Big Chief Studios - Doctor Who - 11th Doctor 1/6 TARDIS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EE needs to join the rest of us in the future and accept paypal. christ sake. seems pretty standard on a retail site these days

emailed them abit ago to ask why they didnt take pp and was told site was set up prior to paypals existance and they havent updated it yet. lol ok :lol

People who have both versions - any thoughts about 10 vs 11 if you can only get one?

It comes down to personal preference. I prefer 10s as its dirtier. 11s is very clean and new looking.

20160615_233423.jpg

Personally I prefer 11's, partly because it seemed to be far better made, with far less production issues. I also think the colour just pops more, and has a much nicer finish to it.

That said, providing you get one free of issues, you should be pretty happy with either one.

I much prefer 10s, the blue contrast on the windows, the slightly smaller size, the older model phone, the coloring and weathering are more classic Tardis and superior imo. It also looks a bit less toyish.

Finally decided to get a 10 - kinda glad it took so long to decide because it seems prices have really come down a lot. New ones now available for around $200.

Picked this up for $150 from Think Geek. Anybody else have a problem with it draining batteries? Put a freshly charged set in and 2 minutes later they were dead. Also the lights didn't seem very bright. Kind of disappointed with the lighting but the build quality and size is fantastic.

So they are! That’s good for BC, selling out of these. Not cheap, and I don’t recall them ever going down into a sale.
I got the 11th/12th version and love it.
I’d still like to see them have a go at a console diorama.

I really hope BCS makes a model of the new 13th Doc TARDIS. I really love the new design.

There’s a new design..??
Geek talk time: if the TARDIS police box shape is a direct result of the chameleon circuit not working... then it should only ever have had one design...
Geek talk over: actually, I haven’t watched the 10th season yet. I have the Blu-ray set to watch, before the 25th and the Christmas special.

Geek talk time: if the TARDIS police box shape is a direct result of the chameleon circuit not working... then it should only ever have had one design...

I think this might have had an implied explanation in one of the BBC’s web shorts a few years ago (or maybe in the show proper, I’m not sure). The 11th Doctor was explaining to Amy that the TARDIS carefully analyzes its surroundings as it materializes to pick the best possible disguise to blend in with its environment... and then disguises itself as a Police Box. I presume then, that the TARDIS tweaks her Police Box design every so often, between materializations!

That’s as good an explanation as any :hi5:
The varying designs made for a nice collection of Character TARDIS models!!
Just looked over at my BC model, and it’s a sort of Star Wars center piece, as it didn’t fit into the shelf with the Doctors!!

Back