Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Sherlock - The Abominable Bride - Holmes & Watson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Sherlock - The Abominable Bride - Holmes & Watson

BCS scans the actors and refines said product digitally. Very similar to ToyBiz and why they were so ahead of their time with their Lord of the Rings figures. So I assume they're printed.

And I love these so dang much...I didn't want to go into this line...but.

Ah, man. I've already paid for the door and Moriarty. Guess I'm in for these too :lol

The sculpts look great. Let's hope they do a better job on the paint this time too. I still love my original duo, but they are flawed.

Hmm. These are looking good. Too bad they'll most likely be destroyed by the flattest paintwork I've ever seen on 1/6 figures. Unless they've improved since the older Doctor figures...?

Still, even if the paint is bad, you can always get it redone. These are slightly tempting to me right now, even though I told myself I was done with Big Chief stuff.

Still, even if the paint is bad, you can always get it redone. These are slightly tempting to me right now, even though I told myself I was done with Big Chief stuff.

I was the same, but I've heard on the grapevine that they're trying to lift their quality. I hope so. Well, my bank balance doesn't, but I do! :lol

I was the same, but I've heard on the grapevine that they're trying to lift their quality. I hope so. Well, my bank balance doesn't, but I do! :lol

Well, fingers crossed, then! The two figures I have from them aren't terrible (especially since I paid around $100 to have each head repainted), although the bodies still seem very light/flimsy compared to others I own. One of my Doctors also had some stains on his shirt, although they did send me a new one eventually.

This would be an instant purchase for me if the paint was good enough. Even my Medicom Snape has paint that was 2x better than the paint on my Doctors... They looked like dollies.

I figured this picture is a good reason to bump the thread :)
I am definitely looking forward to getting them both. Hopefully the paint apps will be decent.

13315636_10154826628466002_3027394871385060662_n.jpg

The sculpts are a vast improvement. I shall be getting these.

I think these are a vast improvement on the first figures. Sadly, or perhaps luckily for my wallet, I wasn't all that enamoured with the special, so it's not a set I personally have much desire to own.

For the fans looking forward to these, though, hopefully the paint and tailoring on the final versions will be up to scratch. That's still the biggest wildcard when it comes to Big Finish releases, I find. Here's hoping.

BCS scans the actors and refines said product digitally. Very similar to ToyBiz and why they were so ahead of their time with their Lord of the Rings figures. So I assume they're printed.

the sherlock was sculpted by inigou... not scanned off Cumberbatch... artists are still involved...

the sherlock was sculpted by inigou... not scanned off Cumberbatch... artists are still involved...
Just working off the info they've put on their site historically...I hadn't read otherwise so it would only make sense they had moved to this technique. Always nice to see forum members' talents get brought into the industry.

https://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/blog/behind-the-scenes/look-at-those-eyebrows

A first for BIG Chief, the 12th Doctor’s portrait was based on a 3D scan of Peter Capaldi and the data refined digitally. Once the likeness was fully approved, the portrait was output on a high resolution 3D printer. Further refinement was required to remove any visible build lines and imperfections. Finally skin texture and the character’s hair is added by hand. Once complete the master portrait is then moulded and cast out in resin to provide a finished master for tooling and a decoration master for painting.

ah! cool! I only speak of the one... although the original sherlock and watson sculpts were done by Trevor Grove....

Back