Big Chief Studios - Doctor Who - 11th Doctor 1/6 TARDIS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the product page said it would weigh 4kg, so I was planning on putting it in my detolf using the double glass method. Nope, it's 10kg. I've had to put it in the bottom of the detolf for now...not the best place to display it :/

Mine is now in a cage in customs . Super quick delivery.
Being sent on Monday. Finally!

This is huge! I didn't expect it to be this big and heavy! I was planning on putting it in a detolf by raising tone of the shelves but I'm not sure if that will be possible now. I may just have to display it on top of the detolf instead. Impressive piece though. Its definitely solid and not cheap feeling at all.

This is my setup. I raised the lowest shelf using some "C" wire clamps. Without a shelf the gap is massive and looks horrible. There was even just enough room for the weeping angel

20160322_170135.jpg

weeping angel holdin 11's coat is a super cool pose :clap

Thanks. I had not seen it done before. I always wanted to do it but never wanted to remove his jacket, but then I got the green coat so its the perfect opportunity. I did this just for kicks....

20151130_225531.jpg

I picked my TARDIS today. It's a weight all right.
It is, visually, very impressive. Still can't figure the choice of materials, forcing that weight, but hey, it's here now.
I like the green coat also, finishing off my Stetson Doctor. Now to find a permanent home to display this.

Cheers.
A couple more shots .
The 11th rockn Doc..

And the 10th dropped in to say Hi.

Got to say I had a lot of fun with this yesterday. Tried it out with all my BC Doctors and s few Character figures
I'll probably spend more time today playing with it!! Haha

Mine arrived yesterday (with a pair of angels and a Moffat signature! That was a big day) and I'll put some better pics up later, but ...

024.jpg

I feel like my sixth scale journey of the past few years has all been leading up to this moment.

Nitpicks? Sure, as there are with everything. My door is not exactly level with its twin. The window is a little out of alignment, but not as bad as some, and I don't see myself displaying it very often with the door shut. The bulb is at a bit of angle, but it only looks that way from two sides, so, just spin the lid ... If it was a classic series TARDIS I would put both things down to 'fidelity to the beaten up prop'.

But otherwise? TRANSCENDENT JOY. It's better than I could have imagined. The size, the weight ... and the magic when those lights are on. It's like the TARDIS has just landed in your living room. Perhaps it could be a sequel to 'Planet of Giants' or 'Flatline' ...

Ah screw it, here are a couple more pics. But I promise I will take some better/less blurry ones this weekend and put them up. R2 needed a battery change, and I did that today. Once his lights are going too it's 'light up feature' Christmas.

067.jpg

039.jpg

026.jpg

083a.jpg

Back