Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new heads are fitted. Getting them off was easy enough. Had to heat up the base of the necks to pop on the new heads. Very happy with the final results.
Question about the marker.
It’s a Winsor & Newton Promaster. Coral/Corail R937
4BACFB6F-2CDE-4E11-BF05-C671011CEA3E.jpg

T-Squared. Good guy. Well worth the wait. These pictures are from him actually.

tsquaredpaint2.jpgtsquaredpaint3.jpg

I had the head with the stock suit, but the too narrow shoulders just drove me nuts. I switched him to a better quality grey suit for now.

Beautiful work by T-Squared. Appropriate eye color makes a world of difference.

You know, if you put at least one hand in Bond's pocket in the BCS suit, it pulls the jacket back in a way that makes the shoulders (at least the one side) look wider.

Shows just how good the Connery sculpt is. I also swapped the BC suit out. This fig was so close to being a home run but they didn't quite hit it out the park.

TU0Fu

Shows just how good the Connery sculpt is. I also swapped the BC suit out. This fig was so close to being a home run but they didn't quite hit it out the park.

TU0Fu
Can't see the pic.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Finally switched out my replacement heads today. I almost hate to admit how much I like these figures now. Nosegate really put me off them for a while, but now that I’ve got them display worthy, I really do like the way they turned out. I won’t be preordering LaLD, but I will be watching to see how they turn out. I would like to get the Baron at least to flesh out the villains, but I’m not a big enough fan of the character to go thru another nosegate with him. If he ends up with no issues, I’ll probably pick him up.

I’m a little less hesitant to have them tackle a Jaws now :lol

:lol

It’s been a real roller coaster of emotions. Initially excited, then disappointed with the nose rubs, then hopeful with replacements, then utter devistation with the wait, again excited with the replacements finally arriving, another disappointment with Oddjob’s second nose issue, and final resolution with the replacement and getting all the heads swapped over.

In the end, BCS did come thru. Credit where credit is due. Took far longer than any of us would have liked, but we got what we paid for eventually. I’m hopeful the new factory fixes any previous issues moving forward, but I’m not yet ready to preorder before seeing what the next figures bring. I’m even interested in picking up their Sherlock Abominable Bride figures. I’ve done so many 180’s on BCS over the last year, I really don’t even know what I think anymore. If things are looking better for new releases, at this point I’m willing to still come back. They do still need to earn the trust back and start delivering home runs and getting figures out more regularly. I’m hopeful though.

I'm glad to hear there's another satisfied customer in the end. I hope more people come around. I look at my BCS Bond figures often on the shelf and just thrill at how awesome they look. They easily hold their own with my expansive HT collection.

I do wish BCS would pick up the pace in at least teasing their next efforts (that's my impatience), but I suppose the delay this time comes from the change in factory, which is major. Hoping end of year holidays might bring the production pics of LALD as well as a tease for Dr. No.

What I really want to know is: where's From Russia With Love, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, and The Spy Who Loved Me?

Hopefully with the new factory they will be able to crank out products at a more regular pace. I think some of their Dr Who or Sherlock figures have been waiting for a year or more. They need to get that backlog taken care of and then start popping things out more reliably. I think they snuck Goldfinger into production ahead of others because it is a big license an they wanted to make a splash. Unfortunately, it came from a belly flop :lol

It’s hard for many to separate the issues they had with the actual figures. It was a huge hit to the line, possibly fatal, but I do hope as more are made whole, more will start to come around again. I know I’ve say some harsh things before and didn’t want anything more to BCS but after being forced to pick the figures up and play with them again to replace the heads, it reminded me how much I liked them initially. I’m hopeful this was just a big pot hole in the road and not the start of a dead end. Sideshow proved how much potential this line has and I would love to see it hit its stride.

Back