Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Sherlock - The Abominable Bride - Holmes & Watson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it looks like BCS has mastered coat tailoring !
This is a massive improvement over their original efforts. (for suits as well)
Everything looks like it drapes quite nicely.

I sold off the original set but if they made the modern figures again with this improved tailoring, I'll definitely buy!

I figured this picture is a good reason to bump the thread :)
I am definitely looking forward to getting them both. Hopefully the paint apps will be decent.

13315636_10154826628466002_3027394871385060662_n.jpg

Very cool! Wish someone would do Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce head sculpts. I'm not a fan of this BBC version of Sherlock Holmes but the outfits look good.

Sean

Very cool! Wish someone would do Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce head sculpts. I'm not a fan of this BBC version of Sherlock Holmes but the outfits look good.

Sean

Sounds like a job for Rocco. Worth an ask. I'd be up for those too.

These will be up for order on Friday, apparently.

BIG Chief Studios are pleased to announce a very special release for fans of Sherlock. In association with Hartswood Films the forthcoming 1:6 Scale Collector Figures from The Abominable Bride will be available as a very limited and numbered Dual Signature Edition set.

Limited to only 200 sets the Dual Signature Edition features a special hand-signed plaque autographed by both Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock Holmes) and Martin Freeman (Dr. John Watson).

In addition to the Dual Signature Edition, the figures will also be availabke to pre-order as Limited Edition Numbered Pairs packaged together in a special slip case.

The Limited Edition figures will also be available to purchase separately.

The figures will be available to pre-order from this coming Thursday 7th July at 6 pm (UK time).

Pricing details are below:

Sherlock Holmes & Dr.John Watson:...Dual Signature Edition.....£499.99
(The Abominable Bride)....................Nos. 001-200.................(£25 discount for full payment up front)
...................................................Numbered Pairs

Sherlock Holmes & Dr.John Watson:...Limited Edition...............£399.99
(The Abominable Bride)....................Nos. 001-TBC................(£25 discount for full payment up front)
...................................................Numbered Pairs...............(£15 discount for using payment plan)

Sherlock Holmes & Dr.John Watson:...Open Edition..................£379.98
(The Abominable Bride)....................Unnumbered.................(£20 discount for full payment up front)
...................................................Purchased as a Pair.........(£10 discount for using payment plan)

Sherlock Holmes:...........................Open Edition...................£189.99
(The Abominable Bride)..................Unnumbered

Dr.John Watson:............................Open Edition...................£189.99
(The Abominable Bride)..................Unnumbered

Putting aside the actual cost of these things for a moment, which you either accept or you don't, I am kind of astounded by the proposed 'limited edition' release, where it seems like you are literally asked to pay £20 extra for a number, and a bit of extra packaging, and that's it. A number that, even if you like numbered items, kind of loses its point just by the very existence of unnumbered releases being made. And a number that doesn't even have a predefined end point set.

I mean maybe it's just me, but these limited edition sets are one if the more bizarre release/sales strategies that I have personally seen for a while. I mean if the limited sets had some kind of exclusive extra(s), that would be one thing, but if it is truly as posted, I find it all a bit odd, really, unless I'm missing something.

Regardless, for whoever does bite, in whichever version, I hope the figures turn out as well as the prototypes look for you. Because they do look good.

These will be up for order on Friday, apparently.

Putting aside the actual cost of these things for a moment, which you either accept or you don't, I am kind of astounded by the proposed 'limited edition' release, where it seems like you are literally asked to pay £20 extra for a number, and a bit of extra packaging, and that's it. A number that, even if you like numbered items, kind of loses its point just by the very existence of unnumbered releases being made. And a number that doesn't even have a predefined end point set.

I mean maybe it's just me, but these limited edition sets are one if the more bizarre release/sales strategies that I have personally seen for a while. I mean if the limited sets had some kind of exclusive extra(s), that would be one thing, but if it is truly as posted, I find it all a bit odd, really, unless I'm missing something.

Regardless, for whoever does bite, in whichever version, I hope the figures turn out as well as the prototypes look for you. Because they do look good.

Completely agree, it's a very, very strange strategy. :huh

As good as these figures look, I think I'll be passing on them for now. Happy with my modern day versions. :)

I was interested in these for a moment. But I can't justify that entry price for what you get from BCS. I'll be getting one more figure from them, the 12th Doctor. And that's if I can't hint down the clothes myself and use my 11b bonus head. I'm just waiting for a good deal somewhere. I don't think these will sell as well as they're expecting.

I feel a bit the same as far as their proposed Penny Dreadful line goes, especially now that the show is over. But we'll see, I guess.

For my own part, while I'm a big Sherlock fan, I'm just not quite a big enough fan to lay down that much cheddar, to be honest. Which is just as well, given that their Who line keeps me broke enough, especially with QMX's Star Trek taking my current attentions (and money) as well on top of that. We collectors all have to pick our battles at some point, after all.

Seeing you say that is a telling event; you've supported BCS for a loooong time. Heck, I'm pretty certain you and noobie I chatted on here when I originally preordered 7b 11, my "first" 1/6 fig (got him a lot later than my first Hot Toy, but the pre-order happened first!). Your pick and choose statement is very true. Looking at what I get for the price, especially considering QMX's work, as you say, just doesn't sit well with me. I love BCS and want to support a small company, but I don't know how long they can sustain their business in this manner. None of their offerings have sold out in recent memory, something they used to do.

I really wanted these but they've done it again - flat paint making good sculpts look bad.

Plus, after paying for the door and Moriarty in full a year ago and still waiting, there's no way I'm putting that kind of silly money up front until I see in-hand pictures.

I really was hoping BCS were lifting their game after those proto pictures, but the pics on their site look really bad IMO.

I'm rather surprised the price is still so high, I'd have expected it to tumble considering all the EU shenanigans.

I'm rather surprised the price is still so high, I'd have expected it to tumble considering all the EU shenanigans.

Why? The pound has dropped against the Euro and dollar, making them a lot cheaper for overseas buyers to buy from UK and more expensive for BCS to import into the UK.

They're not far off the prices the others started at. I do agree overall though - the quality doesn't justify their high prices.

Sculpt is really amazing, but paintup I don't like too much...Worth thing in this is how inaccurate looks painted head on no painted, ugly plastic colored neck.Like for cheap toy attitude...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Sherlock - The Abominable Bride - Holmes & Watson

Inogo did just one of them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Back