Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are plans for everything... but all we've been told is that Dr. No is next (Bond and Dr No) and after that is one set representing both Dalton movies.

The pace is very slow at the moment, hopefully things will pick up once BCS is set up at this new factory. But Thunderball looks to be a long ways off.

Apparently they're moving to a crowdfunding model, which should speed things up.

Isn’t that similar to how some comics and collectibles companies proceed with limited-run, niche products via solicitations? I remember how there were so many such products offered that way, but which never saw the light of day for a lack in response to their solicitations. Licensed-based lines by manufacturers like SS and BCS aren’t that different in their line of busines and the nature of their offerings, which are unlike those from the mainstream companies like Mattel and Hasbro, which would produce a given figure in quantities of tens of thousands for distribution to major retail channels. Maybe BCS experiences surpluses with many of their licenced lines like Bond and Doctor Who, but are just keeping tight-lipped about it? If this is the case, too bad we aren’t (yet?) benefiting from liquidation-priced merchandise like the Medicom and Blue Box sets sold on Amazon a few years ago!

There are plans for everything... but all we've been told is that Dr. No is next (Bond and Dr No) and after that is one set representing both Dalton movies.

The pace is very slow at the moment, hopefully things will pick up once BCS is set up at this new factory. But Thunderball looks to be a long ways off.

I can’t wait, my custom THUNDERBALL Connery:

e135f3b8dcc785e26fa7e29ce159a809.png
c6b39cc40b54c8b8fa9cb9fbb24861da.jpg
5ad4247065b7a583a75af39e2a17c6a3.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to find a bigger body, the head looks too big, but, at least it’s going in the right direction...

Looks good. I have a similar bash I made a couple years ago with a retailored Sideshow Goldfinger spy outfit and backpack. I made a Thunderball version way back in 2000 but its got to be horrible now (I haven't seen it in 18 years).

Does anyone have a suggestion as to which body is in proper scale for the Big Chief Studios Connery head?

Things have been excruciatingly quiet. I really need a fix with some news. Something. Anything.

Are there any other toy shows between now and end of year?

Did you hear about the plans to make each BCS release a Kickstarter? I have no idea whether that is a good thing or a bad thing but it's certainly a thing. Fingers crossed their first two figures are jetpack Connery and SWLM Moore.

What? Where was that announced? You mean, like get crowd-funding for each figure -- like we do with customs?

You know, maybe that's not such a bad business model for something like this.

What? Where was that announced? You mean, like get crowd-funding for each figure -- like we do with customs?

You know, maybe that's not such a bad business model for something like this.

It was discussed by Gregg on a fan Facebook page with an announcement apparently imminent.

I have no idea what I think of it! I know virtually nothing about that method of funding. But I hope it works.

Oh good, an imminent announcement... I hope that is truly imminent.

Well, essentially, if its a character that likely has a limited following if any and may not get made -- you know like Largo or Red Grant or Rosa Klebb for instance -- then maybe advanced payments to hit a certain number to get it made is the way to go. As I said, its essentially the same thing we do with customs, like this SWLM Tuxedo.

It makes sense if: 1) there's no other way to get the character made, and 2) you can trust the manufacturer to deliver quality goods equal to more popular figures that don't require the crowd-funding model.

I received an email this morning containing this:
006D0D6A-6C72-4E1C-B081-17EA086CF254.jpeg
So I’m guessing that the new method of putting or not putting a figure into production means that all of these figures may, or may not see the light of day.
Personally, I’m interested in all three releases, especially the Thunderbirds set.

Video interview with Big Chief discussing the launchpad initiative and the first batch of figures that will be launched that way (tuxedo Connery Bond, 13th Doctor, and Parker and Lady Penelope), courtesy of Blast Process/Neil Kenny:

Video interview with Big Chief discussing the launchpad initiative and the first batch of figures that will be launched that way (tuxedo Connery Bond, 13th Doctor, and Parker and Lady Penelope), courtesy of Blast Process/Neil Kenny:

Didn't think Dr. No Connery would take crowd-funding to get made. But then again, it is more than 50 years old.

Well, if this is how the market has to work, then OK, I'm onboard.

That Dr. No Connery looks very nice but I hope they change out that buff body -- looks like he's busting out of his tuxedo at the sides of the shoulders.

Well, we’ll know 60 days after they go ‘live’.
If they follow the rules as I understand them, we can drop a £30 deposit, or pay in full any time within the initial 30 day period to get full benefits (including free international shipping). Then, after 60 days, it’s either all systems are go.... or refunds are go!!!

The one thing they don’t mention is what is the deliverable time?

I understand what they’re saying about vendors etc. But there has to be some kind a benefit for everybody in using their “launch pad” program, meaning I wish he had said like “OK, you put in your deposit, and we will deliver within six months”. Because if it turns out to be a year plus delivery, it’s no different than any other pre-order.

And for the record, I like the idea of the launch pad program, they’re thinking outside of the box, and he’s clearly passionate about these properties, and clearly a collector himself.

Side note, Bond needs larger shoulders:

3c96fdaf4133120fa48dbaf8af8da885.jpg

5c6087bbc07f8b1e1d2bfc18a3e74a17.png

The head just looks too big, just like it did on the Goldfinger one. And the sleeves are too short on the shirt and the jacket.

Yes, once again shoulders should be broader, but my real problem in this pose is how the arms bulge out like he's Arnold...

my problem with arms 10-5-18.jpg

Just kills the clean lines of the tuxedo, and makes it look ill-fitting... which is about as un-Bond as you can get in his signature outfit.

Back