Big Chief Studios 1/6 Scale 9th/10th Doctor TARDIS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonWes

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, if the 11th Doctor's TARDIS wasn't for you, then it looks like the 10th Doctor's TARDIS will be offered up soon, judging by what you can see of their booth at the Spring Fair:

10410561_687403608024665_3475299123190218067_n.jpg

Damn, I didn't expect to see this so soon. I would have held off on the 11th Doctors and got this one instead, had I known. Too late now, I guess.

I'm happy with my 9/10 police box. They would have me "by the balls" if they did any Classic Tardis.

Well ****. I'm happy with Eleven's but I had a feeling that there'd be Ten's out to try and recoup costs. I didn't expect it this soon. I have a feeling that we'll get a classic TARDIS. I have a feeling that we'll see a War Doctor's TARDIS eventually too.

11177015635_f894db814a.jpg

This is one collection where I'll be happy with just one. The first release will be a display piece for me, and any more would be a waste.

This is certainly unexpected to have happened so soon, but I guess they wanted it to hit at a similar time to the blue suit Tenth Doctor release. Which makes a certain kind of sense from a marketing point of view.

I'd already decided that I'm a big enough Doctor Who tragic that I'd grab the 9th or 10th Doctor TARDIS, whichever gets made first (the variations between each are pretty minor, all in all) so I'm down for this without regret, even if I didn't expect it quite so soon. Where exactly I'm going to put both TARDIS', that's going to be the real trick.

In fact I'd also grab the '76 TARDIS, and probably the JNT era TARDIS as well, but I think that would be a fairly good covering of the most distinctive variant looks over the years, so even I'd draw the line at that point. And just not any time soon, hopefully.

This makes me happy I decided to pass on the 11 Tardis. I hoped with a second run of 10 figures there would be enough out there to justify a Tardis release. Would't surprise me to see a smaller run of maybe 500 instead though.

Wow...that was quick, wasn't expecting to see another one of these so soon. Already have the 11 TARDIS on order and to be honest I am happy to just have the one TARDIS in my collection so easy pass for me (for once) :lol

If BCS was smart, they'd have this PO'd right after the payment plans for Eleven's TARDIS run out so people could just continue on there :lol

I'm torn. I love the extra little details of the 11 TARDIS. But I do love the color and finish of the 9/10 TARDIS. Hmmmm....

Looking at that makes me see the things on mine I should have done better (roof, lantern, and window color).

Does anyone know when this will ship? Paid off all my BCS DW Pre Orders and thinking about just plunking down this one too :lol

Back