubble spot for his 2nd hat.

Strangely, on my Bond, I got a 2nd trigger hand. I'm on the fence if I should complain because I think I might have more use for a right trigger hand rather than the open palm left that is supposed to be in that spot.

I got 3 left and 5 right hands in the tray (not counting whats on the figure). You're supposed to get 4 x 4.

You could always pick up a spare hand from Toy Anxiety

https://toyanxiety.com/big-chief-studios/007/live-and-let-die/james-bond/

Yeah, I did see those. Thanks.

If I had other stuff I wanted from TA I might pop it in, but ordering it alone with shipping doesn't make sense for something that should be in my box.

Well, I just received the last figure to complete the SET of Big Chief LIVE AND LET DIE figures. Now that I have them all, I figured I’d throw out my two-cents.

Overall, I am very happy that I bought the set. I really like Solitaire, Bond is a fantastic surprise, and Baron Samedi, who I was originally going to pass on, is certainly the most fun of the bunch… and will probably garner more attention from my non-collector friends than most of my other figures.

BOND -
Great sculpt. Good paint. The clothing and gear are very nice. The fat suit gives him a good shape but will take some work to hide the areas where it protrudes -- like the shoulders. The magnetic watch with metal shark pellets is AWESOME! As is the metal machete. The gun, unfortunately, is the weakest part and the one item guaranteed to be in this figure’s hand. But the holster looks great so I’m tempted to put it in there and have Bond holding the bomb instead.

SAMEDI -
The open mouth sculpt is incredible. Both sculpts are among the best actually. The unique body is better than I expected. But then so is the entire figure. The props are great and well made. The wired jacket allows for some wild movement. I wish the jacket had more sturdy shoulders; they seem to collapse and wrinkle easily. The array of crazy hands will allow for so many wacky poses -- I’ll have a hard time deciding on just what pose to have him in. Even one of the feet has its toe up in the air. If only he could stand on one foot.

SOLITAIRE -
Again, overall, I really like her. The boots are so well done I hate to hide them. The dress is good, though the sleeves are difficult to work with because you have to twist the sleeve to make them work. The wired cuffs help. On mine, she’s a little loose in the ankles -- although she will stand, her feet want to go all over the place every time I lift her. The hands are unfortunate -- oddly puffy and very poorly painted. I had a ring top fall off upon opening it. Fortunately, I found the piece. The hand choices do allow for some nice card holding poses though.

Now almost its own character is Solitaire’s table. This is truly awesome. The chair has a cushion that feels like real leather. The chrome stands and the plastic table top are sharp. I have what looks to be glue residue on my table legs -- something smeary on the metal bars -- but I’m hoping I can wipe/scrub it away. Despite that, the table top is clean and crisp, nicely protected, and that chair -- did I mention the chair. With Solitaire seated or standing behind the table, it is a stunning display all in itself. My only concern is keeping that red dress on that white cushion for a long period of time. You better get some cellophane under her bum.

Again, I think if you love Bond you would be very happy with the set. Despite issues with guns and hands, the three figures together in all their red, white and black glory really make a wonderful display. I really want to put my old Sideshow Tee Hee in there as well but I don’t think he’ll hold up without some work.

Quickly unfutzed pictures below of Solitaire and her table…

COMP 1.jpg

They sound good. For the future of a line, it would seem that the improvements BCS have been making came at the right time and collectors will have a line of nice figures in their collections. I've heard they are extending the Doctor Who line as well, which would be a slight problem, as, if you were being a completist, you'd have to have a fair few not so good figures if you wanted a decent sized collection.

Thanks!

Had some fun today, futzing ALL three of the LALD crew. Some really neat things in the sets, the more I look, the more I discover -- like the detonator dial actually turns so you can set the 5 minute timer just like the movie. Pretty dang cool...

Anyway, just the usual futzed pictures...

Samedi COMP 1.jpg

Bond COMP 1.jpg

Solitaire table.jpg

Back